Hicks trade talk is back

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let Hicks and Goldman rotate. He also probably needed some extra time to fully recover from that injury, and wants to chase chips and a better contract.

Relationship continues only if they still serve each other.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they cut Hicks to sign Moses, y'all good? I am.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes, it is becoming more and more clear that Fields is going to play this year and he becomes more important than winning at that point. Moses directly protects that investment.

Hicks for Moses and some cap space, I do that deal.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
If you have more picks and hit on the same level of picks you have more players on cheap rookie contracts.
Yes, but more picks doesn’t necessarily = more solid players. Pace tends to trade picks to get the players he is targeting, even in the mid snd lower rounds. If he didn’t do that, there’s no guarantee we’d get those players.

We could play the “what if” game forever, but the bottom line is, while Pace hasn’t been perfect, he’s been better than league at adding talent to the team, sans QB…until now.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Why? We need a pass rush to help our younger CBs. Unless you feel Moses would give us the ability to have a KC level offense, it’s not a wise decision…

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Publicly sure.

Internally they can very easily be thinking that 2022 sets up better for them to truly make some moves to compete.
2022 definitely sets up better. But that doesn’t mean we have to toss away this season for it. This idea is as poorly thought out as the desire to gain comp picks a year or two ago…

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why? We need a pass rush to help our younger CBs. Unless you feel Moses would give us the ability to have a KC level offense, it’s not a wise decision…
Hicks was MIA for 10 weeks last year, there was zero inside pressure, zero. Moses would immediately anchor the RT position for at least 3 years and opens up endless options for RG, experience, depth, and competition.

The Bears do not have the skill players , hell no one does in the NFL to match the Chiefs. He would however anchor one of two very important positions for JF1.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Hicks was MIA for 10 weeks last year, there was zero inside pressure, zero. Moses would immediately anchor the RT position for at least 3 years and opens up endless options for RG, experience, depth, and competition.

The Bears do not have the skill players , hell no one does in the NFL to match the Chiefs. He would however anchor one of two very important positions for JF1.
Hicks was MIA because we didn’t have a NT (well, and because Pagano sucked). So now getting tidbit our best interior rush when we get that NT bracket? Puts us in the same situation.

Honestly, Moses gives us DEPTH at RT. There’s no guarantee he would start. And no, he isn’t going to supplant Jenkins at LT…

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Hicks was MIA because we didn’t have a NT (well, and because Pagano sucked). So now getting tidbit our best interior rush when we get that NT bracket? Puts us in the same situation.

Honestly, Moses gives us DEPTH at RT. There’s no guarantee he would start. And no, he isn’t going to supplant Jenkins at LT…
Moses was like the #5 or 6 rated RT last year. Pretty sure he wouldn't be depth. Also there is no certainty Jenkins works at LT, so if he failed Moses would give us an option that has played there at least

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Moses was like the #5 or 6 rated RT last year. Pretty sure he wouldn't be depth. Also there is no certainty Jenkins works at LT, so if he failed Moses would give us an option that has played there at least
He’s wouldn’t come in as the #1 RT. He would have to earn it, especially coming in this late. As I said…depth. But you lose a starting DL in the process, and open up your young CBS to being abused all season.

We may sign him. Hope to sign him. But it isn’t going to be at the expense of Hicks.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
He’s wouldn’t come in as the #1 RT. He would have to earn it, especially coming in this late. As I said…depth. But you lose a starting DL in the process, and open up your young CBS to being abused all season.

We may sign him. Hope to sign him. But it isn’t going to be at the expense of Hicks.
Right. I don't want to lose hicks but honestly he's probably gone after the year.

And yeah I assume Moses would be "competing" but also inevitably winning unless someone else really shines.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

When Moses signs with a team, he’s signing to become their starting tackle, not backup. He knows his value and will choose a team accordingly. I don’t think he will come to Chicago knowing he has to compete when other teams are offering him a starting position.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Right. I don't want to lose hicks but honestly he's probably gone after the year.

And yeah I assume Moses would be "competing" but also inevitably winning unless someone else really shines.
I think they will let Jenkins stick it out at LT unless he really stinks, which is doubtful. So he would be competing against a future Probowl RT in Ifedi. ?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Clearing that $ would allow the Bears to sign at least one and probably two contributing FAs at OT or CB or whatever.

Plus you'd get a pick. Losing Hicks would hurt, obviously, but this is 95% his last Bears year anyway.
So they would get draft capital so they could get a guy that would not help this coming season and open a hole at a position where they definitely need help

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Actually B.Nichols, M.Edwards and even B.Urban did pretty good last year getting inside pressure.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes, but more picks doesn’t necessarily = more solid players. Pace tends to trade picks to get the players he is targeting, even in the mid snd lower rounds. If he didn’t do that, there’s no guarantee we’d get those players.

We could play the “what if” game forever, but the bottom line is, while Pace hasn’t been perfect, he’s been better than league at adding talent to the team, sans QB…until now.
Imagine what he can do with more picks...

I am not saying he cannot make moves, but he has made way more moves sending picks out than bringing them in.