Hossa To Officially Retire As A Blackhawk

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Lol, yah. Way to not address literally any of the points in my previous post.

The question isn't whether or not Chelios is an all-time great. The question is, whether or not the Blackhawks specifically should retire his number and/or whether or not he could be retired based on his own merit as a Blackhawk -- not on the merit of his career overall. Two Norris trophies is impressive. Is it enough without the Cups and barely cracking the top 10 in franchise categories? I'd say no. Chelios is an all-time great defenseman, but his biggest accolades were earned with other organizations (Montreal: 1 Norris, 1 Cup; Detroit: 2 Cups). Seabrook's contributions did more for this organization than Chelios' individual accomplishments; he shouldn't have to share the number with that shit-stain, who wouldn't even be in the conversation as being retired by the Blackhawks without the former.
Ok now I’m starting to question if you know hockey.

If you don’t think Chelios nine years here were impactful or that he was a huge reason why they won as much as they did then you are completely lost in this forum. Again, it wasn’t his fault they didn’t win Cups and if I recall the year they made the finals he was a man among children. He was a defenseman during an era where they actually played defense subjected to playing under two pig headed coaches in Keenan and Sutter while having his checks made by the worst owner in sports history who went on record saying “Stanley Cups cost too much money” and STILL flourished in that environment.

Ray Bourque never won a Cup with the Bruins yet is considered the second best defenseman ever to wear the B. Cam Neely was a beast in his prime and is nowhere near the top of lifetime stats on Boston yet his number hangs in the rafters.

Seriously, when did you start watching hockey? 2010?

KBIB

Liked Posts:
This didn't do it for you? It was pretty much a big "Fuck You" to the entire organization and city, one of his many by the way.

This didn't do it for you? It was pretty much a big "Fuck You" to the entire organization and city, one of his many by the way.

The guy was playing in like 15 minutes.

Good lord

Granada

Liked Posts:
Ok now I’m starting to question if you know hockey.

If you don’t think Chelios nine years here were impactful or that he was a huge reason why they won as much as they did then you are completely lost in this forum. Again, it wasn’t his fault they didn’t win Cups and if I recall the year they made the finals he was a man among children. He was a defenseman during an era where they actually played defense subjected to playing under two pig headed coaches in Keenan and Sutter while having his checks made by the worst owner in sports history who went on record saying “Stanley Cups cost too much money” and STILL flourished in that environment.

Ray Bourque never won a Cup with the Bruins yet is considered the second best defenseman ever to wear the B. Cam Neely was a beast in his prime and is nowhere near the top of lifetime stats on Boston yet his number hangs in the rafters.

Seriously, when did you start watching hockey? 2010?
Obviously, you still can't differentiate between arguments. It's pretty funny.

No one is saying Chelios wasn't a great player or that he wasn't impactful here. Nice try though. Again, it's a question of whether or not his number should be retired with this particular organization.

Again, Ray Bourque is Top 10 in almost every franchise category for Boston, so that's a very shitty example. And um, "Neely is nowhere near the top of lifetime stats on Boston"??? Uh, yeah, he kinda is. He's top 10 in like 15 categories. Are you being fucking serious? I love when people have the gall to accuse someone of being a bandwagoner when they have arguments like this, lol.

Granada

Liked Posts:
The guy was playing in like 15 minutes.

Good lord
Oh right, because it would have been soooo hard for the two seconds it would taken for him to switch jerseys. I guess that's just a skill only current players have, considering they practically do it every fucking game now (i.e. Pride night, etc.).

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Obviously, you still can't differentiate between arguments. It's pretty funny.

No one is saying Chelios wasn't a great player or that he wasn't impactful here. Nice try though. Again, it's a question of whether or not his number should be retired with this particular organization.

Again, Ray Bourque is Top 10 in almost every franchise category for Boston, so that's a very shitty example. And um, "Neely is nowhere near the top of lifetime stats on Boston"??? Uh, yeah, he kinda is. He's top 10 in like 15 categories. Are you being fucking serious? I love when people have the gall to accuse someone of being a bandwagoner when they have arguments like this, lol.
So what your saying is…

Stats matter over impact? First it was Cups, now the needle moves to stats but never the impact the player had of which, Chelios being arguably the second best defenseman in the game at the time had a huge impact on those Hawks teams.

Congrats, you don’t know a thing about hockey.

Rod Langway had his number retired. By your logic, he doesn’t deserve it.

Cringe

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Oh right, because it would have been soooo hard for the two seconds it would taken for him to switch jerseys. I guess that's just a skill only current players have, considering they practically do it every fucking game now (i.e. Pride night, etc.).
Are you serious?

Good lord

Granada

Liked Posts:
So what your saying is…

Stats matter over impact? First it was Cups, now the needle moves to stats but never the impact the player had of which, Chelios being arguably the second best defenseman in the game at the time had a huge impact on those Hawks teams.

Congrats, you don’t know a thing about hockey.

Rod Langway had his number retired. By your logic, he doesn’t deserve it.

Cringe

I've been consistent this whole time. Chelios has neither the franchise accolades nor the Cups. Period.

Now you resort to using an organization that didn't win its first Stanley Cup until 2018. Of course, retired numbers will vary from organization to organization, depending on when they entered the league, how long their history is, etc.. And here I thought your Boston examples were utter shit, lol.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I've been consistent this whole time. Chelios has neither the franchise accolades nor the Cups. Period.

Now you resort to using an organization that didn't win its first Stanley Cup until 2018. Of course, retired numbers will vary from organization to organization, depending on when they entered the league, how long their history is, etc.. And here I thought your Boston examples were utter shit, lol.
You’ve been consistent all right….

Let’s just leave out Chelios was a defenseman, and that he’s top ten on a lot of team records for a defenseman while only playing 600 something games. Hell, he has more points then Pilote in 200 less games.

And he was elite defensively on top of it.

If you going to use stats, look at all of them and not cherry pick.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I wouldn't have a response to that either if I were you.
Yeah, because he had no reason to change his uniform right before he was going to play.

That picture has been floating around forever and Chelios haters have no answer when you tell them “he was about to play in 15 minutes”.

If the Hawks air lifted him in for the occasion and he refused to wear the sweater it’s one thing. That wasn’t the case here.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Yeah, because he had no reason to change his uniform right before he was going to play.

That picture has been floating around forever and Chelios haters have no answer when you tell them “he was about to play in 15 minutes”.

If the Hawks air lifted him in for the occasion and he refused to wear the sweater it’s one thing. That wasn’t the case here.
See, this is complete bull shit. I'd say "and you know it," but I'm beginning to wonder if you would.

Any Hawks fan that isn't a bandwagoner knows Chelios was, on and off the ice, a complete dick. That was his thing -- it helped him to be a better player. He also had a dickish sense of humor, and that's putting it mildly. If you honestly want to sit here and pretend that he wasn't deliberately trying to be a dick by refusing to put the Hawks sweater on in that photo, you're either kidding yourself or you know nothing about Chelios' personality at that time (because you probably weren't following the team until 2010).

And it's you who doesn't have an answer. It's not hard to switch jerseys for two seconds, sorry.

Granada

Liked Posts:
You’ve been consistent all right….

Let’s just leave out Chelios was a defenseman, and that he’s top ten on a lot of team records for a defenseman while only playing 600 something games. Hell, he has more points then Pilote in 200 less games.

And he was elite defensively on top of it.

If you going to use stats, look at all of them and not cherry pick.

Considering this is an argument about the Blackhawks (specifically) retiring his number, his franchise numbers are beyond relevant, which is what I've focused on this whole time. This isn't about "a lot of teams." Quit conflating the issue.

Again, does Chelios deserve to be retired based on his own accomplishments in this organization without piggy-backing on Seabrook? No. The only way he will be retired, is if it's a co-retirement with Seabs.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
See, this is complete bull shit. I'd say "and you know it," but I'm beginning to wonder if you would.

Any Hawks fan that isn't a bandwagoner knows Chelios was, on and off the ice, a complete dick. That was his thing -- it helped him to be a better player. He also had a dickish sense of humor, and that's putting it mildly. If you honestly want to sit here and pretend that he wasn't deliberately trying to be a dick by refusing to put the Hawks sweater on in that photo, you're either kidding yourself or you know nothing about Chelios' personality at that time (because you probably weren't following the team until 2010).

And it's you who doesn't have an answer. It's not hard to switch jerseys for two seconds, sorry.
Ok just so I’m keeping track….

Chelios first didn’t have Cups, then he wasn’t on team records lists, now he’s a jerk.

There’s hockey games from that era on YouTube. Watch them.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Considering this is an argument about the Blackhawks (specifically) retiring his number, his franchise numbers are beyond relevant, which is what I've focused on this whole time. This isn't about "a lot of teams." Quit conflating the issue.

Again, does Chelios deserve to be retired based on his own accomplishments in this organization without piggy-backing on Seabrook? No. The only way he will be retired, is if it's a co-retirement with Seabs.
So Chelios doesn’t have high rankings on the Hawks records for a defenseman now?

And where did I ever say the 7 doesn’t get retired without Seabrook?

Seriously, quit while your behind.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Ok just so I’m keeping track….

Chelios first didn’t have Cups, then he wasn’t on team records lists, now he’s a jerk.

There’s hockey games from that era on YouTube. Watch them.
Nice non-response. Obviously, this argument's over, lol.

Granada

Liked Posts:
A) So Chelios doesn’t have high rankings on the Hawks records for a defenseman now?

B) And where did I ever say the 7 doesn’t get retired without Seabrook?

C) Seriously, quit while your behind.
A) Never said that at all. Lol.

B) I said that, because it proves my point. Lol.

C) Hey, that's my line. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Anyways, Marian Hossa.....