Horsted and Holtz better than Burton and Shaheen

Southside

Liked Posts:
Horsted's success represents everything that I hate about the NFL and GM's. Horsted should have starting earlier in the season but didn't because of politics. He's undrafted so he doesnt see the field, and instead bums like Shaheen get reps because of the "investment" or Burton because you paid him. This guy Horsted has been practing with them an entire year, there's NO WAY they didn't know that he was the best tight end option for them. I hate sports politics with a passion, let the best dudes play. Wimms also should have been playing earlier too. We wait until we're 6-6 to put he best guys on the field.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Horsted's success represents everything that I hate about the NFL and GM's. Horsted should have starting earlier in the season but didn't because of politics. He's undrafted so he doesnt see the field, and instead bums like Shaheen get reps because of the "investment" or Burton because you paid him. This guy Horsted has been practing with them an entire year, there's NO WAY they didn't know that he was the best tight end option for them. I hate sports politics with a passion, let the best dudes play. Wimms also should have been playing earlier too. We wait until we're 6-6 to put he best guys on the field.

Technically its sports economics not sports politics

Higher paid guys get more time and longer leashes....in almost every sport.

But yeah; the coaches should be able to see this.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
shaheen is garbage! Another bears fan i know in jersey thinks we should try him at defensive end! Umm what? As for Burton i still think he got anxiety before the playoff game! Cut them both!

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Technically its sports economics not sports politics

Higher paid guys get more time and longer leashes....in almost every sport.

But yeah; the coaches should be able to see this.
The coaches do see it, they just get overruled...

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I love Hillbilly Horsted, but he wasn't coming in and playing TE early in the season at 218lbs. He was skinnier than Leonard Floyd in preseason... He's still light for a TE, but dude has the 2nd stickiest hands on the team and runs hard.

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
I also thought it wasn’t too difficult to get decent TE play out of late round picks.
Seems the high round ones are more of a problem with this team. Not to mention the bum they handed a stack of cash to

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Agree with this but at least it looks like the Bears may have found themselves some TEs. Don’t really want to throw any money at that position in the off season. Horsted looks like he can play and looked that way in pre season.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
shaheen is garbage! Another bears fan i know in jersey thinks we should try him at defensive end! Umm what? As for Burton i still think he got anxiety before the playoff game! Cut them both!

Why do people from Jersey always find a way to emphasize that they're from Jersey?

PFTCB

Liked Posts:
I'll just say it. With the Nagy offensive scheme, these two playing like they have are the key to this whole fucking thing. I know there are other problems and have been, but having these two open things up has been so noticeable. Other things too, of course, but give credit where it's due.

Madden

Liked Posts:
Yeah they really give us a threat in the middle of the field now. Burton and Shaheen fucking sucked at catching and blocking. One instance where injuries actually improved the team. Wish Nagy benched both of those bums early in the season, especially since Horsted was balling out in the preseason and was obviously better than them both.