Hoge's CHGO: Bears are better at everything this year except for D-Line & WR (barely)

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Wasn’t he the one who gave up two sacks in like 80 snaps?
Probably. And it would probably be the SUV that was down several laps before it got past its first lap in a formula 1 race.

The point being that playing NFL starting RG is difficult, trying to play NFL RT when you have no reason of even being put in the position to try to play that position is doomed to fail.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
You are doing exactly what you are saying that he did, which might also be true.

MJY said that Robinson "sucked", which is true. In 2021, Robinson sucked.

MJY did not say that Robinson "sucks" which would mean that he is talentless from 2021 going forward.

Robinson did not play well in 2021. This is a fact.

The 2022 Bears do not have to replace the 2018, 2019 nor the 2020 Robinson. They only have to replace Robinson's production from 2021 to not be worse in 2022 in regards to the #1 receiver position.

This is not some impossible goal. It may not happen if Pringle and company do not show something. If Pringle or Equestrian do match Robinson's 2021 production, it will mean that what the Bears got from that WR position sucked, just like it sucked in 2021 with Robinson.
Robinson is literally more talented than anyone on the bears roster and that is the fact of the matter please and thank you.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Robinson is literally more talented than anyone on the bears roster and that is the fact of the matter please and thank you.
Who the fuck cares? Robinson was never going to come back so your point is moot.

The Bears do not have to replace Robinson. They have to replace Robinson's 2021 production. That is all.

If a WR not named Moonie can get the production of Robinson in 2021, the production will have been met and the result will SUCK because Robinson sucked in 2021. Hopefully, someone far surpasses that.

Why can't people get it through their heads that the Bears only have to match the 2021 production of an unmotivated Robinson, an injured and ineffective Mack and another injured and ineffective Hicks to be the same or better than they were in 2021?

I would love a motivated Robinson, a nightmare Mack and a wrecking ball Hicks from 2018 playing on the 2022 Bears, but that is not a reality. That is an impossible dream.

The 2021 Robinson, Mack and Hicks set a very low bar for the 2022 Bears to match with other players. With that low bar, plus a possibly very easy schedule, the Bears can have a better season than 2021. 2022 was never going to be a Super Bowl season, so some baby steps forward should be the Bears goals in 2022.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
Who the fuck cares? Robinson was never going to come back so your point is moot.

The Bears do not have to replace Robinson. They have to replace Robinson's 2021 production. That is all.

If a WR not named Moonie can get the production of Robinson in 2021, the production will have been met and the result will SUCK because Robinson sucked in 2021. Hopefully, someone far surpasses that.

Why can't people get it through their heads that the Bears only have to match the 2021 production of an unmotivated Robinson, an injured and ineffective Mack and another injured and ineffective Hicks to be the same or better than they were in 2021?

I would love a motivated Robinson, a nightmare Mack and a wrecking ball Hicks from 2018 playing on the 2022 Bears, but that is not a reality. That is an impossible dream.

The 2021 Robinson, Mack and Hicks set a very low bar for the 2022 Bears to match with other players. With that low bar, plus a possibly very easy schedule, the Bears can have a better season than 2021. 2022 was never going to be a Super Bowl season, so some baby steps forward should be the Bears goals in 2022.
I literally never said I wanted him back.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Based on nothing really, magical thinking or maybe Stockholm syndrome, I believe there is enough talent in this OL group that they can find five players to grow into their roles and function as a respectable unit once they get half a season under their belts.

Time will tell.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And I am more right and I showed where I was right while you, as usual, didn't even try to prove you were right, just said that you were right.

Sorry.
Trying to act like no one is talking about Nagy being the biggest addition by subtraction is simply false. It’s the biggest selling point for this offense improving and is mentioned by everyone. this doesn’t need explaining. Sorry if you’re unaware of what people are saying outside of Duh Bears Blog.

Don’t have another meltdown, JoJo.

Toast88

Liked Posts:

I don't disagree with anything you're saying, but I want to point out to this board that Allen Robinson had more yards per game last year than Byron Pringle has ever had in his career, yet I hear people saying Allen Robinson sucked and Byron Pringle is going to be more productive.

Let's temper WR expectations. Bears WRs sucked last year, and they'll suck this year.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

28. Chicago

I’ve crushed Chicagoland dreams. I ranked the Lions over the Bears. Feels like the first time that’s been possible since Joe Schmidt roamed the middle of the field. But part of being a smart franchise architect is to survey the landscape and understand where you are and who you are. Ryan Poles did that when he took this job. He traded Khalil Mack, putting a $24-million dead-cap-money anchor on the franchise in the process, and saddled the team with $52.8-million in dead money. The flip side: The Bears have a league-high $96.9-million in cap space in 2023 ($103 million more than the in-debt Packers, per Over The Cap). The upshot is if new offensive coordinator Luke Getsy can help Justin Fields to be a competent player, the Bears will be in great position to attack the market next March. Baby steps, Bear fans.

meangreek

Liked Posts:
Efferlose might be worse than Nagy, Indy let the whole staff walk and somehow the hits principle is going to make this defense better

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Based on nothing really, magical thinking or maybe Stockholm syndrome, I believe there is enough talent in this OL group that they can find five players to grow into their roles and function as a respectable unit once they get half a season under their belts.

Time will tell.
It's more than that. Getsy is not going to sub a rookie out there at LT and then leave him on an island on a slow developing play or immediately call that play without giving that T some help... like Nagy. We had so much of Nagy not playing to strengths or guarding against weaknesses and odd sequencing/situational play calling decisions that Getsy should be able to do more with a scheme and situation awareness of his personnel.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Efferlose might be worse than Nagy, Indy let the whole staff walk and somehow the hits principle is going to make this defense better
It's 'Everlose':rolleyes: and he's not being a control freak, allowing Williams to put his sig on this D. He will help his coaches scheme on both sides of the ball. That Nagy was so divorced from the D was disturbing. How can you be a great OC when you couldn't at least be a meh DC?

Let? Indy had no choice. You can no longer block assistants from coordinator gigs and Williams was also the front runner at Indy. After seeing WRs not get touched down and Ole' tackling, the HITS principal will absolutely make this D better.

Indy got a great DC in Bradley and he picked his own staff but he was as inept on O as Nagy was on D as a HC (Won a total of 14 games over 4 seasons). Indy should continue to do well but Eberflus will be a much better HC with a balanced overview to O and D.

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I don't disagree with anything you're saying, but I want to point out to this board that Allen Robinson had more yards per game last year than Byron Pringle has ever had in his career, yet I hear people saying Allen Robinson sucked and Byron Pringle is going to be more productive.

Let's temper WR expectations. The Bears sucked last year, and they'll suck this year.
I am not saying that Pringle was, is or is going to be some amazing WR. All I am saying is that Robinson did not have a good year in 2021, the Bears only need someone to be close to Robinson's 2021 production, which sucked, to not be worse at receiver in 2022 than they were in 2021.

There is no tempering of WR expectations on my part. I agree with the Bears sucking part.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Trying to act like no one is talking about Nagy being the biggest addition by subtraction is simply false. It’s the biggest selling point for this offense improving and is mentioned by everyone. this doesn’t need explaining. Sorry if you’re unaware of what people are saying outside of Duh Bears Blog.

Don’t have another meltdown, JoJo.
Holy shit!

Yes, everyone is talking about Nagy being the biggest addition by subtraction! Glad that you finally came aboard to what I have been saying. You have just proved my point to be correct.

Thus, I was right.

Now to your point:
A million people have mentioned this. It is literally the go-to thing to say to try and defend Poles.

Can you not notice that talking about the addition by the subtraction of Nagy has nothing to do with the defense of Poles?

After all, Nagy was subtracted BEFORE Poles was added so someone trying to defend Poles with the Nagy subtraction does not have a leg to stand on.

I will give you this point, there are some really stupid people on CCS, but even if every single stupid person tried to make the Poles defense by Nagy subtraction lots of times per day, there would not be a million Poles defense posts.

I know that you are not among the stupid ones, so someone trying to defend Poles with the Nagy subtraction should immediately cause you to yawn and take a nap. It causes me to take a nap, but I am old so I have an excuse.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
But again, those teams aren’t replacing Nagy and his incompetence at HC. I would say for that fact alone we improved more than them.
Maybe. But I'm old enough to remember when replacing John Fox with an upcoming young offensive mind named Matt Nagy meant the Bears were finally going to have an NFL caliber offense.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Holy shit!

Yes, everyone is talking about Nagy being the biggest addition by subtraction!
This right here is you saying my original post was right. Thank you

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
This right here is you saying my original post was right. Thank you
You are one SHIT-FOR-BRAINS!

Let me try to get through the levels of feces in your cranium one more time.

Your original post was that Nagy being the biggest addition by subtraction was everyone's excuse that they used to defend Poles. Go look it up.

Now you cannot take part of your original post and throw the rest of it away and say that you are right.

I then went on to prove Nagy being the biggest addition by subtraction cannot be a defense for Poles because Nagy was subtracted BEFORE Poles had a chance to interview for the GM position, seeing that Nagy and Pace were fired the same day, well before Poles was even interviewed.

Thus, I am right and you are wrong.

Just accept it. You were wrong this time. End of story.

Arguing further when you are dead-wrong either makes you look stupid or like someone who cannot accept that they are fallible and can occasionally make a mistake.

I know that I can make a mistake. I also know that I didn't make a mistake in this situation and you did.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You are one SHIT-FOR-BRAINS!

Let me try to get through the levels of feces in your cranium one more time.

Your original post was that Nagy being the biggest addition by subtraction was everyone's excuse that they used to defend Poles. Go look it up.

Now you cannot take part of your original post and throw the rest of it away and say that you are right.

I then went on to prove Nagy being the biggest addition by subtraction cannot be a defense for Poles because Nagy was subtracted BEFORE Poles had a chance to interview for the GM position, seeing that Nagy and Pace were fired the same day, well before Poles was even interviewed.

Thus, I am right and you are wrong.

Just accept it. You were wrong this time. End of story.

Arguing further when you are dead-wrong either makes you look stupid or like someone who cannot accept that they are fallible and can occasionally make a mistake.

I know that I can make a mistake. I also know that I didn't make a mistake in this situation and you did.
@Black Rainbow look at this meltdown over me being right

wow!