HOF eligible players announced (Briggs)

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
122 players. List includes Lance Briggs in his first year of eligibility.

Repeat appearances by:
Olin Kreutz
Muhsin Muhammad
Thomas Jones
Wilber Marshall

Think any of these guys gets in either now or down the road?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
122 players. List includes Lance Briggs in his first year of eligibility.

Repeat appearances by:
Olin Kreutz
Muhsin Muhammad
Thomas Jones
Wilber Marshall

Think any of these guys gets in either now or down the road?

Thomas Jones is the best beefback the Bears have ever had and his jersey number should be retired by the Bears. I'd vote him into the HoF.

So glad Pace drafted Montgomery... it's like a Thomas Jones clone only more nimble.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
They are all borderline IMO
Jones crossed 10000 yds which is a hell of a accomplishment but there are so many guys ahead of him that have more rushing yard that arent in(Jackson,Taylor,Dillon)
Marshall was a robin to Singletary and then bounced to DC where he had a good career but not great
Muhammad...same thing there are plenty of guys well ahead of him in line for the HOF
Briggs....same exact thing. He was robin to Urlacher. Hell, he hit FA and no one offered him a deal so he resigned with the Bears.
They all are in the Hall of VG

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I'm not knowledgeable about Marshall, but personally I don't think any of the others get in. Im hoping Hester gets in, but he's probably the last one until Mack.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I fee like fans forget Hall of Fame is not "Players who were good most of their career, even sometimes great"

None of those guys belong in the HoF... Briggs in particular is laughable to me.

He was a good OLB next to a HoF MLB and was never good enough to get a deal outside the Bears, and was not very good without Urlacher next to him.

When I think LB for HoF I think one-man game changer.... I think defensive signal caller/leader for a decade... I think of a guy who put the defense on his back a few times and led them to dominance.

Briggs always contributed to the success, he played his role, but rarely did he alone impact the game... it happened at times, but he was never consistently that guy.

HoF to me is consistently Elite, consistently a game changer, ideally a champion multiple times... Division/Conf/Super Bowl.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I do like Hesters chances. He changed the game all by himself. The game jas now literally changed and no one will ever return 21 tds anymore...they outlawed the wedge andthey kick from closer in so Hester is the last OG return man.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
There’s no way in hell Briggs makes it into the Hall.

I hope I’m wrong. He deserves it. But he’s not thought of like that nationally.

The only currently-retired Bear who’s got a true shot at the HOF is Devin Hester, and I think he may actually get in. There will be him-hawing and purists debating over whether a return man should make it, but I think there may be just enough voters who just fucking loved to watch the guy and want to reward the fun.

Also, Mack’s in in 17 years.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Is everyone forgetting the great Jake Delhomme??

In all honest. Troy Polumalu. Or however you spell it.

Ksap24

Liked Posts:
Olin has the best shot right now Briggs was good but i feel Tillman has a better shot at getting in when he’s eligible compared to Briggs

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
If Briggs or Muhammad make the hall, it will lose all credibility. Neither of those guys are deserving of the hall.