How furious will some be when Poles lets Montgomery walk next year?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Won't be angry. Love Monty but he simply isn't explosive enough

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If we pay him what he's worth, I have no issues with it. If he's tryna Roquan us, he can fuck off. ?

But seriously, really good back, would miss him, but I understand if we let him walk.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
If the OL improves to open holes like that, we’d be better of with a faster RB to take advantage of those holes, rather than a break-tackles-behind-the-LOS guy…
It’s literally like you don’t watch football or let alone bears football….

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are much better things to be furious about, like why all the obvious future pro-bowlers are exposed on the PS just waiting to be poached.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would just trade him before the trade deadline the way Howard should have been years ago. Capitalize on a player you don’t need
I’d be fine with giving him an extension now if he’ll be modest since we got ahead of it.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
It’s literally like you don’t watch football or let alone bears football….
I sincerely hope we’re not expecting this Bears team to be the same as previous versions.

mecha

Liked Posts:
going back to 2015, the Chicago Bears have had a plentiful quantity of sufficient runningbacks.

do you know why? cause they're easily obtainable now in this so-called "passing league". the only thing you really reach for is a runner that can catch passes also.

remember when Jordan Howard excelled at running and Nagy fucking ruined him trying to make him a pass catching back? that's where you just leave well enough alone.

that's big picture thinking where you overlook the obvious that's right in front of you. to answer your question, I will not be furious at all. and I like Montgomery. it's just a different era now from where we were 20-30 years ago.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
All you look at are yards. Do you not realize how many times Monte has been hit at or behind the LOS AND still made positive yards? Just think if he got hit 2 or 3 yards upfield with a decent OLine in front of him. His average skyrockets! An back like Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, etc. come one in a lifetime. In today's game, we will never see the likes of them again. IMO, Monte has special qualities and is worth keeping. Most of you are betting fantasy and just want bottom end productivity but you need to look at the people front of him too.

The same group have been probably wishing we had Elliot. What has he really done the past couple years with declining OLine?

IMO, if the line improves to be a DECENT OLine, you will see he will be given the opportunity to have seral 15 - 20 yrd gains just like you're all clamoring for. If he does does that this year, we will need to pay him a lot more than if he's extended sooner.
Or maybe if he had more burst, like you know, the guy taking his spot

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. RBs don't make shit.
2. He's not top 5.
3. His never die easy attitude is infectious and important to this team.
4. For those reasons Bears should sign him. 3 years 18 million. He'll know the offense, the QB and I would love to see him with an average oline. All he's known is stupid ass Nagy his whole career.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Zero feels... I like Montys run style.. its just..... sooo what.

Liked Herbert last year but he seemed to bulk up a lil this offseason.. hopefully it doesnt effect his twitch.. if it does, Ebner and another 5th, 6th rounder next year?

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
he's not a Neal Anderson or a Forte....he's tough and has very good hands, I like him, but I honestly think Herbert is better for this system. He would be perfect for the system they drafted him for which is in KC

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Why do people think David Montgomery is a really good running back?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Depends on his market. RBs just aren't valued. If they can get him for $5m/yr over three years with say $7 guaranteed, no reason not to keep him. He's a good player and is clearly a well-like and respected player.

If some other team is going to give him $40m/4 years, you let him go. But I doubt he will have that type of market.
This

I bet they give him a lowball offer. Not sure there will be a ton of interest in him, so he might take it

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
You know its gonna happen
I suppose it depends on how he does running the ball in an outside zone scheme and how Trestan Ebner does.

You do know that good GMs let overvalued players on their roster walk? The only player that comes to mind that Ryan Pace did that for was Adrian Amos. Problem was that Amos wasn't overvalued, and the Packers understood that. In fact, Amos was probably better than any of the players that he chose to sign again. Pace was never able to get the value that he paid for Trevathan, Hicks, Jimmy Graham, Eddie Goldman, so on and so forth.

Feeva

Liked Posts:
I suppose it depends on how he does running the ball in an outside zone scheme and how Trestan Ebner does.

You do know that good GMs let overvalued players on their roster walk? The only player that comes to mind that Ryan Pace did that for was Adrian Amos. Problem was that Amos wasn't overvalued, and the Packers understood that. In fact, Amos was probably better than any of the players that he chose to sign again. Pace was never able to get the value that he paid for Trevathan, Hicks, Jimmy Graham, Eddie Goldman, so on and so forth.
I understood Paces decision though. Couldn’t have 2 high priced safeties and EJack was looking like a superstar back then. Who would of thought his production would fall off after vic left? I doubt Poles is gonna pay him though. He doesn’t even want to Roquan. ??

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
I understood Paces decision though. Couldn’t have 2 high priced safeties and EJack was looking like a superstar back then. Who would of thought his production would fall off after vic left? I doubt Poles is gonna pay him though. He doesn’t even want to Roquan. ??
I agree. I probably would have done the same. But overall, Pace was terrible at picking which vets time had come to walk away. Now they're paying Jimmy Graham and Danny Trevathan to sit at home.

I think if Monty shows he's special in his scheme then he will pay him. But if Herbert and Ebner offer the same then it's sayanora.