Hicks practices today

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In 2016, Kyle Fuller could have played in the last three meaningless games after being cleared to play on a recovering knee. He chose to let his knee heal instead. He went to the ProBowl in 2017, and was all-Pro in 2018. Sometimes it's smart to just let your key players heal for next year. I see only a low probability of making the playoffs at this point, and zero probability of a deep playoff run. The smart move is to let Hicks heal for next year....
Maybe, but the extent of his injury isn't known by the public. It could be perfectly fine to play.

Fuller was coming back from surgery, Hicks isn't.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
am sure some of these guys have numerous perks to their contracts on games started, pro bowl, sack bonuses etc. If they healthy they are going to want to play. Pro athletes (less you Trey Burton) are not going to care about rebuilds and next year.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
....What good could possibly come out of playing your starters in games that don’t matter?

Tell us you're one of the (now few) fans that are still okay with Nagy sitting the players during preseason?

Always a dicey balance between playing them to give reps toward improvement vs. risk of injury. I see your point. Just making another since some fans like to complain and find cause wherever the want, even if coach is judged as wrong either way.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Tell us you're one of the (now few) fans that are still okay with Nagy sitting the players during preseason?

Always a dicey balance between playing them to give reps toward improvement vs. risk of injury. I see your point. Just making another since some fans like to complain and find cause wherever the want, even if coach is judged as wrong either way.
I don’t see how the lack of pre season meaningfully impacted this season. The 2 losses that have sunk the Bears this season was to Oakland and LAC. Both were far enough in the season where pre season didn’t affect the performance on the field. It’s possible that this offense just sucks with the QB they have. The defense was obviously ready to play since week 1 with no pre season snaps.

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
Yeah but Tua isnt getting paid for incentives, ala snaps, tackles etc.....so sorry, u can ask but it's up to player. This is the professionals in the NFL, not college

No actually it's up to the coaching staff/training staff. The player can ask and plead his case all he wants.... but, at the end of the day it's a BIG business, and teams dont risk their multi-million dollar investments because the player wants to play. Injuries can also hurt trade value in the off-season. So sorry, they can ask, but it's up to whoever pays the contract. This is the NFL, not college. Yhey get paid by the people who call the shots.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In 2016, Kyle Fuller could have played in the last three meaningless games after being cleared to play on a recovering knee. He chose to let his knee heal instead. He went to the ProBowl in 2017, and was all-Pro in 2018. Sometimes it's smart to just let your key players heal for next year. I see only a low probability of making the playoffs at this point, and zero probability of a deep playoff run. The smart move is to let Hicks heal for next year....

IIRC, the coaches were not happy aboot that and Fuller was almost cut because of it.

baredown

Liked Posts:
IIRC, the coaches were not happy aboot that and Fuller was almost cut because of it.
Well, lets see. Fuller is now a healthy top tier CB, and sitting on a generational-wealth contract. His HC at that time is now a media talking head. His DC at the time was smart enough that he got over the short term frustration and developed Fuller into a shutdown CB. The only place Fuller was ever "almost cut" was in media speculation, which conveniently ignored the fact he was still the Bears best CB. But yeah, I can see where someone might still think he made the wrong decision...

Last edited:

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
When the season is over. Learn to read. What good could possibly come out of playing your starters in games that don’t matter?
PROBABLY doesn't matter. Even if they lose to Dallas, they could still potentially sneak in at 9-7 if the Vikings shit the bed. Very slim chances of that obviously.

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
PROBABLY doesn't matter. Even if they lose to Dallas, they could still potentially sneak in at 9-7 if the Vikings shit the bed. Very slim chances of that obviously.
It would take a melt down if epic proportions to make it with 7 losses. FWIW I do have Seattle beating Minny tonight. Would help a lot if the bears win on Thursday too.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

Bears already lost head to head tiebreakers for a wildcard spot by losing to both the Rams and Eagles. No chance 9-7 gets them in.