Happ LF
Contreras C
Bell 1B
Suzuki RF
Mervis (Matt at AAA now. 33 HR this year) DH
Wisdom 3B (Morel gets some time here)
Davis CF (Morel gets time here)
Hoerner 2B
If you're gonna "dream".....dream big. Can the Bell idea....let Mervis or Wisdom play first. Bring in Bogaerts to play third if you don't sign Rodon....if you do sign him, you get a more affordable Drury to play third.

Turner SS
Hoerner 2B
Bogaerts or Drury at 3B
Mervis 1B
Suzuki RF
Happ LF
Contreras C
Davis CF
Wisdom, Morel, Madrigal or Reyes at DH

Multi postional bench players......Reyes, Wisdom, Madrigal, Gomes and the Swiss Army knife....Morel.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well Cubs might have their next ace on the mound today. 7 innings 3 hits no walks. That is TOR stuff already. He might meet the hype that Killian did not

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If you're gonna "dream".....dream big. Can the Bell idea....let Mervis or Wisdom play first. Bring in Bogaerts to play third if you don't sign Rodon....if you do sign him, you get a more affordable Drury to play third.

Turner SS
Hoerner 2B
Bogaerts or Drury at 3B
Mervis 1B
Suzuki RF
Happ LF
Contreras C
Davis CF
Wisdom, Morel, Madrigal or Reyes at DH

Multi postional bench players......Reyes, Wisdom, Madrigal, Gomes and the Swiss Army knife....Morel.

I was dreaming big. Not just his size. But 3.3 WAR this year. .352 OBA.

That is big production and a switch hitter. Cubs have 3 LH 1B ATM that could fight for 1B while he DH. It really don't matter as 1B is a O premium position.

Wisdom is not that good. If he can play passible 3B then his short comings can be over looked. 1B the bat has to justify it.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
And Alzolay strikes out the side.

Next year is becoming interesting. You can see where Turner and Rodon are interested. Cubs can spend and they have depth upwelling.

But to be frank. Tossing out common sense.

Trade up some depth for Anthony Rendon. Then sign Turner, Bell and Rodon.

Then toss away the AAAA scrubs and get ready for another ring run.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
And Alzolay strikes out the side.

Next year is becoming interesting. You can see where Turner and Rodon are interested. Cubs can spend and they have depth upwelling.

But to be frank. Tossing out common sense.

Trade up some depth for Anthony Rendon. Then sign Turner, Bell and Rodon.

Then toss away the AAAA scrubs and get ready for another ring run.
Then Alzolay gives up two runs in the 9th to lose the game lol

and Rendon?! Seriously?!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That is big production and a switch hitter. Cubs have 3 LH 1B ATM that could fight for 1B while he DH. It really don't matter as 1B is a O premium position.

Wisdom is not that good. If he can play passible 3B then his short comings can be over looked. 1B the bat has to justify it.

If you paid attention, you'd know I'm the last guy thinking Wisdom and his 200 K's are any good. That's why you play Mervis with Wisdom as a backup/fill in/DH at first. You don't want to block the youth pipeline by bringing in guys when you have younger players waiting for their shot. I've not heard of anyone on the come at third, so you can go get a guy there. I think I've read about some young guys at short but highly doubtful they'll ever play like Turner....plus I think the combo of Turner and Hoerner sounds real promising. Looking even further down the road, it's probable that the Cubs move Happ before they have to pay him......it would be nice if PCA would be good to go in 2024. That would give the Cubs maybe 6 guys who can move on the base paths....when is the last time they had that dimension in their game?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Then Alzolay gives up two runs in the 9th to lose the game lol

and Rendon?! Seriously?!
Same guy that wanted Joey Gallo.....so it's not all that surprising.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Just out of curiosity when you use the words “his” and “he” without naming a person can you tell us who you’re talking about? Is this about Josh Bell?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Just out of curiosity when you use the words “his” and “he” without naming a person can you tell us who you’re talking about? Is this about Josh Bell?
Josh Bell is a switch hitter so yes first is related to him.

Wisdom is not a complete player. 600 PA he will avg 200 SO per. His walk rate does not justify the glaring hole to his game.

Bell holds a .354 OBA.
This year:. 604 PA. 72 BB. 96 SO
Wisdom .489 PA 51 BB 164 SO.

So really looking at the two guys one wins his matches vs the pitcher. The other loses and crushes a mistake.

That is the difference between the two. If you want to win a ring you want players that are hard outs.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Amazing. Bagging on a guy that has been injured. What I look at regarding Rendon is his SO and BB rates. They have been consistent even battling injuries. 12% BB and 15-17% SO. So he is not 100% for the past few years but it is more health related vs degrading skill set.

He would be a strong add for any team much less the Cubs.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
And Alzolay. To be fair he has a 2nd game and looked better. First game back he was pumped then the second inning was the crash. Even then he was able to get it back together and strike two guys out.

It is early on him but, what the vibe is as a starter he was going to his 2 seem as a prime. 4 as a off pitch. Both were hammered.

Now he has scrapped the 2 and is using the 4 up in the zone only.

What it is worth I feel that the decision has been made with him and less is more. As in he might end up a solid set up.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Josh Bell is a switch hitter so yes first is related to him.

Wisdom is not a complete player. 600 PA he will avg 200 SO per. His walk rate does not justify the glaring hole to his game.

Bell holds a .354 OBA.
This year:. 604 PA. 72 BB. 96 SO
Wisdom .489 PA 51 BB 164 SO.

So really looking at the two guys one wins his matches vs the pitcher. The other loses and crushes a mistake.

That is the difference between the two. If you want to win a ring you want players that are hard outs.
You’re apparently confusing me with someone hyping Wisdom. That’s not me.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You’re apparently confusing me with someone hyping Wisdom. That’s not me.
He's pretty confused. He did the same thing with me. I went back and forth with SilenceS for two days on Wisdom. I'm still not buying him as a ML third baseman. Avg to mediocre glove and 200 Ks don't work for me. Part time DH, backup player....maybe.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He's pretty confused. He did the same thing with me. I went back and forth with SilenceS for two days on Wisdom. I'm still not buying him as a ML third baseman. Avg to mediocre glove and 200 Ks don't work for me. Part time DH, backup player....maybe.
I simply responded to CSF77 asking when he keeps using the word “he“ who he is actually referring to and somehow it became about wisdom even though he was referring to someone else

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Technically, Dave Roberts has led his team to a WS title and 325 wins in just the last three years alone.

But no fan believes the Dodgers are winning because of him.

He is six outs away from unemployment right now.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Padres vs Phillies.

Padres knock out the juggernaut