How did this series affect your life?

collisrost

Liked Posts:
I seriously had trouble sleeping this past week. I live in China so I woke up at 8:00 a.m. to watch the games on the net. (Hats off to the guys who posted links!) I founf that I had trouble sleeping before these games, I'd go to bed thinking about the game and agonizing about whether Allen and Pierce would break out of their slumps...

I also found myself checking this website dozens of times a day just to see if there were any new posts or over/under questions.

I downloaded the wins and wathced them again at least twice each. My God, what an amazingly tight series it was. It's insane how much clutch play there was on both sides!

I was devastated immediately after game 7 but after a few hours I'm highly optimistic about our future. I think we've finally got the mix of players right and we've got a budding superstar for the future. Next year I expect to win our first round series easily, since we'll have homecourt.

This series seriously screwed up my love life because I wanted to check the net so often and I wanted to go to sleep early so I didn't have my girlfriend over in the evening before a game. I think she's a bit jealous of the place the Bulls have in my life, she's probably delighted that they lost so I'll pay full attention to her again.

It was so worth it though... So how did this series affect you? Were you a nervous wreck like me?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm probably going to have to deal with a lot of Ben Gordon bashing at school. As some of you may know I am a Kirk fan, but I know Ben's value to this team. It kills me that either one or the other (or maybe even both if something screws up) might be gone next year. The series itself though made me very...excited. Excited for the future because of the possibility that everyone comes back and then the Bulls are a much improved team. 45+ win team for sure IMO.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I just sat back and enjoyed it.

I had tremendous anticipation before each game and felt great after each game ended. Even the losses I was able to appreciate (outside of game 3) for the games themselves. It was an outstandingly fun series to watch.

It had it's share of great moments as well as horrible ones both for what happened with the Bulls and for the level of basketball play, but it was always dramatic and always exciting.

It hasn't changed at all what I think about the Bulls future really. I'm glad Derrick Rose got all the experience in the playoffs, and the 7 OT periods really ramped up his level of experience by an incredible amount because it basically gave us more intense playoff minutes than 2 series combined.

Hats off to the Celtics for winning, great series for us though.

engies

Liked Posts:
collisrost wrote:
I seriously had trouble sleeping this past week. I live in China so I woke up at 8:00 a.m. to watch the games on the net. (Hats off to the guys who posted links!) I founf that I had trouble sleeping before these games, I'd go to bed thinking about the game and agonizing about whether Allen and Pierce would break out of their slumps...

I also found myself checking this website dozens of times a day just to see if there were any new posts or over/under questions.

I downloaded the wins and wathced them again at least twice each. My God, what an amazingly tight series it was. It's insane how much clutch play there was on both sides!

I was devastated immediately after game 7 but after a few hours I'm highly optimistic about our future. I think we've finally got the mix of players right and we've got a budding superstar for the future. Next year I expect to win our first round series easily, since we'll have homecourt.

This series seriously screwed up my love life because I wanted to check the net so often and I wanted to go to sleep early so I didn't have my girlfriend over in the evening before a game. I think she's a bit jealous of the place the Bulls have in my life, she's probably delighted that they lost so I'll pay full attention to her again.

It was so worth it though... So how did this series affect you? Were you a nervous wreck like me?

It definately had some trouble sleeping some nights, some of it i attribute to this series but not entirely as I have sleeping issues usually in general. I've been reading alot on the net though & have alot of shows I need to catch up on....& my usual love of 2k9 has been neglected

I did tear up a little when we lost today I did expect it though and I'm now already anticipating the offseason & the moves we make. Most importantly, Ben Gordon being resigned is my main worry, & it i dont think it will end any time soon. Might have to wait until August.....knowing Ben could even be October!!!

Syxx

Liked Posts:
For me, the Bulls being eliminated from the playoffs will allow me to focus on the rest of this college quarter. I would have my Microsoft Word window open with my essay and next to it would be my window of ESPN real time updates or a live stream.

As for my interest in the rest of the playoffs, I have a feeling that I'm not going to follow it as much the rest of the way. Last postseason, I got to enjoy every series and game, because I didn't get deflated from a Bulls' elimination. I guess I'll watch the Magic/Celtics series just so I can wish losses on Boston for beating us, though.

A couple hours after last night's game ended and an elongated ranting period at various postgame threads, I switched to offseason mode. I'd looking forward to draft scouting reports, trade speculations, and contract negotiations. I consider myself a die-hard Bulls fan as I caught basically every game on TV, on the radio, or in person this season (and I try every season), and when their season ends, I still hit up Hoopshype for rumors, tune in to the various Bulls podcasts, and frequent blogabull.com and the realgm boards for various tidbits I may have missed.

I really liked having this series go to game seven because it brought the Bulls to the front page. People that didn't show much interest genuinely became interested. Sports talk radio was discussing the Bulls as the main story (amidst Blackhawks' playoff hockey, Jay Cutler, NFL draft, and a fledgling MLB season). I could talk to my friends, co-workers, and classmates about basketball because they know I follow the Association closely.

Aside from the ultimate loss, I really enjoyed this series. I think it put interesting wrinkles into the futures of Hinrich, Gordon, and Tyrus. Hinrich played decently and showed some toughness, Gordon has his hot and cold streaks at the best and worst times, and Tyrus sat on the bench a lot, but came up with his highlight dunks and blocks to make the casual fan still like him (while many Bulls fans cringed as he got out of position or shot his jumper).

I was really nervous each game. Game six really took it out of me. I've played full court basketball for 4-5 hours some days and I felt as exhausted as I did after those sessions as I did after watching game 6.

Now I must get back to studying for midterms...

Riker

Liked Posts:
I came home from the club at 4:30 AM.

I didn't want to check the result via mobile while I was out.

I came home exactly for last 2 minutes.

And my eyes watered. I went right to sleep, I didn't even want to go on forum to say something.

I'm still depressed. We had a big chance. We blew it. Am I being greedy, did we overachieve?

I don't know.

And I'm still depressed.

RPK

Liked Posts:
Considering I've been obsessively reading forum posts and checking various sports sites over and over, I'd say this team/series/sport has monopolized (happily) much of my time during the past couple of months

This series (and the this site) helped me increase my screen-minimizing skills with Ninja-like quickness and precision so my boss doesn't notice that I'm not coding or doing anything constructive at all.

I guess that's one positive, each game won't have the emotional attachment, and you can watch with no stress.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
I love watching the series and was only pissed for couple minutes when we loss. The only I agonized about was that we just played horrible in game 3 and what could of happen. Like DT though I love the offseason trade rumors and stuff

J-Mart

Liked Posts:
I love the offseason also but I don't know what I'm going to do now since there are no more good sports IMO until football. I wish baseball was somewhat exciting.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Did it affect me? well yea I lost any bit of faith I had in Tyrus Thomas.

engies

Liked Posts:
Riker wrote:
I came home from the club at 4:30 AM.

I didn't want to check the result via mobile while I was out.

I came home exactly for last 2 minutes.

And my eyes watered. I went right to sleep, I didn't even want to go on forum to say something.

I'm still depressed. We had a big chance. We blew it. Am I being greedy, did we overachieve?

I don't know.

And I'm still depressed.

Shh....don't tell Sham, he'll say you're....overreacting.....well thats what he posted when I mentioned it