Here are the best list of reasons why it was smart of Pace to choose Trubisky over Watson

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Seeing as how he’s had a handful of games in 2 and a half seasons that were very Breesesque, that’s not an illogical ceiling at all.

The sample size is still small despite the “3 years is enough“ narrative. He’s had Brees like games as well as Alex Smith and Tannehil like outings.
You're being to generous

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Thanks. As a student of business, next time you want to prove to me loss of Bears fans’ attendance before 1985, try not using Redskins fans’ attendance. That is just incongruous and bizarre.

As detailed by Mike Rosenberg of the San Jose Mercury News, the PSLs can rise and fall in value over time, based in large part on the quality of the product that the home team puts on the field.
---------------------
Low attendance hurts PSL's value, ticket sales and the bottom line. High Fan attendance promote higher PSL value and ticket sales .
If there's a dramatic loss of cash flow ( bcuz of a poor product) no business can survive without changes being made. That's my very non-condescending, respectful point.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You know how when you watch the Browns you see those guys wearing paper bags over their heads? How do they put up with pitiful season after season? That is what people are saying about Bears fans.

You’ll know when the Bears have a chance at being good again. Ted Phillips won’t be there.

I think that's when the Browns had to leave for Baltimore

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Seeing as how he’s had a handful of games in 2 and a half seasons that were very Breesesque, that’s not an illogical ceiling at all.

The sample size is still small despite the “3 years is enough“ narrative. He’s had Brees like games as well as Alex Smith and Tannehil like outings.
Can you name these Brees like games, por favor?

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Can you name these Brees like games, por favor?

Dallas (Brees had a near identical performance that same week)

Tampa. Say what job will about their defense. Drew Brees played Tampa twice and didn’t get close to 5 touchdowns in a half or a 156.6 passer rating.

New England in a loss by 1 yard where the special teams shit the bed. Mitch threw for 333 pass yards and a TD and ran for 81. He did throw a couple of interceptions, one of which was a tipped ball by a receiver if memory serves. Trubisky almost single handedly kept the Bears in this one against the GOAT.

Miami in a shootout loss where the defense shit the bed and the curse of Brock Osweiler lived on

San Fran. Better than 80 percent complete if I remember including 5/6 on 3rd down. This is when San Fran started to excel on defense hence the low scoring game.

Week 15 against GB last year 20-28 for 235 and two touchdowns outplaying Aaron Rodgers, clinching the division, and eliminating the Pack.

At times during the playoff game. He struggled early (much like Brees yesterday) but came through clutch with a deep dime to Allen Robinson in the 2 minute offense with the season on the line to set the Bears up for a game winning field goal on the outskirts of chip shot territory for an NFL kicker. Enter Cody Parker.

Trubisky is also now 4-0 against the Vikings the last 2 years and plays them very similar to how Drew Brees does. It’s not pretty and the stat line is usually meh.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dallas (Brees had a near identical performance that same week)

Tampa. Say what job will about their defense. Drew Brees played Tampa twice and didn’t get close to 5 touchdowns in a half or a 156.6 passer rating.

New England in a loss by 1 yard where the special teams shit the bed. Mitch threw for 333 pass yards and a TD and ran for 81. He did throw a couple of interceptions, one of which was a tipped ball by a receiver if memory serves. Trubisky almost single handedly kept the Bears in this one against the GOAT.

Miami in a shootout loss where the defense shit the bed and the curse of Brock Osweiler lived on

San Fran. Better than 80 percent complete if I remember including 5/6 on 3rd down. This is when San Fran started to excel on defense hence the low scoring game.

Week 15 against GB last year 20-28 for 235 and two touchdowns outplaying Aaron Rodgers, clinching the division, and eliminating the Pack.

At times during the playoff game. He struggled early (much like Brees yesterday) but came through clutch with a deep dime to Allen Robinson in the 2 minute offense with the season on the line to set the Bears up for a game winning field goal on the outskirts of chip shot territory for an NFL kicker. Enter Cody Parker.

Trubisky is also now 4-0 against the Vikings the last 2 years and plays them very similar to how Drew Brees does. It’s not pretty and the stat line is usually meh.

Looks like you've pretty much listed every game he didn't play like a backup and said that = Drew Brees.

One good pass against the Eagles = "clutch".

The Bears beat the Vikings last year when they sucked. They beat them this year with Chase Daniel and then in the finale against their backups. But somehow this equates to a Brees-like 4-0 for Trubisky lol.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Look guys, this shit about trubisky is really starting to piss me off. If you have a problem with Trubisky, you're an idiot, and here's why: between Trubisky and Tom Brady, there is a combined 6 Superbowl championships.

So, please, STFU.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I get that. But you seem to be missing the point that you are arbitrarily pissed off by ONE side of the debate. Not the other. Bears fans here that downplay how great Watson plays are just as infuriating to others here as those who "whine" about Pace's failures as a GM. I also think your position would have more merit if Pace were not STILL the current GM.

What are the 2 sides to this? Reality, and a fantasy where we drafted another QB? Lol k. I admit that Pace drafted the wrong QB. But the reality is, we have Trubisky. We don't have Mahomes or Watson, and we never will. Maybe people should accept that?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Everyone he threw to was wide open.

Yeah, open wr's......but @3:34. C'mon that spin move away from the D was classic & sick. And it happened (in a clutch situation) when they needed it. That's what I'm talking about ?

But Watson's a clutch, play-making Qb. He did it in the NC vs. Alabama to walk off with the win.

:Pace:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Godspeed, Mitchell Trubsiky!

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Looks like you've pretty much listed every game he didn't play like a backup and said that = Drew Brees.

The Bears beat the Vikings last year when they sucked. They beat them this year with Chase Daniel and then in the finale against their backups. But somehow this equates to a Brees-like 4-0 for Trubisky lol.

Fair point about the Vikings that I didn’t consider. I listed the games where is mechanics, pocket awareness, footwork, and results on the field reminded me of Drew Brees.

And absolutely I’m crediting him for a clutch throw in the playoffs that should have resulted in a win with just about any other kicker in the league.

He’s had phenomenal games and moments. Despite the 3 year narrative made up by the media, he has had big games in a young career. He’s also had head scratchers in a young career which is absolutely the norm.

I am optimistic for next season with a more manageable schedule and another season in the offense. Not to mention Pace will do everything he can to protect his own reputation for drafting Trubisky. Expect personnel changes on the offense.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Brees has thrown 540 TD passes in his career - the most in NFL history.

Mitch averages 1.17 TD/game in his NFL career. Just rounding here - if Mitch plays for 33 seasons (16 games), he can reach 540 TDs.

Yeah, not seeing the comparison. If I was a Trubisky supporter, I would stay far away from comparing Mitch to Brees lmao.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
What are the 2 sides to this? Reality, and a fantasy where we drafted another QB? Lol k. I admit that Pace drafted the wrong QB. But the reality is, we have Trubisky. We don't have Mahomes or Watson, and we never will. Maybe people should accept that?

Don't be disingenuous whether intentionally or unintentionally. The 2 sides are those who hate Pace drafted Mitch before Watson and those who say they don't blame Pace for drafting Mitch because Watson is a product of having a better offense. You seem pissed at the one side but seem to be unaware that there even is the other side that includes many vocal posters. Again that's fine. Like what you like and dislike what you dislike.

You don't take a position here and again, that's fine. You don't have to, but no one wants you coming in telling one side that they are posting wrong and being babies while ignoring the other side. So yeah, my point is either let Bears fans post how they like or - if you find the position misguided - point out its flaws.

I prefer the posters I disagree with over the message board police. JMO

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Don't be disingenuous whether intentionally or unintentionally. The 2 sides are those who hate Pace drafted Mitch before Watson and those who say they don't blame Pace for drafting Mitch because Watson is a product of having a better offense. You seem pissed at the one side but seem to be unaware that there even is the other side that includes many vocal posters. Again that's fine. Like what you like and dislike what you dislike.

You don't take a position here and again, that's fine. You don't have to, but no one wants you coming in telling one side that they are posting wrong and being babies while ignoring the other side. So yeah, my point is either let Bears fans post how they like or - if you find the position misguided - point out its flaws.

I prefer the posters I disagree with over the message board police. JMO

I liken this to a friend of mine that used to bellyache about his shitty ex-girlfriend that dumped him. He did it for YEARS after it happened. He pined for this idiot chick, and he was miserable. People were sympathetic at first, and offered words of encouragement. But years into it, people were like, "Dude, move the fuck on."

That's how I see this shit.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I liken this to a friend of mine that used to bellyache about his shitty ex-girlfriend that dumped him. He did it for YEARS after it happened. He pined for this idiot chick, and he was miserable. People were sympathetic at first, and offered words of encouragement. But years into it, people were like, "Dude, move the fuck on."

That's how I see this shit.

Terrible analogy. Try paying a bit more attention here.

You are not forced to stay with the ex so it's done (or should be as you correctly say) but suppose she is NOT Gone? Suppose some law forces you to stay with the shitty gf.

Now imagine you have some friends empathize with the fact that she's the worst BUT then have other friends say that it's ok though: "Other good girls really aren't THAT good inherently. They are just the product of having a better job than your shitty gf and a better home so your CURRENT shitty gf isn't that bad" ...

NOW imagine you (rightly) argue against that flawed logic and then have some random guy named sevvy who seemed not to care about the discussion come in and tell YOU that you're just "whining like a baby" as IF the gf has moved on and is not one of your current issues at hand!

Weird right?