Here we go... 2022 Season.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is correct. But wouldn't you rather have them like this than a team that wins 75 games? Either way they are ass.....but being this bad, at least they should get an excellent young player in the draft. IMOP, they are doing exactly what's needed.

LOL, round two of this shit starts when the Bears season kicks off. So great to be a Chicago fan these days....
Eh, they start that lottery of the top 6 teams next year. So, they need to be bottom 6

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Eh, they start that lottery of the top 6 teams next year. So, they need to be bottom 6
Is that right? Good Lord, does MLB have to play follow the leader on everything? I assume it'll be the lower you finish, the better the chance you have of getting #1. If so, bottom three would be even better.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is correct. But wouldn't you rather have them like this than a team that wins 75 games? Either way they are ass.....but being this bad, at least they should get an excellent young player in the draft. IMOP, they are doing exactly what's needed.

LOL, round two of this shit starts when the Bears season kicks off. So great to be a Chicago fan these days....
Agreed

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Call me naive. I thought we will see very small improvements as the season goes. Nope, this team is trending in the opposite direction toward 1990's era. .

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Call me naive. I thought we will see very small improvements as the season goes. Nope, this team is trending in the opposite direction toward 1990's era. .
This doesn't surprise me at all. The team is loaded with AAA players who should still be in AAA. I think the only reason they toyed with the .500 mark early is that no one knew a whole lot about these guys.....once teams got some reliable scouting reports in hand.....game, set, match.

I think they are now the 5th worse team in baseball and with a half a season left....they could easily get down to 3 where they'd have an equal shot to get the #1 pick. At least that's what @SilenceS is telling us.

Last edited:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
This doesn't surprise me at all. The team is loaded with AAA players who should still be in AAA. I think the only reason they toyed with the .500 mark early is that no one knew who a lot about these guys.....once teams got some reliable scouting reports in hand.....game, set, match.

I think they are now the 5th worse team in baseball and with a half a season left....they could easily get down to 3 where they'd have an equal shot to get the #1 pick. At least that's what @SilenceS is telling us.

We can hope that they tank down to #3. This year should have been a white flag year anyways.

I just hope that next year is taken a bit more serious. Axe the AAAA. Trade away expiring guys. DFA Heyward and start fresh.

Bell, Gallo. That balances the line up. Move Morel to 2B and target Kramer for CF.

Rotation I don't expect much to be honest.

Starting Pitchers
Jacob deGrom, New York Mets – $30.5 million player option
Aaron Nola, Philadelphia Phillies – $16 million club option
Joe Musgrove, San Diego Padres – 2023 free agent
Carlos Rodón, San Francisco Giants – $22.5 million player option
Nathan Eovaldi, Boston Red Sox – 2023 free agent
Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
Chris Sale, Boston Red Sox –$27.5 million player option
Chris Bassitt, New York Mets – 2023 free agent
Noah Syndergaard, Los Angeles Angels – 2023 free agent
Luis Severino, New York Yankees – $15 million club option
Charlie Morton, Atlanta Braves – 2023 free agent
Adam Wainwright, St. Louis Cardinals –
Sonny Gray, Minnesota Twins – $12 million club option

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This doesn't surprise me at all. The team is loaded with AAA players who should still be in AAA. I think the only reason they toyed with the .500 mark early is that no one knew a whole lot about these guys.....once teams got some reliable scouting reports in hand.....game, set, match.

I thought this didn’t take effect until the 2023 season.

Bust

Liked Posts:
WOW!

Last edited by a moderator:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
How’s that going for you? He’s now tied for the 3rd most errors by a 3rd baseman in baseball this year
You kinda being weird with this. He is actually a really good defensive third baseman. Is he Arrendo? Of course not, he is the best in the league with Matt Chapman(Defensive wise). But, overall, Wisdom is a starter in the MLB.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You kinda being weird with this. He is actually a really good defensive third baseman. Is he Arrendo? Of course not, he is the best in the league with Matt Chapman(Defensive wise). But, overall, Wisdom is a starter in the MLB.
Not really. Someone was harping on wisdom being a GG caliber third baseman. I and many others on here disagreed at the time, and since he has played rather poorly in the field.

Take that for what you will, but the numbers back this up

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Not really. Someone was harping on wisdom being a GG caliber third baseman. I and many others on here disagreed at the time, and since he has played rather poorly in the field.

Take that for what you will, but the numbers back this up

You are not wrong here. -1.6 Def. Errors are just eyesores. It doesn't account for plays out of range which is factored.

Regardless he is a bat first hitter with a glove that falls in middle of the road right now. But all in all for the cost he is not bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Hes a starter on an abysmal team. No team with any intention of contending would have him on the major league roster

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hes a starter on an abysmal team. No team with any intention of contending would have him on the major league roster
This isnt true. Wisdom is not someone I am going to die on the hill for but look at third baseman around the league. He is basically smack dab in the middle.

Look at contenders. He has been better than most of their starting third baseman. Wisdom would be an addition to any team. Is he out future? No, but their is nothing wrong with him at third.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
This isnt true. Wisdom is not someone I am going to die on the hill for but look at third baseman around the league. He is basically smack dab in the middle.

Look at contenders. He has been better than most of their starting third baseman. Wisdom would be an addition to any team. Is he out future? No, but their is nothing wrong with him at third.
I guess we'll see if a contender trades for him at the deadline