Hicks trade talk is back

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@halftime, you might be better received if you actually gave solutions or even ideas for improvement instead of constantly complaining. It takes you from being objective and intuitive, to just sounding like a whining bitch. Hence the negative feedback from folks.

That said, does anyone have an idea which FA’s currently out there would make our team better than it would be with Hicks? I find it hard to believe a worse/less consistent pass rush can be shored up by any of the FA CB’s currently out there. The closest player that could “possibly” improve the team (on offense) that I’ve seen anyone say is Moses, and even that is suspect. He’s not replacing a guy we’re paying 4.25 mil to at RT, so at most he would be an expensive depth signing incase Jenkins goes down with an injury?
Perhaps I’m missing the point and everyone ok with not competing this year?
I personally would rather they at least go to the plate and take their swings as opposed to just forfeiting and taking the L.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hicks isn't what holding up a Robinson extension. Extending Robinson would lower his cap hit a bunch for 2021.
This. Would give 18M back to the Bears (minus whatever guaranteed money/Salary to Arob)

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
@halftime, you might be better received if you actually gave solutions or even ideas for improvement instead of constantly complaining. It takes you from being objective and intuitive, to just sounding like a whining bitch. Hence the negative feedback from folks.

That said, does anyone have an idea which FA’s currently out there would make our team better than it would be with Hicks? I find it hard to believe a worse/less consistent pass rush can be shored up by any of the FA CB’s currently out there. The closest player that could “possibly” improve the team (on offense) that I’ve seen anyone say is Moses, and even that is suspect. He’s not replacing a guy we’re paying 4.25 mil to at RT, so at most he would be an expensive depth signing incase Jenkins goes down with an injury?
Perhaps I’m missing the point and everyone ok with not competing this year?
I personally would rather they at least go to the plate and take their swings as opposed to just forfeiting and taking the L.
Offer a solution with $9m in cap space and limited draft picks?

There might not be a good one.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Offer a solution with $9m in cap space and limited draft picks?

Might not be a good one.
Well in the ditch Hicks scenario, it would be closer to $19mil would it not? lol What then do you think? Could we improve? Or is it just a signal to the rest of the players that the Org is giving up on them this year already and they haven’t even taken a snap? That’s not the way I would lead, but then again, I can understand that some people here have never lead and therefore they don’t always take everything into consideration.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Well in the ditch Hicks scenario, it would be closer to $19mil would it not? lol What then do you think? Could we improve? Or is it just a signal to the rest of the players that the Org is giving up on them this year already and they haven’t even taken a snap? That’s not the way I would lead, but then again, I can understand that some people here have never lead and therefore they don’t always take everything into consideration.
I doubt they get someone to take Hicks. I would just keep him for the season rather than get a 5th round pick.

...a 4th now we're talking.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Ppl are entitled to have an opinion.

Put me on ignore, rather than hurl insults.

Nowhere there did he hurl an insult. Since you're so thin skinned why don't YOU put him on ignore.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Damn I do love Hicks, he is a classic kind of player and really fits the attitude we want on our defense.

But, like with Fuller, I totally get that hard decisions have to be made when the cap went down due to the pandemic. It sucks but that is the business side of the game.

If he is gone, I hope he goes to a contender. Fuller took a one year deal to play with the coach that got the most out of him, and could feasibly find a better team next year to pay him the big bucks. It won't be the same for Hicks. He'd be a monster for Tennessee...

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So much butthurt in here. Show us on the doll where they touched you.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So if we had had more picks, but hit on a lesser percentage of them, that would be acceptable?
If you have more picks and hit on the same level of picks you have more players on cheap rookie contracts.