How far has Pace set this franchise back?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I think Pace is playing 4D checkers

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I don't know if I would say he set the franchise back, as much as he built a would-be competitor but bungled the most important part of it. Maybe some of you are new here, but the team he inherited wasnt better than the current one. I say that as someone who has wanted him fired all of last season, but like pick good reasons.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Take whatever number you want, then add "And counting."

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Dan Durkin asks.

I've been saying for years that the Mitch pick set them back a decade. We'll be lucky if its only 10 years at this point.

Clearly in the running for one of the worst GM’s in all of sport. This franchise is steadily going backwards... not forwards. No plan. No ability to wheel and deal and fleece other GM’s. Instead, Pace is always the one getting fleeced. What a joke of a GM. This off-season was a test (a last and final one at that) —- and he failed miserably.

Last edited:

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Clearly in the running for one of the worst GM’s in sports. This franchise is steadily going backwards... not forwards. What joke of a GM. This off-season was a test (a last and final one at that) —- and he failed miserably.
Pace is not that great of a GM but also not even close to one of the worst GMs in all of sports.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Drafting trubisky fucked us but gms make bad picks. It’s these trades and bad contracts where he fucks this team in the future. Desperate moves that he keeps pushing towards future years. Squanders picks it’s no wonder we are in bad cap shape. I see a future for him in government for his skills in fucking up others peoples money

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
<-------------------------------------

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
It depends what he does with his draft this year. If he keeps his picks, and future picks, and has another good draft they'll be fine. As much as it sucks to lose Fuller and maybe Hicks, they likely only had another good year or two left. And cap will be fine after this year. The Bears future depends on getting a new regime in here and solving the QB problem.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
It depends what he does with his draft this year. If he keeps his picks, and future picks, and has another good draft they'll be fine. As much as it sucks to lose Fuller and maybe Hicks, they likely only had another good year or two left. And cap will be fine after this year. The Bears future depends on getting a new regime in here and solving the QB problem.

He effed it up the same way most bad GMs do. Missing on first round picks. But he made it worse by trading away picks. That's really why he's in this position.

He's making it so his 2022 pick is high for a QB. If he doesn't get fired - that changes everything.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
All it takes to turn it all around is the #1 pick. Hope springs eternal. With our cap, it was bound to get ugly. The cap went DOWN. Lol. 2019 and 2020 were our true chances. Mitch and Nagy ruined it.

Rise

Liked Posts:
If Pace is the GM it is 10 years. If the team hired a competent person (lol yeah right) they could fix it in 3.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Pace makes Jerry Angelo look like Ron Wolf.

CygnusX44

Bulgogi Apparatus
Liked Posts:
8-12 years. So 10.

And my Korean girlfriend just farted, gently.