How does it feel

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
To be on your own, with no direction home…..

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Fields is for sure becoming THAT man. He's made a lot of progress and I'm excited for his and the team's future. that being said, the passing game still needs work. We have limited talent and poor pass protection, but I'd like to see the coaches get it going somewhat.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Fields is for sure becoming THAT man. He's made a lot of progress and I'm excited for his and the team's future. that being said, the passing game still needs work. We have limited talent and poor pass protection, but I'd like to see the coaches get it going somewhat.
Get ready for death threats....

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
I just hope he doesn't want out of Chicago before they're able to build a team around him. The guy has to put the cape on every week just to keep them in the game.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
What I am struggling with is how few routes are being offered in the middle third of the field. Seems Getsy is reluctant to design plays where opportunities are provide there, when his former QB Rodgers kills it there. I know there sometimes are shallow crossers now and then, and perhaps Fields is choosing not to go there with the ball, but I can't recall ever seeing a slant route offered, let alone thrown to. This would help loosen the coverage out beyond the numbers where we primarily keep going. .. just sayin'

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I just hope he doesn't want out of Chicago before they're able to build a team around him. The guy has to put the cape on every week just to keep them in the game.
I think he's smart enough to know what the deal is this year.

Really, the conditions are rather perfect for bringing out the most in him, IMO. The defense is terrible so he has to move the offense and score points by any means necessary. The surrounding cast isn't great so he's having to learn how to work with that because he's never going to have the perfect situation around him. We're bad enough to still lose games while good enough to be really solid in knowing that Fields is the guy and there's a handful of pieces to keep around long-term. I personally am loving this season.

Still got 7 games left. Look at where we are now versus 7 games ago, and we've still got the bye to implement some new stuff and perhaps let Claypool get more up to speed. Enjoy the ride!

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
I think he's smart enough to know what the deal is this year.

Really, the conditions are rather perfect for bringing out the most in him, IMO. The defense is terrible so he has to move the offense and score points by any means necessary. The surrounding cast isn't great so he's having to learn how to work with that because he's never going to have the perfect situation around him. We're bad enough to still lose games while good enough to be really solid in knowing that Fields is the guy and there's a handful of pieces to keep around long-term. I personally am loving this season.

Still got 7 games left. Look at where we are now versus 7 games ago, and we've still got the bye to implement some new stuff and perhaps let Claypool get more up to speed. Enjoy the ride!

Theres not another qb or player in the league in his shit situation. 7 games left and the Bears might not win another game. I just hope he survives.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Theres not another qb or player in the league in his shit situation. 7 games left and the Bears might not win another game. I just hope he survives.
Why wouldn't he survive? He's taking less hard hits than he was earlier in the year. It's only getting better.

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
What I am struggling with is how few routes are being offered in the middle third of the field. Seems Getsy is reluctant to design plays where opportunities are provide there, when his former QB Rodgers kills it there. I know there sometimes are shallow crossers now and then, and perhaps Fields is choosing not to go there with the ball, but I can't recall ever seeing a slant route offered, let alone thrown to. This would help loosen the coverage out beyond the numbers where we primarily keep going. .. just sayin'
This is a good point and i've noticed that as well. I think they just want to remove any potential for him turning the ball over. It's easier to design coverage and get interceptions on those routes.

Also, teams have been playing man against us almost exclusively. You're not going to find holes in the middle against man usually.. unless your guys can beat someone 1v1 consistently.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Why wouldn't he survive? He's taking less hard hits than he was earlier in the year. It's only getting better.

Because eventually it catches up to you or that big hit lands. You think this type of play can be sustained??

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Because eventually it catches up to you or that big hit lands. You think this type of play can be sustained??
I think it's a lot more sustainable than earlier this year and last year with him getting crushed in the pocket. He's 6'3" and built like a tank. This isn't RG3 we're talking about here, and he's a young guy. His career progression will only trend more toward throwing the ball, including this year, just got to be patient.