Hockey Writer Gets Canned For Veiled Insinuations Of Hawks Cap Shenanigans

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
I don't know if any of you chuckleheads even know about, let alone read, "The Hockey Writers". Yesterday, I had a link on my Yahoo page which read:

Patrick Kane's Magically Healing Shoulder Causes Concern

I clicked the link to see what the hell that meant, only to find the article was removed, and the author (who apparently writes for/about the Blues and Preds) was fired. Still curious, I found a link to reddit that has the article, and the usual palaver.

www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/35b7vy/reporter_for_the_hockey_writers_fired_for_story/cr2qoc1

Here's the original link:
www.thehockeywriters.com/patrick-kanes-magically-healing-shoulder-causes-concern/

supraman

Liked Posts:
Shocking he is a blues/preds writer.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
How can he write for two different teams?

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
How can he write for two different teams?
Upon viewing his past "articles" list, I only saw Blues focus.

He's just bitter, not to mention weasely and frail looking. And, he claims to be some sort of goalie. :roll:

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This guy is pathetic. Blues/Preds fan? I doubt it. He probably just hates the Hawks.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Upon viewing his past "articles" list, I only saw Blues focus.

He's just bitter, not to mention weasely and frail looking. And, he claims to be some sort of goalie. :roll:
My bad, I posted my question and didn't see you already answered that.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
My bad, I posted my question and didn't see you already answered that.
No, no worries. The reddit crowd said he wrote for both. He may have, I just didn't feel like digging any deeper...much like he did with his libelous effort.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Hahahahahahaha so much butthurt. Love it.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
:facepalm2:
I agree completely.

0ac1995.jpg

One must loff about how he cropped out his (I'm guessing) ex-"girlfriend".

:facepalm2:

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
So I get the jist of it straight, he's insinuating that Kane faked an injure so we could have cap room at the deadline to pick up Timmo and Vermette because they were going to be more important pieces for the finish of the season than a health Patrick Kane who was leading the league in points at the time I believe? And more importantly, so that we'd have the extra players for the playoffs?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
So I get the jist of it straight, he's insinuating that Kane faked an injure so we could have cap room at the deadline to pick up Timmo and Vermette because they were going to be more important pieces for the finish of the season than a health Patrick Kane who was leading the league in points at the time I believe? And more importantly, so that we'd have the extra players for the playoffs?

happy bday

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What I don't get is that if HawkWriter got fired for publishing bogus shit, why does he still get to post here???

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly, I think the most that happens out of this is in the future, if a player with high salary gets knocked out of comission prior to the TDL and their timetable of return is right around the beginning of the playoffs, the league might ask the team to have a league/3rd party doctor make a determination to see if the player is clear to play or not.

On the surface there was nothing wrong with this--if a player is LTIR'ed the team can replace their salary and there's no salary, cap, or anything other than the (I believe) 50 player roster limit. The only sticking point would have been if Kane was able to be medically cleared prior to the end of the season.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I think the most that happens out of this is in the future, if a player with high salary gets knocked out of comission prior to the TDL and their timetable of return is right around the beginning of the playoffs, the league might ask the team to have a league/3rd party doctor make a determination to see if the player is clear to play or not.

On the surface there was nothing wrong with this--if a player is LTIR'ed the team can replace their salary and there's no salary, cap, or anything other than the (I believe) 50 player roster limit. The only sticking point would have been if Kane was able to be medically cleared prior to the end of the season.

It's still weird to me that they just ignore the salary cap in the playoffs. I guess this situation with Kane is a very rare occasion. Still seems strange that you ignore the salary cap during the most important part of the year.