How do the Bears stop Adams?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Hell Charles Martin did the equivalent with McMahon, so it'd be payback.

Such a scummy team I actually wouldn't mind paying them back.

Bears didn’t go soft Sunday. They ran and kept a potent passing attack on the bench.

Sunday? I don't know where you have been but the Bears have been going soft on a slight lead since Lovie most of the time.

Running to burn up 9-14 minutes in one possession is a good plan if you can do it. Running to burn up less than 2 minutes and go 3&out is not burning up the clock or a good plan. That plan is how you lose against a team like Rodgers.

I don't care if you can run the field end to end sometimes. If that's the shootout you want to get in with Rodgers you'd better be able to do it every time.
If that's the plan the Bears and their fans need to get over the reluctance to spend for a GOAT RB. Stop worrying about the next Cedric Benson, start looking for the next Walter Payton.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with others who say give man with safety help.on that side. I'd also consider bumping him, even with another defender.
Especially when he's in the slot.

I recall the Packers doing this to slow down the niners back in the Brent Jones and Jerry Rice days.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's pretty laughable that a few people in here genuinely think JJ can shut him down 1 on 1.

I agree with @remydat that JJ doesn't even need to shadow him if we are giving safety help. In fact it may be better if he doesn't because JJ may be able to take another weapon out of the game. Cb with safety help should at least be able to limit Adams

Yeah the only time I would shadown JJ is if I were leaving him on Adams one on one. if you already going to double with a ssafety then you are wasting JJ.

Liked Posts:
GOD DAMN BEEF BLOCK
I just look at GB am aware that they steadily stock pile Cornerbacks. Ever since Holmgren was their HC, to date GB has put an emphasis on aquiring Corners.

So chances are theyre going to do a fairly solid job at covering our notable receivers.

So you look for matchups. What are their DBs likely not going to do well? They wont be able to hold it down against a 6'6 TE that can get past their Linebackers.

If Fields is to get Kmet and Horsted the ball with a steady diet of 20-25 yard hitch patterns and outs to the flat, then hopefully they can both score some points and wear down that secondary.

Then thats when you start "to drop bombs on them"?

Most importantly Lazor has just got to set Kmet down and level with him. Son, get some hands or go get a girlfriend. They are going to need the TES to really step up for this one.

Ive had enough of this shit, I really hope this defense makes that little cocksucker wish he had sat the year out.

Last edited:

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Best WR in the game right now. What game plan would you put on Adams?

4dnh6jhdcus71.jpg

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Have Mack line up across him and keep him within 5 yards of the line... on his back.

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
Mike Pettine is our secret weapon. This is the reason we brought him here. He knows all the Packers weaknesses and will let Desai know exactly what to do.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Greenbay's o-line is not what it used to be. Rodgers has been sacked 10 times already and we have way more speed at the end position that we have had previously.

Also, Greenbay's defense is not good either and are missing 2 key pieces. If the Bears can pressure Rodgers and and play call control, they should be fine. I would like to be a tad bit more aggressive then we were against the Raiders.

I would basically put JJ on Adams all day and live and die with the other match ups. If you look at the passing chart break down, its basically Adams and no one else. Roquan can cover the RB's.

Our O line is phenomenal, just injured. 3/5 of our starting OL are out.

Insidiuz

Liked Posts:
Adams should be bracketed by a safety and whoever his primary corner is all game. Bears should be in 2 high safeties most of the game as their front 7 can handle the run. It's not going to be pretty, but that's the best strategy to limit the offense and give opportunities for some mistakes by GB.
Exactly my thoughts. I love this game plan; best overall solution. In addition, offensive plan should be to take as many shots downfield as possible, even on a few 1st downs…play as if we’re down from the start by 21

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Exactly my thoughts. I love this game plan; best overall solution. In addition, offensive plan should be to take as many shots downfield as possible, even on a few 1st downs…play as if we’re down from the start by 21
Yeah considering we run every 1st and 2nd down, play action could be effective on early downs. They need to avoid being so predictable

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
Best WR in the game right now. What game plan would you put on Adams?

4dnh6jhdcus71.jpg
Two words one name.... Jaylen Johnson... I think he can get it done. He'll slow him down hopefully but Adams' is a stud. He's going to get his cause he has the best QB in the league. This game is going to be a test if we really got a good Defense everyone thinks we have.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mike Pettine is our secret weapon. This is the reason we brought him here. He knows all the Packers weaknesses and will let Desai know exactly what to do.
Maybe. I'll be honest I considered him an asset to help the rookie DC Desai.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Bracket coverage, I think that was how the Steelers were able to contain him. But then you have Cobb/Jones to account for, my guess is there will be a fair amount of DHC/Deon Bush in this game

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Our weakness (secondary) is the Packers strength, so they can game plan to try and minimize Adams, but I'm not sure it is going to happen unless we are able to get to Rogers, a lot.

The Packers are good at getting the ball out quick, essentially neutralizing our pass rush, so I'm not sure how we win this one.

I'm just being honest, I see us losing. We will lose a shoot out if we get into one. I love what Fields has done thus far, but asking him to win a shoot out against AR, is not a wise game plan.

We are going to need turn overs (more than 2)in scoring position and the run game will need to be explosive.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
You slow Adams down by slowing the Green Bay offense down. You try and shift the time of possession game dramatically in your advantage with long offensive drives that consume time and keep your defense fresh. If we have more than a couple drives that are three and outs, we are in for a long night as our defense will fade down the stretch. You have to have your D line win match ups and pressure Rodgers without a bunch of added blitzers. Rodgers loves to wait for a blitz and beat it with a quick counter move. You also have to have a mentally sharp game and not allow Rodgers to get defenders offsides with hard counts or even worse, those damn free plays he gets all the time. Additionally, no 12 men on the field when they go hurry up, this has to be a clean game of personnel change outs and no miscommunications.

It is a tall ask, but if the Bears can put that all together for one night, they should have a shot at it. Adams should be covered by JJ as often as possible and while I'd love to try and slide safety help that way, I'm not sure Rodgers won't just counter it and go Cobb and Company the other way. When we do give additional defenders to cover versus rush, they have to lock up and find a man and we can't have receivers breaking free when we have 8 defenders to cover 3 or 4 receivers as we've seen on breakdowns this year.