Hoge: firing Matt Nagy would be a mistake

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm really not sure anymore
If, IF they win out, Yeah he stays, but if the pack beats our asses again he needs to go!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I say keep Nagy but lose the visor. Players like him, he kept the team from imploding during a pandemic/losing streak, he made the necessary changes to get the most out of dub Mitch. He's okay.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I mean it's not limited to Nagy. Wannstedt, Jauron, Lovie Smith, Trestman, Fox, and Nagy all had this problem.
But that's just it, they NEED to find that guy! Lovie for the most part did a okay job, wasn't he like 9-9 0r something like that? even so, still not good enough.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I say keep Nagy but lose the visor. Players like him, he kept the team from imploding during a pandemic/losing streak, he made the necessary changes to get the most out of dub Mitch. He's okay.
Yes, please God yes

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
For the life if me I don’t understand why anyone would want to keep Nagy at this point even if they win out. What does he contribute to this team? His offense failed, he has little to no input when it comes to defense and ST and he makes poor game time and personnel decisions. He is the worst and by far the most useless HC in the league at this point. No reason to bring him back.

Not losing the team is the literal bare minimum for a head coach. I mean it’s not like the amount of effort a player gives and the talent he displays as V a result if said effort won’t have an effect on his ability to continue making millions of dollars playing a game. Imagine trying to credit a coach for the team not quitting on him during a losing streak that said coach is mainly responsible for? How about a coach who’s head isn’t so far up his own stubborn ass that he makes the changes needed to prevent said losing streak in the first place?

Last edited:

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
I understand the argument Hoge is trying to make.

But honestly I am reminded of something Dan Bernstein once confided on the radio.

He said a dirty little secret of sports journalism is that sometimes teams will leak a story to a preferred journalist they are in good relation with.

the journalist will take that story and turn it into their own idea and essentially push the teams agenda. It's considered one of the costs of also being able to get scoops now and again.

the point is to try to get fans to buy in or at least prepare them for the decision the team will ultimately come to.

Now that was from Dan Bernstein who himself worked on the Bears and bulls beats before.

I think this smells to me like that kind of article.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

He gets his power from the visor tho.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
If Mitch ever transitions into a GAZELLE-OX it'll be because Nagy had the stones (which are each identical to his head in both size and appearance) to bench him. In doing that, Nagy brought CONFIDENT Mitch out. CONFIDENT Mitch is the Mitch who loved to kiss titties, the Mitch who landed his 10 girlfriend (shout out @Mongo_76), and the Mitch who was ACCURATE in college (shout out @remydat).

Wow

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

But honestly I am reminded of something Dan Bernstein once confided on the radio.

He said a dirty little secret of sports journalism is that sometimes teams will leak a story to a preferred journalist they are in good relation with.

the journalist will take that story and turn it into their own idea and essentially push the teams agenda. It's considered one of the costs of also being able to get scoops now and again.

the point is to try to get fans to buy in or at least prepare them for the decision the team will ultimately come to.

Now that was from Dan Bernstein who himself worked on the Bears and bulls beats before.

yeah but you also bought into Pizzagate so there's that...

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:

Just got back from standing between you and full-fledged communism btw.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I thought this was Christmas Eve, not April fools day

PickSix

Liked Posts:
The problem is that the McCasky’s are so far removed from the game that they don’t know who is legit and who is just a freaking con man. Nagy is the latter, but the McClueless’s are frozen in their paralyzed tracks that they don’t know what to do. Deer in head light ownership.