How high up will Bears changes go

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Found this interesting...

There has been little talk of G.M. Ryan Pace not surviving a purge of the coaching staff, presumably based on the notion that General Managers typically get to hire two head coaches. However,, Pace’s predecessor, Phil Emery, didn’t have that luxury; Emery hired Marc Trestman, and Emery was fired with Trestman.

Here’s something that could be a clue. Most of the non-playoff teams already have commenced the process of negotiating with practice-squad players the futures contracts that can be signed after the regular season ends. As one league source explained it to PFT, the Bears haven’t.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/28/how-high-up-will-bears-changes-go/

On this site...at least it's gaining steam about Teddy. He needs to go.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
And this: In the 32 years since winning the Super Bowl in 1985, the Bears have been to the playoffs 10 total times. Since Phillips became CEO in 1999, the Bears have qualified for the postseason only four times.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
IMHO, there has been somewhat of a power struggle playing out in the media. Up until now, some factions have been in the "Fire Pace" bandwagon. I wouldn't be surprised if Ted Philips is leaking to reporters. However this now seems to be a return volley by Pace, as if to say "you take me down, I'll take you with me, or at least shine such a spotlight on you that you won't be able to hide any more."

Let's see if the "Fire Pace" articles peter out now - that would be pretty good confirmation.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Had another thought. I wonder if it's possible that some GM's of other teams expecting to have head coaching vacancies are putting out false reports of Ryan Pace's status in order to make candidates shy away?

In particular, perhaps those who may have an interest in Nagy?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
if pace is fired then i can see teddy being fired but otherwise i dont think its likely.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
theyll go as high as HC and thats that. pace isnt going anywhere.

maybe, just maybe, teddy will finally be told to stay the fuck out of football operations and stick to the business side. which he seems to be good at, helpin the family make a lot of money, which is why he wont be flat out fired.

but honestly i wonder how much involvement teddy has every really had due to his own insistence? is it him or just the dumb asses running the show that decide to trot him out there during every GM/coaching hire?

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
theyll go as high as HC and thats that. pace isnt going anywhere.

maybe, just maybe, teddy will finally be told to stay the fuck out of football operations and stick to the business side. which he seems to be good at, helpin the family make a lot of money, which is why he wont be flat out fired.

but honestly i wonder how much involvement teddy has every really had due to his own insistence? is it him or just the dumb asses running the show that decide to trot him out there during every GM/coaching hire?

Well this tells me the answer to your question:

"Since Phillips became CEO in 1999, the Bears have qualified for the postseason only four times."

He has to go.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Maybe one of the great grand kids showed Ginny how awesome they are at madden to convince her to give him the reigns of the team from George

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Had another thought. I wonder if it's possible that some GM's of other teams expecting to have head coaching vacancies are putting out false reports of Ryan Pace's status in order to make candidates shy away?

In particular, perhaps those who may have an interest in Nagy?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

:nelson:

You really should stop warming up your car with the garage door closed man.

Foreign Banana

Liked Posts:
IMHO, there has been somewhat of a power struggle playing out in the media. Up until now, some factions have been in the "Fire Pace" bandwagon. I wouldn't be surprised if Ted Philips is leaking to reporters. However this now seems to be a return volley by Pace, as if to say "you take me down, I'll take you with me, or at least shine such a spotlight on you that you won't be able to hide any more."

Let's see if the "Fire Pace" articles peter out now - that would be pretty good confirmation.

I have no knowledge that Football of the America contains so many politics. Planting of the Media. Sabotage of the Corporate. When I was child the peoples enjoyed sports for escape all that ugly. Here it is part of sport?

Where I was born many peoples say "Breaking of teacup before many flowers of spring contain rock."

(it sound much more nice in native tounge)

It mean that very rare that answers contain so many words.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
:nelson:

You really should stop warming up your car with the garage door closed man.

Lol.... Nice.

Still though, it wouldn't surprise me if other GMs put out BS to the media this time of year. The media is a valuable tool if manipulated properly.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where I was born many peoples say "Breaking of teacup before many flowers of spring contain rock."

(it sound much more nice in native tounge)

It mean that very rare that answers contain so many words.

Ah, Banana of Foreign Lands, those who have eyes, let them see . . .

. . . I mean, I can't, but I suppose someone can . . .

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the only change will be HC. If Pace is fired it would not surprise me if others, even Sweaty, get canned as well.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
National Guys-Pace is in trouble

Local Guys-Pace is totally safe

I usually side with the local guys. I think Phillips may have made some calls to bigger fish guys and that is what the national guys are going off of.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Too many tinfoil hats. No one is privy to George s mind. And no other GM is leaking subterfuge to scuttle a HC hire. The GM and HC situations will be clear Monday, before hiring season starts, so any leaking would have zero point. Potential HC's will be acutely aware of Paces status long before interviews or contract offers are consummated.

As for Pace, an extension to match his HC hire is more likely than a firing and something I would not be opposed to happening. His young talent acquisitions have been impressive and firing a guy that has done adequately and likely learned from novice mistakes just as he is refining his GM skills would be imprudent.

The Bears HC situation post Emory/Trestman was an aging talentless sinkhole, it is now the cherry spot for potential HC's. That is all Ryan Pace.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
If the Bears fire Pace (which seems extremely unlikely), I'd be very disappointed----not because Pace is great or anything, but because we'd start to enter Browns territory, changing up GMs every 2-3 years. No one wants to work in an environment like that. And it's ultimately unnecessary in this situation. You'd have to restart from Square One.

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shit the bed chill out a bit fellas you've not got long to wait.

Luke

Liked Posts:
the smartest move that George could ever make is to remove Phillips and appoint a Polian type football guy as team president. pipe dream I know, but that's how this ship stops sinking.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Found this interesting...

There has been little talk of G.M. Ryan Pace not surviving a purge of the coaching staff, presumably based on the notion that General Managers typically get to hire two head coaches. However,, Pace’s predecessor, Phil Emery, didn’t have that luxury; Emery hired Marc Trestman, and Emery was fired with Trestman.

Here’s something that could be a clue. Most of the non-playoff teams already have commenced the process of negotiating with practice-squad players the futures contracts that can be signed after the regular season ends. As one league source explained it to PFT, the Bears haven’t.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/28/how-high-up-will-bears-changes-go/

On this site...at least it's gaining steam about Teddy. He needs to go.
He's safe since this will be his 1st HC hire.:rimshot:
If our backups are already this bad, imagine the PS. I wouldn't be in a hurry either.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
There’s only 10 guys on a practice squad. Who gives a shit whether you sign them now or a few months from now?