Here's what I would do for receiver..

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you would have Jeudy, Claypool & Mooney as your top three receivers going into 2023...which is also the final year of all three players' rookie contract.

I mean you do have the fifth year option with Jeudy, but that seems like a logistical nightmare for the front office.
Well I was actually thinking of extending Jeudy at the trade before the season; IIRC you can extend players after their 3rd season. But yeah, there might be contract fallout. I don't know how healthy Mooney is going to be coming back, and I've honestly not been high at all on Claypool's tape.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wat?

You could say that about every highly ranked player every year, but it happens all the time.

Everyone has a price. Maybe the team with the pick already has a #1 WR and would rather have extra picks.

You can have more than one good WR. This isn’t QB where you play one at a time. If he’s truly as good as people here think, the most likely way to get him is Tankathon #2. Or are you saying he’s just like every other highly ranked player and maybe we shouldn’t be freaking out over a guy at least a year out? I mean I see dozens of posts about this guy…

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can have more than one good WR. This isn’t QB where you play one at a time. If he’s truly as good as people here think, the most likely way to get him is Tankathon #2. Or are you saying he’s just like every other highly ranked player and maybe we shouldn’t be freaking out over a guy at least a year out? I mean I see dozens of posts about this guy…
I'm saying the Bears, for once, have a chance at being behind the ball with a lot of options next year...instead of their usual panick moves of TRADING away MULTIPLE future first round picks to get Cutler, Mack, Fields....we will ALREADY have extra picks in place to make a well thought out move that won't cripple us in future drafts.

Kinda like paying cash instead of taking a high interest loan.

I'm not saying they will get Harrison, but the OPTION to make a play is there. And if it doesn't work out then keep the extra pick and take BPA.

(I'm also not saying the price for Harrison is two 1sts, it might not take that much.)

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The reason we don't have a WR1 is we had to trade up for Fields.

If we kept last year's pick, we'd have Wilson, Olave, Jameson Williams, or Drake London.
What's it matter if Trubisky throws it 1 yard from their outstretched hands.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I'm still pretty high on Claypool, and Mooney can play. Get someone close to their level for the slot and I think you've got enough for Fields to orchestrate an above average offense, pending some upgrades on the line, of course. Need a new center and right tackle, maybe even a left guard, and that's all assuming Jenkins can stay healthy. The lines on both sides are in dire need of upgrading so putting premium assets into the WR might be too much of a luxury at this point.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
stack as many picks as possible.

TRADE Fields for 1st and 3rd
TRADE down with the Colts for their 1st this year and next year.

DRAFT Will Levis at the #5 spot <winner winner chicken dinner>

Serious question, was your Mom smocking crack while you were in utero?

No offense.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
stack as many picks as possible.

TRADE Fields for 1st and 3rd
TRADE down with the Colts for their 1st this year and next year.

DRAFT Will Levis at the #5 spot <winner winner chicken dinner>
If you're getting rid of Fields, then wait till next year and use draft resources to make sure you can get Caleb William who will be better than anyone coming out this year.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Wat?

You could say that about every highly ranked player every year, but it happens all the time.

Everyone has a price. Maybe the team with the pick already has a #1 WR and would rather have extra picks.
Yeah. Kind of really depends on a shitload of factors (draft order, team needs, etc) that are impossible to predict this far out. But it's fun to dream!

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well I was actually thinking of extending Jeudy at the trade before the season; IIRC you can extend players after their 3rd season. But yeah, there might be contract fallout. I don't know how healthy Mooney is going to be coming back, and I've honestly not been high at all on Claypool's tape.

Regardless of what we think of Chase Claypool, Ryan Poles gave up a draft pick for him and he is making the calls, so I would wager Claypool at least plays out 2023.

You could extend Jeudy out the gate, but it's a risky move that sends a mixed message to the current locker room. I want him to play with his new teammates before you reward him with new money.

That leaves Mooney as the odd man out, who would probably be best sent off in the trade for Jeudy.

You can make it happen, but it feels like you are forcing it too much because of tunnel vision over Jeudy. I couldn't hate the move because I like the player as well, but I don't see it being a realistic move Poles would make.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I pulled this from another thread because I was already guilty of spamming someone else's thread, but the more I look at this footage, the more I like what I see.

1. Accept a trade-down for a #1 this year and keep a #1 for this year and get a #1 for next year if possible.
2. Trade that 1st round for Jerry Jeudy. Why Jeudy? He fitna blow up. Watch his highlights from 2021-2022. Look at how open this guy gets if people are stupid enough to play him one-on-one. He's legitimately fast and is a threat any time he catches the ball. Now I know we need an offensive and defensive line more than anything, but this guy has already takes out the "rookie" gamble- he's already been through it and the new money and knows how to and is willing to work, is still only 23 years old, and is as dangerous as any receiver in the NFL.

Look at the play at about 4:29 in the video below.
Denver gave up a ton to get Russell Wilson. They're not trading away his WRs.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Im betting we have Hopkins, Adams, or Evans or Michael Thomas by the start of the season. gotta get an older vet.

InsideTheLines

Opinionated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Miami Marlins
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Northwestern Wildcats
If you're getting rid of Fields, then wait till next year and use draft resources to make sure you can get Caleb William who will be better than anyone coming out this year.
Wrong. If you’re getting rid of Fields tank for 2 more years and get Arch Manning.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wait! So Shitstain wants to trade up in a bidding war by using 2 1st round picks and maybe a bit more for a WR a year plus from now? Whether you think this is viable or not, there is a hugely incongruent disconnect in stated draft philosophy here. I mean, from the perspective of his previous stances on trade ups, will we have all our other ducks in a row to where we can sacrifice a potential premier player trading away a 1st round pick to move up or is it just 3rd and 4th round picks that should never be traded away?

Next year? Harrison may be limping on the sidelines at the combine by then. Another player may emerge as best ever at another position of need, etc. You take your values now, assume there will be top players in every draft and move on. For the record, I have no issue with trade ups. It's all about value but it's next year. I also have no problem with gathering up a 2024 1st but I'll figure out how to spend it, next year. We all expect Fields to excel but what if he doesn't or God forbid, breaks his shoulder etc.

This sort of plan may have you be softer on drafting a top WR this year with the strong possibility of not being able to secure your guy next year as if he is that good somebody may always be willing and/or able to give more. I have no issue with Poles engaging in some divergent thinking but that's a bit to imaginary to actually pursue as a planned path.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wrong. If you’re getting rid of Fields tank for 2 more years and get Arch Manning.
You would have to tank for 3years. He can’t be drafted until 2026 if I’m not mistaken