How Far Are You Willing to Trade Down?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
If the Bears get the first pick I think Seattle is an attractive trade partner. They may want to jump Houston for a QB or for Anderson.

Seattle has the 3rd and 18th plus two 2nd round picks. (So plenty of amo)

Carolina also has two 2nd round picks. So they’re another team with amo.

I don’t like the idea of trading with Detroit but they have a lot too.
Ok...............I would take that, then double down to the Colts at five for even more picks.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
This is dumb. Bears don't need a bunch of 3rd and 4th round picks. The roster is completely void of high end talent due to Pace basically missing on all first round picks. They need quality 1st and 2nds and in that case, less would be more.
Read what I posted. They need multi 1st and 2nds

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So, how far are you willing to trade down? Do you want to stay where our pick is and take Anderson or Carter or something? Stay top ten? Trade down, twice, but pick inside the top XX? How low are you willing to go?

If we're #1 or #2 I think we can trade down 2-4 picks and still get Anderson or Carter.

OR, we can trade again and let those guys go, and get more picks.

Personally, I really want to get ONE of Anderson or Carter, so if we can trade from #1/#2 to say, #4 and still get one of them? I love it. Then take an elite WR with the extra pick.

Thoughts?

With the amount of holes we have - I would trade down a few times and stop somewhere between 12-18, with the catch that I would want for sure each team's first 2nd rounder as part of any trade package. There's a lot of value in the 2nd round, and if you can maximize that and make hay, and still pull off 2 first rounders, that's how to approach this.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is dumb. Bears don't need a bunch of 3rd and 4th round picks. The roster is completely void of high end talent due to Pace basically missing on all first round picks. They need quality 1st and 2nds and in that case, less would be more.
What if they traded down for ALL the 4th round picks?

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
I'd trade out of the first round if it came with enough extra picks (i.e. future 1sts/2nds)

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For me, I think part of it is about what we do in free agency. The more we do, the more open I am to trading down/back. If we can get some elite OL/DL/WR.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
A package from the Commanders (they'll be around 14 and IF they Franchise Payne)

Our pick to them for: Payne, 2023 1st (#14), 2023 2nd (#46), 2023 4th (#116), 2024 1st, 2024 3rd, 2024 5th

That'll work and I'd have to think Commanders would jump at that as they wouldn't give up a 3rd 1st to move all the way up.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Signing McGlinchey as a free agent and then drafting Skoronski would probably add years to Justin Fields' life.

My ideal draft would be trading with the lions, which we wont do, and taking Skoronski at #6/7 and Smith-Njigba at #16/17

Granted, with the bears luck in drafts lately JSN would be out his entire rookie year with a hammy