Hicks and Cohen are recruiting Ebron on Twitter

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
another 2019 career year player, that said, he's still a lot better than what we have currently !!

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Not only does he drop a ton of passes, he's not a good blocker at all. So he wouldn't improve the pass game or run game.

I'd rather stick with Hotlz and Holsted...

bullsrose

Liked Posts:
do we consider some of his production was from ANDREW LUCK throwing to him? Those numbers decrease with Mitch at the helm.
That considered I’d be down with a cost friendly contract and a 2nd rd rookie learning behind him

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
do we consider some of his production was from ANDREW LUCK throwing to him? Those numbers decrease with Mitch at the helm.
That considered I’d be down with a cost friendly contract and a 2nd rd rookie learning behind him

He played 1 year with Andrew Luck. The only thing that is inflated is his TD numbers.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have said several weeks ago I’d like this signing. There needs to be a real threat to the passing game at TE beyond Burton.

He is limited by his blocking but more vertical threats are needed.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
He also has a high drop rate, even with Luck.

If you want a guy to drop a critical 3rd down pass...Ebron is your guy.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to Playerprofile he was #5 in drops as a TE....he always had a high drop rate, but I think he'd make a good backup to Burton still.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He also has a high drop rate, even with Luck.

If you want a guy to drop a critical 3rd down pass...Ebron is your guy.

He does have a little bit higher drop percentage than other TEs.

2019 he was 5/52 which is not good.
2018 he was 9/110 which is more acceptable

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
According to Playerprofile he was #5 in drops as a TE....he always had a high drop rate, but I think he'd make a good backup to Burton still.

He isn't backing Burton up. Burton's career year is what Ebron does every year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here is another reason I think Ebron is an upgrade over Burton

Over the last 2 season

YAC/Reception

Burton: 3.3
Ebron: 4.2

You get almost a yard more per catch from Ebron once the ball is on his hands.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Ebron is the best of the realistic options out there. (Hooper and Henry are not realistic)

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ebron is the best of the realistic options out there. (Hooper and Henry are not realistic)

Financially they aren't really realistic.

Ebron gives you someone other teams actually have to cover with a legitimate defender.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He isn't backing Burton up. Burton's career year is what Ebron does every year.

I think Burton is still the starter and they will share time. If Burton is healthy he is the starter

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is another reason I think Ebron is an upgrade over Burton

Over the last 2 season

YAC/Reception

Burton: 3.3
Ebron: 4.2

You get almost a yard more per catch from Ebron once the ball is on his hands.

Ebron does drop balls, a lot. I don't think Ebron starts over Burton.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The management/owners made it clear in the end of year press conference that they really like the current TEs a lot, but they are not satisfied with their availability and this needs to be addressed. Please note that this is not necessarily my opinion, just what I heard in the press conference.

What this means is they will be addressing the TE position in the off season, and will do it in FA not the draft, as you cannot draft a TE and expect immediate availability. Ebron meets this criteria perfectly as he is not going to cost a mint ( I do not think), and will be available. I do not think they will draft a TE too, I think they will go in with Ebron, Burton and Sheehan. I think that they think Shaheen is still gonna be good. Again, not necessarily my opinion, but what I interpret from the press conference.

McCaskey actually mentioned Tight End first when he spoke after Pace and Nagy.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The management/owners made it clear in the end of year press conference that they really like the current TEs a lot, but they are not satisfied with their availability and this needs to be addressed. Please note that this is not necessarily my opinion, just what I heard in the press conference.

What this means is they will be addressing the TE position in the off season, and will do it in FA not the draft, as you cannot draft a TE and expect immediate availability. Ebron meets this criteria perfectly as he is not going to cost a mint ( I do not think), and will be available. I do not think they will draft a TE too, I think they will go in with Ebron, Burton and Sheehan. I think that they think Shaheen is still gonna be good. Again, not necessarily my opinion, but what I interpret from the press conference.

McCaskey actually mentioned Tight End first when he spoke after Pace and Nagy.

They will have to carry 4TEs. I don't like Shaheen on the team. Even when healthy he can't find the field. I think he is done.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They will have to carry 4TEs. I don't like Shaheen on the team. Even when healthy he can't find the field. I think he is done.

I agree, I do not think Pace/Nagy agree.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
So everyone just wants to ignore that he now has two bad ankles that required season ending (potentially career ending) surgery on both. Brilliant.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree, I do not think Pace/Nagy agree.

I hope this is the spot they are lying about.....Regardless even if Shaheen is on the team they will have to have 4 TEs. I like Horsted's potential.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So everyone just wants to ignore that he now has two bad ankles that required season ending (potentially career ending) surgery on both. Brilliant.

A. The Colts thought he could still play, so he must not have been at death's door quite yet.

B. His surgery was very success and he did it back in early December.

C. He gets a physical before signing a contract.