here is the NBA's proposal

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still have college ball which I typically find way more entertaining and fun to watch unless it's NBA playoff basketball. ..which luckily don't overlap eachother.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Seasons gone.

The Players are dumb. Simply amazing they didn't take any offer. I mean how dumb can they be? The owners had the upperhand from day one, and Fisher and his boys still don't recognize it.

asshats.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Derrick Rose contract is void along with the other 449 players (i doubt they will all be free agents when an agreement is reached in 2012 or 2013)

these players are gonna get destroyed in court. What they did taking the short cut in suing will be considered barging in bad faith expect the owners to get 53-60% of the BRI when this is settled with the Hockey cap.

sad day for the NBA

Kessler and the agents ruined basketball for us.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Damn I hate being right, though its not official yet, seriously looks like there indeed will be no season this year. This was a terrible move by the players.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
you know who's an idiot?

Billy Hunter and the rest of the union for not taking this action back in july when a lot of players wanted to.

Because if they had, we would have been watching basketball right now. Or we would have been getting ready to watch it soon.

now? We'll be listening to all this lawyer bullshit for the next couple of months

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
and Billy Hunter's dumbass saying "we have seen this coming for 2-3 years now."

really? So you knew the lockout would happen and you knew that the season had a good chance of being lost and you still tried to beat the owners in getting the deal you wanted?

If that's the case, then he made himself look like a huge dumbass for not taking this to the courts 4 months ago.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bet if they took a confidential vote of all current NBA players, they would take the deal. The guys calling the shots aren't average guys.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
I44JX.jpg

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
The NBA owners already filed a suit against the union 12 days ago on the legality of their lockout. So they had a very good idea this was going to happen regardless of what deal was offered.

And now that it will, the players have just sealed the coffin on the NBA this year. Decertifying in July would have made sense, not now. Ultimately the players lose, on all fronts here. Even if they win the lawsuit, which will take at the very least 4 months to settle if expedited through the court system, the entire season is gone, millions lost on both sides, an entire fanbase fed up & turned off, & all that for a measley 1.5%.

41589_2369733379_3201_n.jpg

Last edited:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
If the players decertify, why can't we bring in replacements? No, not like the movie... well, kind of like the movie. The coaches already get paid, the staffs already get paid, the venues are booked, so why not? 43 game schedule. 2 per in conf, 1 per out of conf. Street players would almost volunteer at the opportunity.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
If the players decertify, why can't we bring in replacements? No, not like the movie... well, kind of like the movie. The coaches already get paid, the staffs already get paid, the venues are booked, so why not? 43 game schedule. 2 per in conf, 1 per out of conf. Street players would almost volunteer at the opportunity.

i think this would be awesome.

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This sucks but not surprised. I already didn't think there would be a NBA season to begin with. Don't get me wrong I had that little bit of hope that there would be an NBA season and still do until its official theres no basketball but if there isn't oh well. Get your stuff together for next year at least. Regardless Im going to miss basketball if there isn't any this year.

Last edited:

Deng Defense Force

Liked Posts:

And they would have to get volunteers to fill the seats.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
And they would have to get volunteers to fill the seats.

Maybe at first, but I also think if we had a replacement league, we could see some cream rise to the top. Maybe find a few players that make it into the NBA as regularly deemed competitive.

Plus it would be a great tactic to get the players to agree to a deal sooner, which is the main point. Imagine if the NBA still offered these players that opportunity to win a ring, a franchise to do it's best to get a trophy, it would be an asterix year, but the true ball-first players would get anxious to jump the union and get balling. With a de-certified union, you take out those roadblocks.