here is the NBA's proposal

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
I hope they accept it, I need basketball!

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The players still don't understand they don't have any leverage.

The only piece I didn't like was the NBADL crap.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
$25 million is extremely generous of a cap. Most people won't make $25 million in their lifetime, let alone a single year. These guys need to quit being greedy pricks and accept the deal. If they really wanted to play, they would quit being bitches.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
The players still don't understand they don't have any leverage.

The only piece I didn't like was the NBADL crap.

which is false that isnt in the deal and NBA said wont be in the deal. It is a B topic which has yet to be negoitated but the NBA said that has never been brought up.

I think the NBA should consider developmental deals like the NHL. Where there is a 2 way deal. It would improve the pay and play in the Dleague for one from 20k to around 75k. It would also help prevent fridge players from going to Euro right away. Most if they dont make the league quit and go to Euro because they pay 100k-250k. Guys like Jamrio Moon would of been in the NBA a lot sooner. Just something that would be cool IMO and get a few more players into the NBA that are good enough but still need coaching and time to develop.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
3 days ago, I was optomistic that the players would accept the deal.

now, after all these reports coming out on how the players don't like the deal, I highly doubt they'll agree to to it.

I don't think the owners are going to offer a much better deal than this. At least not soon enough for a season. They might offer a deal that the players view as fair in 2012

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I found a gem come out of Sterns mouth about the current dispute. He basically singled out the agents for being the greedy partners that make the deals look less attractive to the players.

Now, I am not against having representation, but amidst all of the negotiations and disputes, this is the first time I have seen the right group getting called out for being anymore greedy than the other party. The agents are the most greedy in this bunch, and the players need to cut their commissions big time.

Wow, I actually agree with Stern, but IMO, he is 100% right. Behind the scenes, agents are pushing the players to decertify, which then gets the agents in a position to take a bigger cut away from the union leaders. Therefore now, the current deal that makes sense for small markets and mid-level players, is under scrutiny by an influential minority. If the players want to avoid that hard cap, they need to work out the fine details, and accept this offer.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree crystallas

Thanks for posting the video bleacher bum :) I was really confused over all the issues and offers until now :highfive: I wish both sides would just settle on a one year deal so we could get this season going and pickup negotiations again after the season

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
I agree crystallas

Thanks for posting the video bleacher bum :) I was really confused over all the issues and offers until now :highfive: I wish both sides would just settle on a one year deal so we could get this season going and pickup negotiations again after the season

They did that in 1984 DR J wouldnt have won a ring if they didn't. Thats not gonna happen here though.

http://www.nba.com/news/Memo_to_Players_111311_3.pdf

Sterns letter to the players

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
What the players also have to understand is we have been in a down economy for almost all of the last CBA. The owners need to get a deal that is fair for the economy and even better than the economy . Because they need to recoop all there losses that happened when the economy went to hell. It sucks that the economy is bad but the owners need this CBA to go there way and if the economy improves during the next CBA and the league is making enough money they can get more % of BRI. But 50-50 is more than fair in this market.

A 10% paycut is what most people have had to take in the economy I don't get why the players refuse to.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
A 10% paycut is what most people have had to take in the economy I don't get why the players refuse to.

Bingo. A 7% pay cut at that.

With UFC/MMA, MLS all picking up steam in the US, nothing promises the basketball players/owners that they will keep the same share of the sports entertainment industry. Carpe Diem

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
the union is about to start their press conference

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
so.. the players are rejecting this deal.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Players are decertifying :facepalm:

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL at the players.

Way to make yourselves into the villian in all this.