How can you be mad at the picks

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lol, all season long CCS complained about the Bears TE situation and how it's the most important position in Nagy's offense.

Pace signs a Vet TE and drafts the best TE in the draft to address it, which seems reasonable.

CCS: Outraged

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I reserve judgement these days. My last draft where I anal ized picks to death was the year they drafted Major Wright. I called the pick, wanted the pick and he just never materialized.

Kmet could be good. I like how he is already a Bears fan. That makes him likeable I guess... UNtil he fucks up right?

and the Johnson pick I know nothing about. First round talent that got hurt? Sounds like the Kevin White of Defense as of now. But again, I stopped acting like an armchair GM years ago.

There's plenty of other gurus here that really know their stuff like @msadows

I can say for the fans that keep pining for OL------ OL can be had late in the draft with no problems-----A starting C can usually be found in the 3rd round and back. If they have a brain and are big, they can be coached.

BEARS

Fudrucker212

Liked Posts:
I reserve judgement these days. My last draft where I anal ized picks to death was the year they drafted Major Wright. I called the pick, wanted the pick and he just never materialized.

Kmet could be good. I like how he is already a Bears fan. That makes him likeable I guess... UNtil he fucks up right?

and the Johnson pick I know nothing about. First round talent that got hurt? Sounds like the Kevin White of Defense as of now. But again, I stopped acting like an armchair GM years ago.

There's plenty of other gurus here that really know their stuff like @msadows

I can say for the fans that keep pining for OL------ OL can be had late in the draft with no problems-----A starting C can usually be found in the 3rd round and back. If they have a brain and are big, they can be coached.

BEARS
Johnson and White are nothing alike.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I have liked Johnson for a while, had him mocked to the Bears during the college season. He's a great fit for what Pagano does and I thin he'll be able to contribute a lot this year in press coverage. He needs to clean up his off ball play and I don't think he'll be ready there, but when they want someone up in the face of the receiver, he'll be able to do that right away.

Kmet I thought there were better options on the board, but I can't fault Pace for drafting their top guy at a position that is obviously important to Nagy. I think it will take him a little longer to acclimate. At first he's going to play as a match up bully imo, and then hopefully evolve into an inline receiving threat. I see him as something like Kyle Rudolph, hopefully, by year two or three.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Lol, all season long CCS complained about the Bears TE situation and how it's the most important position in Nagy's offense.

Pace signs a Vet TE and drafts the best TE in the draft to address it, which seems reasonable.

CCS: Outraged

I don't know about TE being the most important part of Nagy's offense. But with Kmet and Graham we should see some solid numbers at TE, right? A lot of - @msadows - two TE sets.

How do I already know this is a farce and we'll continue running Cohen screens outta bounds? LOL.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People are mad we didnt pick Josh Jones at 43 or 50 when he was on the board til 72.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Because everyone on here is bipolar and schizophrenic.
“I want my guy, but lets see who they take.....” to “I HATE THESE MOTHERFUCKERS WHY DID THEY PICK THIS DOUCHEBAG THEY SHOULD HAVE TAKEN MY GUY” with the appropriate amount of spittle flying all over their keyboard.....

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Two nice picks..why are people upset?

Because different people have different perspectives. I am not upset but rather lukewarm.

Kmet - As some scouts have noted he isn't really exceptional at anything. He is a good receiver but not on the level of the top receiving TEs in NFL and he has the size to be a good blocker but currently isn't. He is more of a high floor low ceiling kind of guy and if he becomes say Kyle Rudolph that is not overly exciting relative to others that were available who have higher peeceived ceilings. So some people have different risk profiles and would have prefered gambling on upside.

Johnson - Good prospect whose injury history is concerning. More importantly though I think some preferred going OL here as even if Johnson is good, it wont matter much if our OL still sucks balls.

In short, there are plenty of reasons to like the picks. And plenty of reasons not to. To each his own. People need to stop being at the extremes and think everyone else has to like what they like or hate what they hate.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's just not a creative draft by Pace. It certainly isn't flashy, it's just solid. That's all. Most wanted a trade down as well.