onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
http://bearswire.usatoday.com/2016/03/21/three-reasons-why-bears-fans-should-be-thankful-for-jay-cutler/

Since joining the Chicago Bears seven years ago, Cutler has started 97 games, recording 50 wins with a 1-1 record in the playoffs. He’s completed just under 62% of his passes while throwing for 22,384 yards and 150 touchdown passes (compared to 104 interceptions). He’s currently the Bears’ all-time leader in passing yards and touchdowns.

Yet, despite his well-above-average success so far, many Bears’ fans voice their frustration and displeasure with his week-to-week performances.

:obama:

CutlerWithTheGW

Liked Posts:
I'm fine with having Jay another year or two, but he is getting up in age, if they draft a qb with their 11th pick, so be it.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
“I’ve said for a long time now that I’m a big fan of Jay’s, on and off the field,” said Chairman George McCaskey. “I don’t think he gets enough credit for everything that he does off the field. He established himself in 2015 – again – as a leader of our team. He had a great year statistically, really solid play, cut down the turnovers.

“He might’ve been the most pleasant surprise on our team of a year ago,” coach John Fox said on Wednesday at the NFL owners meetings. “What’s interesting about Jay, is I don’t see a 32-year-old guy. The moving, the mobility – I see a young quarterback. As long as they move like they’re 28, it doesn’t really matter.”

Zach Miller had his priorities in order when examining free agency.

“Family-wise was No. 1 — my wife and kids being comfortable,” he said. “Jay was No. 2, to be honest with you.”

“Of course I look at Jay Cutler and say, ‘Oh man, he’s going to give us a great opportunity to win every Sunday,’” said defensive end Akiem Hicks, who signed a two-year deal Sunday.

“He’s a great quarterback,” Massie said. “I’m just trying get to the playoffs and win the Super Bowl and be a part of that.”

At this point some of you fans just need to accept you were wrong about Jay, and he's a major selling point to free agents because he's a good qb.

/owned.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://bearswire.usatoday.com/2016/03/21/three-reasons-why-bears-fans-should-be-thankful-for-jay-cutler/

Since joining the Chicago Bears seven years ago, Cutler has started 97 games, recording 50 wins with a 1-1 record in the playoffs. He’s completed just under 62% of his passes while throwing for 22,384 yards and 150 touchdown passes (compared to 104 interceptions). He’s currently the Bears’ all-time leader in passing yards and touchdowns.

Yet, despite his well-above-average success so far, many Bears’ fans voice their frustration and displeasure with his week-to-week performances.

:obama:

Averages:

Starts under 14 games a year
Barely over 3K yards a year (3,197)
21 TDs a year
16 INTS a year

He was not given the proper tools the first couple of years, but overall he stinks. He absolutely, positively is a top 20 QB and that's it.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Averages:

Starts under 14 games a year
Barely over 3K yards a year (3,197)
21 TDs a year
16 INTS a year

He was not given the proper tools the first couple of years, but overall he stinks. He absolutely, positively is a top 20 QB and that's it.

Maybe his "well above average" was in comparison to Bears QBs. Because against the rest of the NFL he's average

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
No doubt, OB. I just really dislike his play and am ready to move on.