Horrible Trade Ideas Go Here...

Davide

Liked Posts:
And... Cam Newton? 30 years old, a QB better than Mitch could ever became. I don't think Cam will cost more than a third round right now.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Rosen's my guy. The last time the Beloved started a young Jewish QB, they won multiple NFL Titles. Why not go that route, again?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
The thing frustrated fans have to keep in mind is that Mitch hasn't played much QB. He's had one year as a starter in college, a training wheel season with John Fox and then a drastically different system with Nagy. If you include that he didn't play the first 2 games of last season he's technically just starting game 17 with Nagy. Also, let's remember there must have been a conversation between Pace and Nagy that QB development was an important part of his hiring.

"So it's really like his 3rd rookie year." <--Hardship multiplier level 100.

Rabbit

Liked Posts:
How about just trading Mitch for any TE.

Bears rthen sign Tebow

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
"So it's really like his 3rd rookie year." <--Hardship multiplier level 100.

Kinda. He also was breast fed until he was 16 years old, so it's more like his 1.27 rookie year.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I was referring to Dalton in my post.

Mitch has clearly regressed in his third season. A lack of experience doesn’t explain Mitch’s obvious lack of natural passing ability.

People need to realize that by clinging to Mitch they’re pissing away a generation defense.

It’s all about protecting Mitch as a asset while wasting the teams most valuable asset in the defense, specially Mack’s peak years.
Dalton is the definition of mediocrity and just a bad idea.

In his 'prime' he was on one of the most talented teams in the league. They never had more than 11 wins in a season and has never won a playoff game. His best QBR was 70.0 (which was substantially above his career average).

Just to contrast a team Mitch played for last year had 12 wins and his QBR was 70.8.

If you still don't think Dalton is worse, well he's also more expensive. He has a guaranteed $16M cap hit this year and will have a salary number of $17.5M next year.

Mitch on the other hand is $7.9M and $9.2M for 2019 and 2020.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
And... Cam Newton? 30 years old, a QB better than Mitch could ever became. I don't think Cam will cost more than a third round right now.

Pace doesn’t like black qbs that’s why we have Mitch. So newton will never happen

kg1187

Liked Posts:
Dalton is the definition of mediocrity and just a bad idea.

In his 'prime' he was on one of the most talented teams in the league. They never had more than 11 wins in a season and has never won a playoff game. His best QBR was 70.0 (which was substantially above his career average).

Just to contrast a team Mitch played for last year had 12 wins and his QBR was 70.8.

If you still don't think Dalton is worse, well he's also more expensive. He has a guaranteed $16M cap hit this year and will have a salary number of $17.5M next year.

Mitch on the other hand is $7.9M and $9.2M for 2019 and 2020.

You're probably right that Dalton is too much money but no way is he worse than Mitch.

Mitch looks like he doesn't belong. He looked that way as rookie, he looked like that at the start of last season, he looks like that at the start of this season, he looked that way in the Rams game last season, he looked that way in the first half of the playoff game. Do you see a pattern here?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
he looks better in the second halves?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
You're probably right that Dalton is too much money but no way is he worse than Mitch.

Mitch looks like he doesn't belong. He looked that way as rookie, he looked like that at the start of last season, he looks like that at the start of this season, he looked that way in the Rams game last season, he looked that way in the first half of the playoff game. Do you see a pattern here?

The one thing most fans miss is their situation is not unique. Mitch is not the only QB that's looked lost this year. Wentz looked lost at times as well this year. I'd actually argue aside form 5-6 QBs in the league they all spend sometime looking lost.

QB is a tough job. So much offensive timing and defensive moving parts that it's extremely rare for someone to avoid looking lost. Many rookies of different positions say the game "slowed down" from year to year. QB is just a hard position for that slow down to happen.

Anyway, Dalton has the same 'looking lost' moments last year. He's started well, but then again he's an 8 year NFL vet who also had a full 4 year college career.

Here's another tidbit. Dalton's best season was his 3rd in the league. He was 26 years old and was never able to come close to that performance. Mitch is just entering his 3rd season and is 25 years old. Let's just let the young player develop. Like all players the team will eventually move on from him. Everything they do now should be focused on prolonging that departure (meaning they should be focused on developing him).

kg1187

Liked Posts:
The one thing most fans miss is their situation is not unique. Mitch is not the only QB that's looked lost this year. Wentz looked lost at times as well this year. I'd actually argue aside form 5-6 QBs in the league they all spend sometime looking lost.

QB is a tough job. So much offensive timing and defensive moving parts that it's extremely rare for someone to avoid looking lost. Many rookies of different positions say the game "slowed down" from year to year. QB is just a hard position for that slow down to happen.

Anyway, Dalton has the same 'looking lost' moments last year. He's started well, but then again he's an 8 year NFL vet who also had a full 4 year college career.

Here's another tidbit. Dalton's best season was his 3rd in the league. He was 26 years old and was never able to come close to that performance. Mitch is just entering his 3rd season and is 25 years old. Let's just let the young player develop. Like all players the team will eventually move on from him. Everything they do now should be focused on prolonging that departure (meaning they should be focused on developing him).

I don’t recall Wentz ever looking like he didn’t belong on the field.

Sure every QB struggles at times but with Mitch it seems like it’s all struggle with minimal if any progress.

Bears are crazy not to look for upgrades this season. Kap in all honesty would be the easiest addition as long as he promises not to kneel this season.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I don’t recall Wentz ever looking like he didn’t belong on the field.

Sure every QB struggles at times but with Mitch it seems like it’s all struggle with minimal if any progress.

Bears are crazy not to look for upgrades this season. Kap in all honesty would be the easiest addition as long as he promises not to kneel this season.

This past game against the Falcons he looked terrible in the first half. Missing reads, forcing balls and looking like he and the WRs were not on the same page. There were some injuries (D-Jax, Jeffery and Goedert), but he still has to do his part.

I could just imagine if Foles was still the backup. The fans that traveled to Atlanta would have been chanting his name. Some were actually happy when McNown came in for a few snaps while Wentz was in concussion protocol.

I should add, I love Wentz. Aside from his injury history, which is a massive point of frustration, he's great. The reason why I bring that up is almost every QB has some spots where they just aren't great. For Wentz it's injuries. For Mitch it's staying calm. For Brady it's.... catching?

tenor.gif

kg1187

Liked Posts:
This past game against the Falcons he looked terrible in the first half. Missing reads, forcing balls and looking like he and the WRs were not on the same page. There were some injuries (D-Jax, Jeffery and Goedert), but he still has to do his part.

I could just imagine if Foles was still the backup. The fans that traveled to Atlanta would have been chanting his name. Some were actually happy when McNown came in for a few snaps while Wentz was in concussion protocol.

I should add, I love Wentz. Aside from his injury history, which is a massive point of frustration, he's great. The reason why I bring that up is almost every QB has some spots where they just aren't great. For Wentz it's injuries. For Mitch it's staying calm. For Brady it's.... catching?

tenor.gif

Wentz was on pace for MVP season his second year and he played college ball at NDSU not a major program like NC. Come on man.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Wentz was on pace for MVP season his second year and he played college ball at NDSU not a major program like NC. Come on man.

You are correct. Here's the only version of Carson's NFL career you need to read:

2016 - rookies season with a fairly Chip Kelly gutted team (meaning it was the roster Kelly left for Pederson). He was never supposed to start, but a late injury to Teddy Bridgewater forced a Sam Bradford trade. Overall Wentz was okay. Showed some promise and seemed to learn as the season wore on. The most encouraging sign was that one of his college criticisms was that he was always hurt. In replacing the fragile Sam Bradford he started all 16 games.

2017 - He was lights out amazing. 33 TDs in 13 games and was probably the leagues MVP until he got hurt. It was a significant knee injury where he needed ACL reconstruction and work done on his PCL and IT band. Foles took over and after 2 'meh' games he caught fire and ended up winning the Superbowl MVP.

2018 - A lot of debate in Philly. Run with the Superbowl MVP or the QB you drafted to be the franchise guy? Anyway, Wentz wasn't ready to play until week 3. He played okay, but after that kept getting better and better until he broke his back. Not sure exactly when he did it, but it was just another injury that ended his season for the second year in a row. I am far from someone that feels QBs wins mean much, but he lead the team to a 5-6 record whereas Foles with the same team had them go 4-1. In the offseason articles started popping up about 'unnamed players' preferring to play with Foles. This was something that Wentz was later asked about and said he's working to be a better teammate. That's not an omission of truth, but it's also not a denial.

2019 - Slow start against Washington, but came back in typical Carson Wentz fashion. He was great. Week 2 against Atlanta he was really bad in the first 1/2, but came on late. I think he did all he can to win that game late, but there were also errors that lead to them being in a hole.

Anyway, there's a lot to love with Wentz. His athletic ability, grit and competitive mindset are among the league's best, but his injury history and potential d-bag nature cannot be overlooked. I'm being 100% honest when I say a healthy chunk of Philly fans (15-20%) wanted to run with Foles and trade Wentz. As you Bears fans know all too well with the Orton vs. Grossman days whenever that happens it's not like the fans on the wrong side of that discussion jump on board with the starter they didn't want. He has a healthy group of detractors in the fan base, which is similar to Mitch and probably every QB in the league.

**Slight item I'd add** NDSU does run a pro style offense and he was there for 4 seasons (injured for all but one of those seasons). I know NDSU doesn't get many excited, but from the way he made line calls and learned to process defenses his ability to translate to an NFL offense had less hurdles than most of your big college programs.

kg1187

Liked Posts:
You are correct. Here's the only version of Carson's NFL career you need to read:

2016 - rookies season with a fairly Chip Kelly gutted team (meaning it was the roster Kelly left for Pederson). He was never supposed to start, but a late injury to Teddy Bridgewater forced a Sam Bradford trade. Overall Wentz was okay. Showed some promise and seemed to learn as the season wore on. The most encouraging sign was that one of his college criticisms was that he was always hurt. In replacing the fragile Sam Bradford he started all 16 games.

2017 - He was lights out amazing. 33 TDs in 13 games and was probably the leagues MVP until he got hurt. It was a significant knee injury where he needed ACL reconstruction and work done on his PCL and IT band. Foles took over and after 2 'meh' games he caught fire and ended up winning the Superbowl MVP.

2018 - A lot of debate in Philly. Run with the Superbowl MVP or the QB you drafted to be the franchise guy? Anyway, Wentz wasn't ready to play until week 3. He played okay, but after that kept getting better and better until he broke his back. Not sure exactly when he did it, but it was just another injury that ended his season for the second year in a row. I am far from someone that feels QBs wins mean much, but he lead the team to a 5-6 record whereas Foles with the same team had them go 4-1. In the offseason articles started popping up about 'unnamed players' preferring to play with Foles. This was something that Wentz was later asked about and said he's working to be a better teammate. That's not an omission of truth, but it's also not a denial.

2019 - Slow start against Washington, but came back in typical Carson Wentz fashion. He was great. Week 2 against Atlanta he was really bad in the first 1/2, but came on late. I think he did all he can to win that game late, but there were also errors that lead to them being in a hole.

Anyway, there's a lot to love with Wentz. His athletic ability, grit and competitive mindset are among the league's best, but his injury history and potential d-bag nature cannot be overlooked. I'm being 100% honest when I say a healthy chunk of Philly fans (15-20%) wanted to run with Foles and trade Wentz. As you Bears fans know all too well with the Orton vs. Grossman days whenever that happens it's not like the fans on the wrong side of that discussion jump on board with the starter they didn't want. He has a healthy group of detractors in the fan base, which is similar to Mitch and probably every QB in the league.

**Slight item I'd add** NDSU does run a pro style offense and he was there for 4 seasons (injured for all but one of those seasons). I know NDSU doesn't get many excited, but from the way he made line calls and learned to process defenses his ability to translate to an NFL offense had less hurdles than most of your big college programs.

Other than injuries I have no issue's with Wentz. He looked OK his rookie year and then he looked like a MVP his second year. Coming off a major late season injury from the year before he struggled his third season and now he looks to be getting back on track his fourth year.

God if only Mitch had a similar career arc.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Other than injuries I have no issue's with Wentz. He looked OK his rookie year and then he looked like a MVP his second year. Coming off a major late season injury from the year before he struggled his third season and now he looks to be getting back on track his fourth year.

God if only Mitch had a similar career arc.

That's fair, but Mitch and Carson are very different prospects. Both are 2nd overall picks, but that doesn't mean they are the same. Every year the draft pools for different positions change a lot.

My 2017 draft thoughts - I didn't like moving up and drafting Mitch with the 2nd. Thought he was too much of an unknown and his whole 'Mitchell' thing showed some immaturity when in the middle of the largest job interview of your life. When looking at QB I thought the 2017 draft was 'Deshaun or bust', but also felt there wasn't much at the QB position overall. I didn't like Mahomes. Thought he was similar to Mitch, but had an insane arm attached to him.

My 2016 draft thoughts - I was split between Goff and Wentz, but genuinely thought they were the best two prospects of the draft. I was leaning towards Wentz, but I think that was because he reminded me of Cam Newton, who was the 2015 MVP (seems like an eternity ago). Loved Goff's deep ball but just thought Wentz was the more NFL ready prospect.