How Far Are You Willing to Trade Down?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, how far are you willing to trade down? Do you want to stay where our pick is and take Anderson or Carter or something? Stay top ten? Trade down, twice, but pick inside the top XX? How low are you willing to go?

If we're #1 or #2 I think we can trade down 2-4 picks and still get Anderson or Carter.

OR, we can trade again and let those guys go, and get more picks.

Personally, I really want to get ONE of Anderson or Carter, so if we can trade from #1/#2 to say, #4 and still get one of them? I love it. Then take an elite WR with the extra pick.

Thoughts?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’d go as low as 15ish depending on the deal.

I’m not in love with this draft class as far as it having true blue chip prospects. But I think you can find some quality starters into the teens.

All depends on the trade package.

Liked Posts:
All depends what they’d get back. Unlikely it’s outside of the top ten bc the price would be so high, but if some team wanted make a ridiculous offer, then why not

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
So, how far are you willing to trade down? Do you want to stay where our pick is and take Anderson or Carter or something? Stay top ten? Trade down, twice, but pick inside the top XX? How low are you willing to go?

If we're #1 or #2 I think we can trade down 2-4 picks and still get Anderson or Carter.

OR, we can trade again and let those guys go, and get more picks.

Personally, I really want to get ONE of Anderson or Carter, so if we can trade from #1/#2 to say, #4 and still get one of them? I love it. Then take an elite WR with the extra pick.

Thoughts?
I agree with staying in range to get one those 2 but any pick can bust and this is a deep d-line draft.

If we can pick up a fortune to move back in the teens be it with one pick that nets a first next year or two trade downs for multiple high round picks tops year i like that strategy too given how many holes we need to fill. Seems like there have been many picks in the 10-20 range that out played most of the top 10 in any given year.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
there seems to be a lot of talented defense of lineman in the draft. If we miss on the top two guys, we could still get a very good defense of lineman later in the draft.

I really don’t understand why there’s not as much buzz about Quinton Johnston. The fall off from Johnston to the next receiver is huge in my opinion. He might be the only true #1 in the draft. He is likely to be a top 10 pick.

What would help this team more a young Robert Quinn, or a young Larry Fitzgerald?

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
It seems like someone didn't read @Toast88 's thread about having all the cake and eating it too.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Will Anderson has to be especially lazy and bad in testing/interviewing to drop to 4-6.

I don't understand after this past year and especially after the game against Ohio State how people can think Jalen Carter is a top 5 pick. He looks more of a product of being part of a dynamic duo at DT for Georgia a year ago with Jordyn Davis than he looks like being the focal point that caused all the disruption. Because minus 2 plays in the Tennessee game this year for UGA, he's been invisible.

If you're trading down to 4-6 range from 1-2, and you want a DL, its Tyree Wilson or Myles Murphy. Though the correct answer to draft is Peter Skoronski.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
there seems to be a lot of talented defense of lineman in the draft. If we miss on the top two guys, we could still get a very good defense of lineman later in the draft.

I really don’t understand why there’s not as much buzz about Quinton Johnston. The fall off from Johnston to the next receiver is huge in my opinion. He might be the only true #1 in the draft. He is likely to be a top 10 pick.

What would help this team more a young Robert Quinn, or a young Larry Fitzgerald?

There is… but the guy is VERY polarizing. Some see a young #1…. Others see Kevin White. I’m not sold on him personally just because there seem to be other, safer picks.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It’s all subjective and depends on the deal. If they trade down, I’d like for them to come out of the first with either a Tackle (Skoronski/Johnson)/Edge rusher (like Myles Murphy) and a WR, preferably JSN

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I would love to have either guy too, but I really think this is going to be a two year rebuild and if we can manage to stay in the top ten and still get a 1st next year, that would be ideal...

Liked Posts:
Preferably inside the top 10 & get an additional 1st plus other later rd picks but wouldn't say no to 10 - 15 as that would cost at least 3 1sts based on the SF/MIA trade. We could do a lot with that & still get a good player at ~15.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
So much depends on how FA goes, but if Bears can get two of WR, C, T in FA, I would be willing to band aid up to two of the three defensive line positions of major need with prove it players and trade to the 8-14 area if it allowed the Bears to get more picks next year.

I've always thought future picks is such an obvious market to get value, driven because of how quickly regimes turn over and how much pressure is on to win now. If we're looking to build smartly, this is the type of inequity to use to get there.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So much depends on how FA goes, but if Bears can get two of WR, C, T in FA, I would be willing to band aid up to two of the three defensive line positions of major need with prove it players and trade to the 8-14 area if it allowed the Bears to get more picks next year.

I've always thought future picks is such an obvious market to get value, driven because of how quickly regimes turn over and how much pressure is on to win now. If we're looking to build smartly, this is the type of inequity to use to get there.

100%.

One of my biggest issues with Pace was he never got value…. Always went for the quick fix…. Trading up instead of trading down for picks the next year…. Signing dumb free agents instead of playing the comp pick game….. nothing was ever done with the future in mind.