How do we fix the QB in 2020

DeathByBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It will be Mariota. Connection to Helfrich seals the deal. If you look around the league, Chicago is probably the only spot where you can say a free agent QB can win the starting job as the Bears don’t have draft capital to get a rookie that can start on day 1. Other teams that will need QBs are more likely to let a high first rounder play out of the gate. I think Mariota is at least average compared to Trubisky who is just terrible.
Mariota is worse than Trubisky. The guy can’t even stay on the field.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Do you think it would be possible to trade Mitchell for Teddy B?

Then Target Hurts in the draft with our 2nd?
I would think the Saints would not trade Teddy for Mitch. But you raised an interesting idea...

If Brees was healthy, would the Saints be interested in Mitch... with something(s) else? Maybe another player? Maybe some draft picks?

But I'd assume Saints will want to hold on to Teddy till theyre out of the 2019 playoffs.

Last edited:

jive

Liked Posts:
We have witnessed decades of failure at the QB position when trying to use cast offs from other teams. Let's not repeat that same mistake once more. And even if we wanted to make the same mistake, we neither have the draft capital for a trade or cap space for a free agent to do it without great cost.

We don't need an amazing QB, just a guy who can hit open receivers and hand the football off to the running back. If we can keep the defense on the field less than 30 minutes, there's nobody that can beat us. An average QB can take this team pretty far. Imagine what we could do if we had a guy like Gardiner Minshew, Kyle Evans, or Mason Rudolph. None of those guys are franchise QBs, but they were late draft picks/UDFAs that are serviceable QBs.

The Bears just need to get in the habit of drafting a QB every year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kaep's last three years he played were worse than the 2018 Mitch, stats back me up. Now you want to throw in a QB who will be 31 and has not played any kind of football in three years. I can guarantee you some of his skills have deteriorated, like arm strength, speed, and ability to react at game speed. No thanks. There are much better options

This conversation is about 2019 Mitch.

2018 Mitch is dead and buried.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Titans were 29th in adjusted sack percentage last season. They are 32nd so far this season. He’s also been playing in John Fox type schemed offenses with no weapons around him.

Numbers Dunk

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I would think the Saints would not trade Teddy for Mitch. But you raised an interesting idea...

If Brees was healthy, would the Saints be interested in Mitch... with something(s) else? Maybe another player? Maybe some draft picks?

But I'd assume Saints will want to hold on to Teddy till their out of the playoffs.
My thought was Mitchell plus something, of course, to make the trade fair.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Draft Joe Borrow. His pocket presence is awesome. Peyton Manning like. Arm is only so so but he is very accurate.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
My thought was Mitchell plus something, of course, to make the trade fair.
Yeah, Saints would get a backup with trading Teddy. I don't think they would even entertain a trade unless they were out of the playoffs. But maybe the Saints had interest in Mitch? who knows?

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Someone Thinks This Is Possible

I'm not sure this has any remote chance of happening, but there's at least reason for someone to write the article if TB has made the moves the writer mentions in the article.

Trubs has proven the last couple years he isn't the short term answer and hasn't developed like anyone would expect a #2 draft pick. This puts Chicago in a terrible place, with limited draft capital in the 2020 draft, and forcing their hand to potentially draft a QB before Trubs' rookie deal is finished, along with signing a vet.

The current situation is the perfect storm of bad for the QB position.

I don't hate the Mariota potential, seems he might be like what Alex Smith was for the Chiefs when they got him. A stabilizing player at the position and they were competitive each week with him. He'd be reunited with his college coach as well.

Get a new coach

shoez90

Liked Posts:
Remember with the vet option they are coming into a new system. The vets you mention aren’t exactly remarkable talents now are they. Will it take a vet qb shorter amount of time to pick up this offense then a rookie qb of the hc choosing? Should the hc have that much influence in the choice after the debacle at rb? Guess that’s another thing to think about.

sucks we are even discussing this shit already
however what about Mariota you have his college coach on offense. might be the spark both sides need

shoez90

Liked Posts:
Rome wasn't built in a day.

You'd know you were there when they built it... living in some shitty village nearby claiming to the local townsfolk that you were the Emperor.
this is far from a empire see the pats. we have been rebuilding since 1988 i know I've been here the whole time

shoez90

Liked Posts:
Yes, we're all well aware that you hate black people.
this is your argument in 2019 really!? i don't give a fak if he dresses in drag during the fakin post game interview as long as he hits the reciever in the hands. ypu guys act like we have a roster of thoroughbreds to be snobby ass picky batches. I want to win

shoez90

Liked Posts:
People who want Mariota are crazy. You think Trubisky is bad? Mariota has had one of the best O-lines in football in front of him almost his entire career and he has been average at his very best. Hard pass.

Depending on what happens in Carolina, I am looking at Kyle Allen.
wow do u watch the games holy chit he had a average line until maybe this year not sure. if they were so good murray and henry would be one and two in ypc. SF humbled that kid set him back a season.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Nagy is the worst playcaller in the NFL.

Peyton is just a better coach.

Yeah, this is the right line of thinking. This whole offense looks lost under Nagy. Ran the ball for 167 yards on 38 carries and he thinks it did not work. The man just wants his offense to be the stars of the game, he almost seems upset that the defense has to carry this team.
Whatever, hopefully his tenure of 3.03 just gets back to smash mouth football and the plays get cut in half.
It seems like his career calling is working for the Madden video game.