Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think that’s a great thing. He finally got his ring with the Hawks and he was a fan favorite, at least he was one of my favorites.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
He will go down as one of the best acquisitions in Chicago sports history. Thank the red wings for choosing poorly

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hossa was the old-man work ethic that held up those ship teams.

Team got lazy and complacent once he left.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hossa was the old-man work ethic that held up those ship teams.

Team got lazy and complacent once he left.
Lazy and complacent going to the '09' WCF without Hossa too? Big Hoss got out while the gettin' was good,he never had to deal with a spending spree followed by a rebuild followed by a spending spree followed by a rebuild and he never had to carry bums.
They got BAD after Hossa left along with Sharp and Hammer,Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews were and are every bit as committed as Hossa was,so were Keith and Seabs.....they just got old and worn out from winning cups.

Big Hoss was great and he was the final piece........he also finally got it right when he signed here.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Lazy and complacent going to the '09' WCF without Hossa too? Big Hoss got out while the gettin' was good,he never had to deal with a spending spree followed by a rebuild followed by a spending spree followed by a rebuild and he never had to carry bums.
They got BAD after Hossa left along with Sharp and Hammer,Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews were and are every bit as committed as Hossa was,so were Keith and Seabs.....they just got old and worn out from winning cups.

Big Hoss was great and he was the final piece........he also finally got it right when he signed here.
Yup, exactly right Bob.

This isn't directed at you, but I have to laugh at all the people who were so mad the Hawks got rid of Havlat for Hossa. Could you imagine if the Hawks re-signed Havlat instead? What a nightmare that would have been. I still remember Hoss' first game with the Hawks. He didn't play until late November, which only added to the fans' excitement and/or anxiety (for the Havlat lovers). Then he comes in his first game and just looks like a fucking beast against San Jose; and in every game after that, essentially. That was the last time anyone ever mentioned Havlat again, lol.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
Yup, exactly right Bob.

This isn't directed at you, but I have to laugh at all the people who were so mad the Hawks got rid of Havlat for Hossa. Could you imagine if the Hawks re-signed Havlat instead? What a nightmare that would have been. I still remember Hoss' first game with the Hawks. He didn't play until late November, which only added to the fans' excitement and/or anxiety (for the Havlat lovers). Then he comes in his first game and just looks like a fucking beast against San Jose; and in every game after that, essentially. That was the last time anyone ever mentioned Havlat again, lol.

Havlat was my favorite player for the few years he was here even though he was rarely healthy. I was so excited when they got Hossa over him, and i believe there was still an offer for Havlat, but he wanted a long term deal.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Havlat was my favorite player for the few years he was here even though he was rarely healthy. I was so excited when they got Hossa over him, and i believe there was still an offer for Havlat, but he wanted a long term deal.
Yeah I was immediately pumped for Hossa also. There were some that were not though. This will sound cold, but once Havlat got Kronwalled, I was fine with letting him go. Plus Hossa was a two-way player.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Yeah I was immediately pumped for Hossa also. There were some that were not though. This will sound cold, but once Havlat got Kronwalled, I was fine with letting him go. Plus Hossa was a two-way player.
Locally here in Detroit the fan base was ripping the org for not keeping hossa. It got even worse when Franzen pretty much crippled the team after his extension and becoming the Anthony Davis of the nhl.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Locally here in Detroit the fan base was ripping the org for not keeping hossa. It got even worse when Franzen pretty much crippled the team after his extension and becoming the Anthony Davis of the nhl.
Wow, Franzen -- I almost forgot how much I hated that guy until you brought him up, lol.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I love when people decide to challenge my opinion and then just kinda think out loud the rest of the post.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In the most fitting tribute, Dach and Reichel have been moved to Toews wings where they belonged all season for the retirement game.

This is the most excited I’ve been for our lines since Big Johnson went down.

With the Cat-Strome-Kane default line, (and by default I mean a known commodity so this franchise should never have floundered in a search for better so damn long with a known default use for Strome).

Dach-Toews-Kubalik
Reichel-Big J-Borgstrom