Horsted and Holtz better than Burton and Shaheen

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
Why do people get mad when the next man steps up? This is what football is all about. Make the most of your chance. I don't understand the logic sometimes.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
H & H is miles better than Bumton and Glassheen. Without doubt, you can see a huge difference.

kerrywoodwins20

Harvey Weinstein's Biggest Fan
Liked Posts:
In addition to this, Gabriel was obviously holding this team back.

If Gabriel and Burton and Shaheen are riding the pine all year, this team could have a win or two more right now.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Can we please get another TE with their last name starting with an H so we can Triple H these mufuckas ????

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Can we please get another TE with their last name starting with an H so we can Triple H these mufuckas ????
It's gonna be a TE with a "M".. for the HHM club, @HeHateMe . CCS would be complete.

Seriously thought, idga-flying-F which TE it is, as long as Pace hits gold on our 2nd round TE selection with our first pick.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
It’s amazing how this offense opens up when the tight ends get involved and when Mitch uses his legs.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I think we should temper our expectations guys. Not with Horsted and Holtz, but with Pace actually keeping them rostered. He'll probably trade a 2nd for Hunter Henry or another dumb TE with 2 first names.

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Both Horsted and Holtz played very well. Holtz made a couple of big plays early which forced the Cowboys to spend capitol defending the TE position. Which, of course, meant less coverage on Robinson, Miller, etc. I thought Horsted's catch in the fourth was his best of the night. He caught the ball (a rarity for the TE position), turned up field to ensure the first down and then, most importantly, stayed in bounds. Horsted has to clean up the false starts but I believe he is a keeper.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Horsted's success represents everything that I hate about the NFL and GM's. Horsted should have starting earlier in the season but didn't because of politics. He's undrafted so he doesnt see the field, and instead bums like Shaheen get reps because of the "investment" or Burton because you paid him. This guy Horsted has been practing with them an entire year, there's NO WAY they didn't know that he was the best tight end option for them. I hate sports politics with a passion, let the best dudes play. Wimms also should have been playing earlier too. We wait until we're 6-6 to put he best guys on the field.
1st year at the position. Maybe he just had to learn more about blocking and stay in the weight room a little longer to become this effective. He came out of college as a big WR that runs a 4.75. He went undrafted for a reason but is a perfect fit here for the receiving TE position. I'm sure he had a lot of teams wanting to sign him after the draft. I think Pace deserves more credit than disdain over this. Hey, Pace signed our next starter... what an idiot!

2 crappy teams waived Holtz and he wasn't even on a practice squad for most of 2017. Pace put in the claim on him after the season started and Washington waived him. What an idiot for not starting a guy who didn't know the schemes, routes or reads in Sept. He's a serviceable player.

The problem is this staff willingness to play injured players when their backups could offer more. It's an NFL mentality that I strongly disagree with. Milking an injury with poor play for sometimes entire seasons instead of sitting and getting better.

Last edited:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
1st year at the position. Maybe he just had to learn more about blocking and stay in the weight room a little longer to become this effective. He came out of college as a big WR that runs a 4.75. He went undrafted for a reason but is a perfect fit here for the receiving TE position. I'm sure he had a lot of teams wanting to sign him after the draft. I think Pace deserves more credit than disdain over this. Hey, Pace signed our next starter... what an idiot!
TE usually takes 2-3 years to master at the NFL level. Even top rookies often struggle early on. So to get this much out of 2 new guys in their first year...thats impressive.

And to think they should have, or even could have, had success earlier...foolish.