Hicks wants to be a Bear for the rest of his career

Bust

Liked Posts:
JUST SAY NO! Akiem was a GREAT FREE AGENT SIGNING BY PACE. Bears got their money's worth but alas the window is about to close with this group.

Akiem, Mack and Quinn all hit the big 3-0 age mark when D linemen start to see an increase in injuries and take longer to heal. Their other starter Goldman is MIA. Voluntarily took a full season off due to covid which begs the question his love and hunger for the game. Probably felt good for Eddie all last year getting out of bed and not feeling any aches or pains post game recovery, lol

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
Why not, if the price is fair?
Which options do you think would be there? Every time I read, no Hicks, Hicks here, Hicks there... What did he (or not) to extend him?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Which options do you think would be there? Every time I read, no Hicks, Hicks here, Hicks there... What did he (or not) to extend him?
His money is needed elsewhere. He’s also old.

That’s really all it comes down to.

Bust

Liked Posts:

depends on your definition of fair. Hicks is not going to play for minimum wage . . .

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
But who could replace him? Internal I see nobody. Other good young guys are expansive, too.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
so if Hicks should retire at the end of the season, mission accomplished, he retires a Bear

Liked Posts:
If they sign him for relatively cheap, I'm all for it. He's still a very productive player. It's the overpaid bums i.e. Quinn, EJax, etc. that are a problem.

Rise

Liked Posts:
No! Let him play for his next contract and get it somewhere else while we get a much needed extra draft pick. Not that it will matter cause Pace would just trade it, but still.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
10 more years at $400M sounds about right to Pace.

Bust

Liked Posts:
If they sign him for relatively cheap, I'm all for it. He's still a very productive player. It's the overpaid bums i.e. Quinn, EJax, etc. that are a problem.

Tru dat. Hicks also has a guaranteed future in sports talk media if he so chooses that path. He has great personality, clear broadcast voice and is a good conversationalist behind the mic.

What's interesting to note is both Thomas Jones and Akiem Hicks were at one point thought of as "just a guy" players and figured it out with the bears. Jones given his draft position was on a pathway to bust status. Two future hall of fame coaches got it wrong when the Saints played Hicks at the wrong position (defensive end) and eventually traded him for a bag of rocks to the Patriots whom another hall of fame coach gave up on in one year.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I mean sure if the price is right. He did more last week than Mack or Eddie or Quinn or Goldman….

But the price I’d want him at is probably way way lower than what Akiem wants. You don’t spend big money on guys his age.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Why does everyone have to age so quickly? Fucking hell. They're young today old tomorrow.

and Norm Macdonald died yesterday. Depressing. Stop aging, people.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looking at what RRH got and what JJ Watt got I suspect it could be an either or with Hicks and Nichols at somewhere in between

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
does anyone know the cap hit on ejax?

some analysts are starting to say he needs to be benched

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I mean sure if the price is right. He did more last week than Mack or Eddie or Quinn or Goldman….

But the price I’d want him at is probably way way lower than what Akiem wants. You don’t spend big money on guys his age.
Mack is 1.3 years younger. He’ll be making 30m for a couple years at Hicks age.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Why does everyone have to age so quickly? Fucking hell. They're young today old tomorrow.

and Norm Macdonald died yesterday. Depressing. Stop aging, people.

Unfortunately for the NFL 30 is definitely old for the trench guys. Baseball, Basketball, etc. 30 is well in their primes and many more mileage left, lol

That's the nfl for ya. No other pro sports compares to the win now league. Top draft picks have to play right away. No throwing them in the farm for development. The turnover of coaching staffs canned at the end of year, ouch.

The Win Now League which is what makes the nfl great, hah.