Hicks wants to be a Bear for the rest of his career

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I mean sure if the price is right. He did more last week than Mack or Eddie or Quinn or Goldman….

But the price I’d want him at is probably way way lower than what Akiem wants. You don’t spend big money on guys his age.
Lions extended snacks cause he wanted to finish his career in Detroit. They cut him a year after his extension. Similar age and regression to hicks

just say no. Stop keeping people cause of the past and project what they mean to the team in the present/future

but I guess what’s another 10-20 mil in dead cap space at this point

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lions extended snacks cause he wanted to finish his career in Detroit. They cut him a year after his extension. Similar age and regression to hicks

just say no. Stop keeping people cause of the past and project what they mean to the team in the present/future

but I guess what’s another 10-20 mil in dead cap space at this point
When did I say anything about keeping him because of the past?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean sure if the price is right. He did more last week than Mack or Eddie or Quinn or Goldman….

But the price I’d want him at is probably way way lower than what Akiem wants. You don’t spend big money on guys his age.
What he does in 'sacks' / 'pressure' is negated by his 1 boneheaded penalty per game which is typically of the 15 yard variety. Love Hicks, but enough is enough with the stupid penalties!

msadows

Liked Posts:
I didn't even extend him an offer in madden.

And he's probably better in madden than he is IRL. Guys an 85 the following year and no one offered him a contract.

I'd love hicks here for the rest of his career, but not at what he will want. Isn't rosenhaus(spelling?) his agent? If so he's gonna want top dollar.

Let him walk I say. Use the extra cash for the offensive end.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why not, if the price is fair?
Which options do you think would be there? Every time I read, no Hicks, Hicks here, Hicks there... What did he (or not) to extend him?

That's my thing. If the price is fair and he understands that he isn't guaranteed a starting spot, then I have no problem with it.

If he's wanting to start and be paid handsomely on his way out, yeah fuck that.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Never pay a guy for what he has done, pay for what he projects to do over the course of the proposed contract. Considering that, you could probably only count on another 2 productive years at best. At the price he'll want, yea, no thanks.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
The problem right now is--Allen Robinson and James Daniels take priority as guys whose contracts are up after this year. Have to make financial decisions on them after this year to keep or let go. Neither will be cheap, and we can thank our dumbass GM for ass fucking future cap space because he can't control himself on void years/bad deals to bad players/egregiously stupid renegotiated deals (Mack/Foles) when he doesn't/didn't need to because he's counting on the cap to raise significantly after this year.

If you can get Hicks back in the 5-8 mil range per year on a 1-2 year deal, I'm good with that. Especially since Mario Edwards, Blackson, and Nichols (if retained) seem like rotational/not 3 down guys--not that Hicks' odds are going to be good, but even on the wrong side of 30--he's already proven to be highly effective. Nichols is the more ideal guy to keep around given age--but his ass needs to show up this year.

When a bum like RRH can get 9 mil a year for having 2 good plays last year when he was otherwise blocked when he was on the field--paying rotational guys comes with risks.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why does everyone have to age so quickly? Fucking hell. They're young today old tomorrow.

and Norm Macdonald died yesterday. Depressing. Stop aging, people.
You will never be as young as you are right now reading this post

think about that!