How could the Bears have been so wrong about Matt Nagy? Let’s reminisce. (R. Morrissey)

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
The Bears ownership runs the team as a business unlike some other owners that run it as a hobby, because they have other business interests to live off.. (Kraft etc)

The Bears ownership makes a living for themselves and many of their family members off the team.

Lets look at it this way . What is the financial benefit to winning a Superbowl? Can someone tell us?

Also, any financial gain the Bears have from winning a Superbowl will most likely be eaten up by the players who won the game demanding more money the next year.

Maybe the Bears have decided that they are in a pretty good place financially now, and the status quo isn't so bad because their pockets are full?

How much extra money do you think a franchise makes from a SB win? How much worldwide annual revenue do you think the Patriots have because of their SB success? Every team spends within 10% of the salary cap annually so players wanting more money is irrelevant. See again New England. If the Bears ownership is not striving to win championships then they should sell the team. Period.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I don’t get where the “great speaker” idea comes from. His word salad is anything but great speaking. It’s just rambling nonsense…

Anyone that starts with "Yeah no..." as much as Nagy does is someone with very disorganized thoughts.
Unless one or the other is being used as sarcasm quickly corrected that is not something anyone should say. That's not how he uses it and he uses it a lot.
Those two words together would've caused him to be a hard pass in any interview with me.

RumourBoy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
I'm not the biggest Matt Nagy fan or apologist but for having a career 32-29 record he sure takes a ton of flak. I don't think he's ever had the personnel to be successful and run the gadgetry and plays he would like to run. That being said, bring in coach x, maybe he can do it with this personnel.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I'm not the biggest Matt Nagy fan or apologist but for having a career 32-29 record he sure takes a ton of flak. I don't think he's ever had the personnel to be successful and run the gadgetry and plays he would like to run. That being said, bring in coach x, maybe he can do it with this personnel.

I rather doubt the personnel exists for Nagy to be successful with his gadgetry and plays. Gadget plays should not be the basis for an offense anyway.

Krogoth

Liked Posts:
The article is laughably off base.

We all know Nagy is in over his head and cannot handle the job at this point, and we are looking through that lens.

In reality, the bears made what seemed at the time a super wise choice.

The bears, having mitch trubisky, picked up the quarterback coach that took Alex Smith... a bust... and turned him in to a great starter.
(In reality Smith was the same game manager making wise choices before getting hurt and losing his job to kap in San fran that he wound up being in kc.. he had turned the corner already.)

From that perspective, Nagy could sell that he took a bust of a qb, and in the first season as the qb coach the chiefs being led by a "bust" went from 32nd in points scored the year prior to 6th in points scored.

Nagys resume was absolutely perfect for Chicago's needs.
He was qb coach for a bust qb that all of a sudden was a pro bowl player 3 out of 5 years.

Then, there was mahomes. Enough said there.

At the time, there really wasn't any other candidate that appeared to have the stellar results Nagy had.

The problem is, we all know he was just in the right place at the right time.

I am all for getting rid of Nagy, I agree his success wasn't his, but at the time his football resume was absolutely perfect. By all measures in every aspect of his career, the results said he was flawless.

His personality was icing on the cake.