How do you cope...

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude, the Bears have been held under 20 points by the Eagles, Packers, and Broncos in three straight games. What you described about a possession offense that ends with FG's is basically an admission that you want Mitch to be a game manager. He was drafted before Watson and Mahomes in the same draft, he CANT just be a game manager. If that's the case he's not the future. Also, the Bears only scored 3 in Week 1, that is MORE than rust. That's a lack of ability mostly from the QB position. Was he rusty in Denver or againt Philly too when we couldnt help the defense? Lastly, offense needs to score NOT the defense. The defense is already holding the opponent below 20, what more do you want? Bears barely beat Denver, if there was a game for Mitch to blow somone out it was last week.

Really, should have blown Denver out? Did Green Bay blow Denver out at home today? Did Rodgers light it up? Rodgers had one big quarter against Vikings this year in 3 games? Should they bring in their kid?

6-3 half right now Rams and Cleveland. Is that it for Goff and Mayfield? You guys really need to chill out.

Southside

Liked Posts:
The crazy thing about the Bears not taking Mahomes, is that Mahomes wouldnt even have to be as good as he is in KC to succeed here because he would have had a better defense supprorting him. That's why it sickens me when Trubiskians say stuff like, "we dont know how good Mahomes would be in Chicago," even an alternate universe version of Pat Mahomes who doesn't reach his full potential would STILL be better than Trubisky. Not to mention Mahomes started far more games in college than Trubsky. There is NO universe/scenario where Trubskiy would be better prepared than mahomes. If we took Mahomes, he would also be in the NFC, where he would have avoided the Patriots/Brady until the SB. Brees and Rodgers are getting old, Mahomes would hav taken over the NFC North and NFC.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's not just Mahomes though, even if they had picked Watson, the Bears would be light years better on offense. They literally had a 66.7% chance of getting it right. A blind man throwing darts would have done better.
And it's not just Watson. It's all of the young QBs or backups who come into the lineup and can muster up enough points to put a team away. It's a scary reality that a lot of us are at least hoping we have a game manager, let's forget about a franchise QB or in Mahomes case, an all time great(eventually)

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And if this doesn't happen?

You dont get at all frustrated watching so many young QB's completely ball out on so many different teams?

I don't get it..

They ball out today. How about the next 5 games? You weren't happy with 12-4 last year? This 1-1 start has you crazy?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lamar Jackson makes some of the worst decisions. He will fall from grace.

I'd love for Trubs to get to a point where he even has the option of "falling from grace"

Mahomes is generational.

Awesome hot take.

Something just seems off with Watson. He’s great then below average. He takes too many sacks then throws a great pass. He finishes it with an interception.

What? Watson has 48 TDs to 18 INT's on his career. He also has over 800 rushing yards and 9 TDs, to go along with a 15-9 W/L record. Watson is the definition of a gamer, and he's still improving his young career.

Trubisky is a game manager and nothing more. Nagy is his worst enemy early in 2019.

Trubisky isn't just handed the "game manager" title for being 'meh' to below average. He has to, you know, manage games first.

Are all your football thoughts this bad?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If this trend continues, we may want to organize a CCS Support group

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How very zen of you, pussy! I don't cope, I seethe, my inner rage burns with the heat of a thousand suns.
I can't even get mad about being called a pussy because that was funny! Thank you.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They ball out today. How about the next 5 games? You weren't happy with 12-4 last year? This 1-1 start has you crazy?
I'm frustrated, not crazy. Trubs isn't passing the eye test thus far. This isn't about just this year - this is evaluating his career thus far.

Its exemplified when watching other young signal callers operating offenses with much more finesse.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I'd love for Trubs to get to a point where he even has the option of "falling from grace"

Awesome hot take.

What? Watson has 48 TDs to 18 INT's on his career. He also has over 800 rushing yards and 9 TDs, to go along with a 15-9 W/L record. Watson is the definition of a gamer, and he's still improving his young career.

Trubisky isn't just handed the "game manager" title for being 'meh' to below average. He has to, you know, manage games first.

Are all your football thoughts this bad?
You obviously don’t watch the games and only look at stats. It’s okay.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
And it's not just Watson. It's all of the young QBs or backups who come into the lineup and can muster up enough points to put a team away. It's a scary reality that a lot of us are at least hoping we have a game manager, let's forget about a franchise QB or in Mahomes case, an all time great(eventually)

Gardner mother fucking Minshew, backups all over the league looking legit, it just makes mole eye seem so much worse.

I'm seeing 20 year olds on Saturday go through progressions, but our second pick in the draft still can't in his 3rd season.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
The funny thing is the fans that say they’re sick of hearing about Mahomes. They don’t get it..... they may hear about it the rest of their lives. Pace passing on him looks like one of the all time Chicago sports blunders.

Yep. I like the narrative that some have around here that most of the "draft gurus" & posters at CCS didn't have Mahomes as the 1st QB taken, so it's okay....dude, no one is going to remember that 10 to 20 years from now. All anyone will remember is the Bears trading up for Mitch and passing on Mahomes.

Let alone that Pace is paid millions to make these decisions and dudes on a message board & draft gurus are irrelevant.

Last edited:

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Gardner mother fucking Minshew, backups all over the league looking legit, it just makes mole eye seem so much worse.

I'm seeing 20 year olds on Saturday go through progressions, but our second pick in the draft still can't in his 3rd season.
Gardner has been highly entertaining.

Just look at this dude

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It’s okay pal, no need to be rude. God bless you and your family but stop using stats only to push your narrative.
What are you even talking about?
Would you like to compare game film of Trubs vs literally all the QB's you mentioned?
I'll save you the time - it doesn't paint Trubs in a favorable light.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
What are you even talking about?
Would you like to compare game film of Trubs vs literally all the QB's you mentioned?
I'll save you the time - it doesn't paint Trubs in a favorable light.
Did I say that?

Please quote...

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This forum has taken a nosedive.

On CCS, neither game film nor statistics is a valid argument, and any attempts to compare anyone using either is pushing a narrative.

Good stuff.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
stop using stats only to push your narrative

The hell with stats, try the eye test, Mitch fails miserably.
WTF, narrative? You mean the universally accepted truth that Mitch sucks so far this season? That's not a narrative it's a fact.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I originally wanted Watson so I am more bitter about not getting him. While it is obvious he is better than Trubisky, I still think he might not hold up with the beating he takes and his size. Still though, with our window on defense, I would take just a few years of Watson.

Mahomes doesn't upset me at all because he was never going to be the number 3 pick. He wasn't rated high enough. Everyone seemed to have underestimated him.