Hope for the future, but the present sucks

gocbears

Liked Posts:
Mitch looks like he has a chance to be a good QB, got some decent RBs, TEs showed some signs today, did we have actual WR sightings today? (not #1s, but it's a start...). Defense is mostly there. But, as has been said by many, we need some serious talent upgrade & depth to make a real team here.

Give the nod to Aaron, defense would have been shredded today if he was healthy - he is that consistently good.
Penalties & mental mistakes after a bye week - Coaching & talent
Let's wait until desperation time to let Mitch open it up - Coaching
Penalties - Talent deficit & coaching
Overall game plan - Coaching
Bad challenge (even to my poor eyes in real time), take what they give you - should have run a play ASAP - Coaching
Talent deficit - Pace
Packs game plan - expose Fuller? (not too difficult for a Packer receiver apparently)

My advise for what it's worth (not much really) - Pace get rid of Fox & OC, continue good drafting, get Mitch some help in off season and a coach to bring him to full potential. Go Bears!

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
Packers are still better even w/o Rodgers. Think about that for a while

giphy.gif

gocbears

Liked Posts:
I know, right? I think all of us fans are hoping for the day our team (even with injuries) would be an opponent that has to be respected, and, that we could win with our best vs. their best. Rooting for team until that "someday"...

ArrestedDevelopment

Liked Posts:
Packers are still better even w/o Rodgers. Think about that for a while

Ugh, right?! It must be nice to be as spoiled as Packers fans are. I watched this game with my Packers fan husband and it was so frustrating. We live in WI and I'm SO glad we didn't go out to a bar to watch the game. I can't deal with these kinds of losses anymore and I'm already dreading going into work due to the crappy comments I'll be getting from everyone.

To the OP, I'm also hopeful for the future. It's just annoying how far away the future I'm envisioning is seeming.

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
The defense allowed 160 yards of rushing in a game where their two RBs (Jones and Montgomery) got hurt and exited the game. That really makes me wonder.

gocbears

Liked Posts:
LOL, I love my mom, but she's a Packer fan, and it would have been nice to have a Bears win today (even with Aaron out)!

gocbears

Liked Posts:
Regarding the rush allowed - missing Trevathan, or too much respect for their receivers that burned us in the past?