Hicks is likely back with Bears, Brad Biggs reports

2Deep

Liked Posts:
This is good news.
You win games with D and O line
I love Kyle fuller......but he was great when the bears put pressure on the qb.....since the drop off in the pass rush fuller has been above average CB

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Not really excited by this (non)move. Hicks fell off the cliff last season. And now he’s a year older. His last sack was in week 3. The Dline was one of the lowest in the league in sacks last season and it looks like they are all coming back.

But he cuts Fuller. I don’t get it!

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
This is good news.
I love Kyle fuller......but he was great when the bears put pressure on the qb.....since the drop off in the pass rush fuller has been above average CB

Yep and the Dline was bad last season. Yet Pace isn’t making any changes. Goldman won’t fix all the problems.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
There is no plan. The Bears aren't going to be very good this year, so may as well keep an older player who won't be with the team when they could be good again. And have $10mil on the books that doesn't really do much in the grand scheme.

Don't get me wrong, always happy to root for Hicks. But there is no plan.

2Deep

Liked Posts:
Yep and the Dline was bad last season. Yet Pace isn’t making any changes. Goldman won’t fix all the problems.

I honestly think D line will be lot better this year. Quinn was horrible last year......but you look at his career and he's been solid. If he can go back to his career comps and with Eddie coming back the D line could really be good with Nicols emerging

Luke

Liked Posts:
there is no rebuild here bringing back the cliff diver at 12mil cap hit.
I like the hicks 3 years ago but 12mil for this version, geez

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Not really excited by this (non)move. Hicks fell off the cliff last season. And now he’s a year older. His last sack was in week 3. The Dline was one of the lowest in the league in sacks last season and it looks like they are all coming back.

But he cuts Fuller. I don’t get it!
but with Goldman back that will help big time for Hicks

Bust

Liked Posts:
I'd take Suh over Hicks for same money

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I honestly think D line will be lot better this year. Quinn was horrible last year......but you look at his career and he's been solid. If he can go back to his career comps and with Eddie coming back the D line could really be good with Nicols emerging

At 31 years old, I think Quinn’s ship has sailed. He looked like he want even trying. He’s historical bad on grass and looked weak.

Hicks will be 32 years old and can’t get to the QB anymore. He’s turned into a penalty machine. He’s a good locker room buddy and raw-raw guy but his not worth the money on a cash strapped team.

Mack is now 30years old and is getting beat up facing double teams all the time. Poor guy has no help.

The last time we saw Goldman he was having his worst year of his career. Lets hope that changed.

A 30 year old Trevathen lining up behind this Dline isn’t gonna help either.

Now that Fuller is gone, this Dline has to over achieve to help the secondary. This is something we we haven’t seen since 2018.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
but with Goldman back that will help big time for Hicks

Too many guys are thinking Goldman is a savor. Yes he’s gonna help but the last time we saw Goldman he didn’t look good either. He had his worst season in 2019.

Now Hicks is 32 years old, banged up and can’t get a push off the line and a penalty magnet. I hope he has a great 2021 but that should be his last season in Chicago.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
there is a plan, albeit a poor one.
Pace is trying to win this year.
You don't pay Arob 18mil, Hicks 12mil and kick the can on those bad contracts if you aren't trying to win.
I just hope its win or get fired
They just gave Hicks permission to seek a trade and then when he couldn't they evidently are keeping him (all this was reported, no idea if it's true).

That seems like lack of a plan.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is good news.
I like you, but you’re nuts.