Hoge and Jahns interview with Ryan Pace

Canth

Liked Posts:
Some of my takeaways from the interview:

They view QB as a position of strength now from 1-3 on the depth chart. Between this interview and some other articles/twitter comments, it sounds like Dalton has had a good offseason showing consistency you would expect from a 10 year veteran. A lot of mentions that Dalton is looking better in training camp this year than either Foles or Trubisky looked last year. Fields working through some growing pains as expected for a rookie, but makes at least 1 play every day that shows you the hope for the future. Foles in the 3rd string makes for some different evaluations on the back end of the roster.

The defensive line has been dominant so far in camp. Will be interesting to see if that changes once the pads come on next week.

Pace talked up Quinn a bit. Let's all hope that Quinn produces something this year. Whether its Quinn, Mack, Attaochu, or Gibson, they need a better pass rush this year.

It sounds like Desai has really brought a new energy to the defense. Again, hope it translates to the games. Rumpf on the defensive line and McGovern at ILB coach also mentioned as new coaches making an impact.

I think everyone is expecting Kmet and Mooney to take a big step forward for 2021. Also sounded like Montgomery and Roquan have been a lot more vocal this offseason.

I know Nagy mentioned it previously, but it sounds like they really did change the way they are practicing. It will be interesting to see how that translates to the games.

A couple of times during the interview, the facility and training staff in general was also rightly talked about. Some emphasis on the recovery of the players especially with 17 games. That is going to be huge. Injuries always have a big impact on how a season goes - it sounds like at least from a facility and training staff point of view that the Bears feel they are now top 5 in the league for those sorts of resources.

Darnell Mooney

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I now know why Pace wanted that new team weight room. jeeez

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I love Hoge and Jahns but this interview sucked.

there is absolutely zero reason to listen to Pace. Every interview sounds the same. The answers are always the same. No wonder George loves the guy…. He’s corporate as all hell.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

there is absolutely zero reason to listen to Pace. Every interview sounds the same. The answers are always the same. No wonder George loves the guy…. He’s corporate as all hell.
Didn't listen @Canth ty for paraphrasing, no information as per normal from Pace

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Gentle reminder, what goes on behind closed doors isn't what your going to get in an interview to help build the brand.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh man, I just realized that I left out one of the most important pieces of information from the interview. We now know what Justin Fields drives!

Did anyone guess a truck?
lol but of course he does. That's like par for the course for an athlete. Actually, based on pickup and SUV sales, it's par for the course for the country.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Yep. Ford F-Series = most popular veHickle in the US.
Do the Ford f series still have constant issues? Ford and dodge have both always been pretty awful. I think it's hilarious when people refuse to by foreign when if you just by Toyota it will save you a lot of money in repairs and hold up a lot longer.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do the Ford f series still have constant issues? Ford and dodge have both always been pretty awful. I think it's hilarious when people refuse to by foreign when if you just by Toyota it will save you a lot of money in repairs and hold up a lot longer.
Dodge has gotten a lot better. I made my first new American car purchase about 5 years ago with a Challenger. It has been great.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Dodge has gotten a lot better. I made my first new American car purchase about 5 years ago with a Challenger. It has been great.
Yeah all my experience with those companies is 5-10 years out. So it is possible they could have changed. Nissan and Toyota have always been pretty reliable though

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah all my experience with those companies is 5-10 years out. So it is possible they could have changed. Nissan and Toyota have always been pretty reliable though
I have owned Hondas most of my life. When I was younger I bought a few American cars and they were horrible. After that I owned Acuras and Hondas (same thing basically). I bought the Challenger after Dodge reviews have gotten better. I traded in the Challenger last month, but it performed great mechanically for 5 years. I matured a little and got a BMW 5 series, but I still own 2 Hondas as well.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I have owned Hondas most of my life. When I was younger I bought a few American cars and they were horrible. After that I owned Acuras and Hondas (same thing basically). I bought the Challenger after Dodge reviews have gotten better. I traded in the Challenger last month, but it performed great mechanically for 5 years. I matured a little and got a BMW 5 series, but I still own 2 Hondas as well.
Yeah Hondas will run forever. We've had several Hondas in my lifetime. Great cars.

Of course I say all this and actually drive a jeep grand Cherokee lol. But I do love my jeep

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah Hondas will run forever. We've had several Hondas in my lifetime. Great cars.

Of course I say all this and actually drive a jeep grand Cherokee lol. But I do love my jeep
I had a 96 Jeep V8 and the tranny went after 60k....never again

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I had a 96 Jeep V8 and the tranny went after 60k....never again
Yeah mine is a 17 and I've heard that the issues now are often computer stuff, but no issues so far *knock on wood*