Here we go again. Dorian is a f***ing monster...

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Be safe. My sister is up here now, she lives in Miami area.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Be safe. My sister is up here now, she lives in Miami area.
It ain't my first rodeo, I'll be fine if it hits us :) The worst part of hurricanes in Central FL is always:

1) Losing power. FL in August / September without AC is pretty fucking miserable.

2) The boredom that follows that. You can only play so many games of cards, board games, etc before you're climbing the walls. I usually end up reading a lot.

People directly on the coast have a lot more to worry about w/ storm surge, etc although significant tree / property damage definitely happens inland if it's bad enough.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It ain't my first rodeo, I'll be fine if it hits us :) The worst part of hurricanes in Central FL is always:

1) Losing power. FL in August / September without AC is pretty fucking miserable.

2) The boredom that follows that. You can only play so many games of cards, board games, etc before you're climbing the walls. I usually end up reading a lot.

People directly on the coast have a lot more to worry about w/ storm surge, etc although significant tree / property damage definitely happens inland if it's bad enough.
Well we hope all is well for everyone in the path.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
godspeed nvan
Give us updates.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

1 Get a generator . I have 2. Can go 3 days with heat or ac running.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Ugh. And of course on a holiday.

Too early to tell, could easily weaken or turn. At least this time around I'll have my upgraded camp stove. So that'll be nice.
spaghetti models have this thing bopping central florida. Have you ever been in a cat. 4? How far inland do winds die down?

I've been in many TS and few hurricanes(Hugo and Isabel) but the winds never really topped 125 gusts. We are coastal too.

I imagine you are gonna get some rain totals?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I have rotated down for hurricane cleanup a few times, and #2 is a killer.
You can't work for 10 minutes before someone is out there asking your life story or telling theirs to pass the time.

I get it, I feel for them, but I gotta get to work!

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
spaghetti models have this thing bopping central florida. Have you ever been in a cat. 4? How far inland do winds die down?

I've been in many TS and few hurricanes(Hugo and Isabel) but the winds never really topped 125 gusts. We are coastal too.

I imagine you are gonna get some rain totals?
Never a cat 4, crosses fingers. I'm inland, but it really depends on what angle it takes over land. I'm probably 20 miles in or so.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I have rotated down for hurricane cleanup a few times, and #2 is a killer.
You can't work for 10 minutes before someone is out there asking your life story or telling theirs to pass the time.

I get it, I feel for them, but I gotta get to work!
You work in power?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If I don't have power by Thursday night, I'm gonna be one grumpy bastard. Worst case I can probably find a sports bar or something...

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Ugh. And of course on a holiday.

Too early to tell, could easily weaken or turn. At least this time around I'll have my upgraded camp stove. So that'll be nice.

Hopefully you stay safe and the lights stay on!

Make sure to strap your smoker down and you can smoke your entire freezer!

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hopefully you stay safe and the lights stay on!

Make sure to strap your smoker down and you can smoke your entire freezer!
I'm gonna throw it in the garage until the storm passes, and then smoke some shit the next day (if we lose power). The day after the weather is generally really nice, I'll need something to do, and everyone can eat well :) Two - three days after is when things start getting hot and miserable typically. Unless it stalls and dumps rain for days straight.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I'm gonna throw it in the garage until the storm passes, and then smoke some shit the next day (if we lose power). The day after the weather is generally really nice, I'll need something to do, and everyone can eat well :) Two - three days after is when things start getting hot and miserable typically. Unless it stalls and dumps rain for days straight.

Hopefully it turns and goes and fucks with someone else.... Although, you did choose to live in Florida.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
It sucks. I'm a couple miles from the coast in SC. Probably going to miss this one but there's still a chance it comes here.

Probably close to 1000 houses got flooded out in my area by Florence last year, and a bunch by Matthew three years ago.

Stay safe and mildly inebriated, everyone.