How about Marvin Lewis for HC

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
No. but I would fire him if he was my HC, the lack of playoff success(0-6) is unacceptable.

Sure, just making the play off would be an improvement in Chicago, but that shoudlnt be the extent of our aspirations.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I don't know if he is completely right between the ears.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. but I would fire him if he was my HC, the lack of playoff success(0-6) is unacceptable.

Sure, just making the play off would be an improvement in Chicago, but that shoudlnt be the extent of our aspirations.

Just get into the playoffs and anything can happen. Bears have only been in 3 of the last 11 years.

In Cincinnati Lewis has had limited resources to work with from ownership. He's a very good, experienced coach who can assemble an excellent coaching staff.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Just get into the playoffs and anything can happen. Bears have only been in 3 of the last 11 years.

In Cincinnati Lewis has had limited resources to work with from ownership. He's a very good, experienced coach who can assemble an excellent coaching staff.
Sorry, but what resources are limited? Yeah they struck gold with burfict, but they invest heavily on the lines and aggressively in the draft. Look at that team....green, sanu, hill, Gresham and the scatback are all good, the online is good, the dline is one of the better ones...1st rounders in the secondary...

---> Sent from above.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Yeah, that team is plenty talented. He just chokes in the postseason.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry, but what resources are limited? Yeah they struck gold with burfict, but they invest heavily on the lines and aggressively in the draft. Look at that team....green, sanu, hill, Gresham and the scatback are all good, the online is good, the dline is one of the better ones...1st rounders in the secondary...

---> Sent from above.

By resources I was referring to player salary from ownership. That has recently changed now with a salary floor in place but they have let a lot of good ones walk from the building since Marvin's reign.

Also he has been able to stay competitive while being in the same division as the Steelers and Ravens, which is no easy task this last decade.

Add to that he lost both highly regarded coordinators this year and everyone had the Bengals dead to rights and they still managed 10 wins and the playoffs. Did anyone see what their defense did to Peyton Manning week 16?

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do like Lewis, but his postseason record is more than a coincidence at this point, it's a problem.

And I agree with the other poster who said "he doesn't seem quite right in the head" or something like that. Something about him seems a little off.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I couldnt care less about the second part, just the pattern of failure in the post season. Though perhaps the two are related somehow?

cd35

Liked Posts:
Absolutely terrible coach. Look at the talent he had over the years and could not win with. Can't control a locker room, can;t coach.

Any decent franchise would have fired him years ago.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

....... --- does Lewis have a $$$ game Qb in Dalton?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

Only 7x in the last 25yrs