How crappy is this move?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I will keep this as short as possible.
I am interested to hear what others would do in this situation.

I have 3 siblings from my mother that I grew up with.. I am the youngest, and only one from my father who passed many many years ago.

I have a brother that is a drama queen, and goes on jags of getting his panties in a bunch and not talking to others for years. Him and I jave not talked outside of work for 9 years. (I got him a job with my company and occasionally have to deal with him.)

Now- I jave always known my dad had 3 kids with another wife, but never had contact with anyone on his side of the family.

Recently, I heard from a friend that someone was searching for me on a neighborhood Facebook group.
I looked in to who was looking and contacted them.
Turns out to be my half sister. She had been looking since 89.
She is over the moon at having found me.

To the point. She had gotten ahold of and spoken to my drama queen brother about 6 years back, they had many conversations. He undoubtedly accepted her as legit.

The prick refused to give her any help locating me, despite knowing my personal and business contact info.

This poor lady spent 6 more years hunting for me.

Doesn't matter why his cunt is sandy with me- i honestly have no idea, just his drama.
Point is, if some woman puts 31 years in to seeking out family, and you could end the hunt, wouldn't you?

So let's say that happened to you. Would you tear my brother a new one or just let it go and ignore it?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I will keep this as short as possible.
I am interested to hear what others would do in this situation.

I have 3 siblings from my mother that I grew up with.. I am the youngest, and only one from my father who passed many many years ago.

I have a brother that is a drama queen, and goes on jags of getting his panties in a bunch and not talking to others for years. Him and I jave not talked outside of work for 9 years. (I got him a job with my company and occasionally have to deal with him.)

Now- I jave always known my dad had 3 kids with another wife, but never had contact with anyone on his side of the family.

Recently, I heard from a friend that someone was searching for me on a neighborhood Facebook group.
I looked in to who was looking and contacted them.
Turns out to be my half sister. She had been looking since 89.
She is over the moon at having found me.

To the point. She had gotten ahold of and spoken to my drama queen brother about 6 years back, they had many conversations. He undoubtedly accepted her as legit.

The prick refused to give her any help locating me, despite knowing my personal and business contact info.

This poor lady spent 6 more years hunting for me.

Doesn't matter why his cunt is sandy with me- i honestly have no idea, just his drama.
Point is, if some woman puts 31 years in to seeking out family, and you could end the hunt, wouldn't you?

So let's say that happened to you. Would you tear my brother a new one or just let it go and ignore it?
Slap him a lil bit srs. I'm dealing with this shit from inlaws rn. Somehow. It's not even my bag but we gotta srs help a lot of fam who are in this covif lyfe above and beyond normal fam drama. Thus is beyond us all a bunch.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd probably tear him a new one. You got him a job and he can't put you in touch with family? That's pretty fucking low.

That's my thought as well. That's horseshit not telling you.
Did your half sis directly ask him about you and he wouldn't give info, or it just never came up?

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That's my thought as well. That's horseshit not telling you.
Did your half sis directly ask him about you and he wouldn't give info, or it just never came up?
She did.
She told me he said "I don't talk to him- i can answer all the questions you have about your dad".

He also has older half siblings from his father, which he has always been in touch with. You would think he would have been sympathetic to her.

I appreciate the input guys.
I thought I might be out of line being so pissed, but it sounds as though that would be everyone else's reaction as well.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Funny ass side note- snapchat had that filter that turns guys to ladies and ladies to guys.
I tried it when it came out and saved the pic- and it turned out to be a great representation of what my sister would look like.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Slap him a lil bit srs. I'm dealing with this shit from inlaws rn. Somehow. It's not even my bag but we gotta srs help a lot of fam who are in this covif lyfe above and beyond normal fam drama. Thus is beyond us all a bunch.

Family is a bitch.
I used to think mine was the really abnormal family, but as I get older I realize it is the perfectly functional families that are the oddballs.

Some of the stories I have heard over the years make my little hiccup seem calm- hence why I wanted input...lmao

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd probably tear him a new one. You got him a job and he can't put you in touch with family? That's pretty fucking low.

It is funny as shit dealing with him at work.
We work in different departments, technical repair and setup-his department is on one end of the fiber, mine the other.
When something breaks on their side, I have to call them and coordinate a fix.
When I have to call his area and deal with him, his voice wavers and he hyperventilates the entire time.

Who knows...maybe it is this situation that has him so worked up when we talk.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I'd be pretty pissed I suppose. I do understand from your bros perspective not wanting to just give out your info incase you didn't want to talk to her or whatever. But he could have at least mentioned it to you even if you don't talk - send a fucking email or something. Like hey bro, was contacted by a family member who wants to reach out - here is her contact info if you're interested type of thing.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would get his ass fired somehow and refuse to talk to him about it. Brothers. I have 3. One dead. One can't stay out of prison. One that is still trying to be a rodeo star at 49. Glad I had 3 girls.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Totally right to be pissed...those lost years cannot be regained, and they are only lost because he was a dickhead... literally could have just given her your phone number; the effort was that minimal and he wouldn't do it. I'd call him out on it, for sure.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Your brother is a piece of shit. Make sure he knows this.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
@airtime143

iu

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
As a man you cannot let that stand. Everyone needs to get punched in the mouth every now and then.