How long does the Fields honeymoon last?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
LOL you want him to be able to win over the fans who are pro-racism?

Gosh.

Also, reported.

No you silly, my point isn't about the specifics of the message it's about the divisive nature of activism.

You know what unites us? That we're all Bears fans. You know what divides us? Literally everything else. It's very sensible to advise rookies to avoid the 'everything else'.

lol @ reporting people

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No you silly, my point isn't about the specifics of the message it's about the divisive nature of activism.

You know what unites us? That we're all Bears fans. You know what divides us? Literally everything else. It's very sensible to advise rookies to avoid the 'everything else'.

lol @ reporting people

I'd love to see you give Justin this advice lol. "Justin, being anti racism is going to hurt your jersey sales with racist bears fans. We advise shutting up and just throwing TDs so the racists think you're one of the good ones and buy your shirts."

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Someone who knows a lot more about the Xs and Os can probably answer this. But if that was his hot read for Cover 0, and they were in Cover 0, and that is where the play was designed to go in that situation, what else should he have done? Did he make a mistake by losing that linebacker? If we call a designed rollout there, he probably doesn't throw that pick.

The way I see it, that was a great play by the linebacker, and a great call by the Bengals DC. Not trying to absolve Fields of blame. But it seems like it was more of a great call/play by them, and less of a horrible throw by him. It's not like he was staring down a WR and got picked for being a dummy.
The criticism is he should have hit Goodwin sooner to replace the blitzer off the left side. Very good play by the LBer.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd love to see you give Justin this advice lol. "Justin, being anti racism is going to hurt your jersey sales with racist bears fans. We advise shutting up and just throwing TDs so the racists think you're one of the good ones and buy your shirts."
Imagine thinking "end racism" is bad. ?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:

You seem determined to miss the point; you aren't getting that my point isn't about racism, it's about activism.

I would give this advice to him in person (because I'm not a coward who bites his tongue) and I'm sure many other people, many people who don't share my skin color, would too. You have a simplified binary view on this topic, you're implying that anyone who puts 'end racism' on their helmet is against racism and anyone who doesn't or who opposes that is somehow for racism.

I'd wager that people like MJ, Shaq, Barkley, D.Rose, etc, did more to discourage racism just through their play, than anyone ever managed to accomplish via virtue signaling activism. It's pure cringe that the first black QB in Bears history has to put 'end racism' on his helmet when his forbearers never felt the need to do anything like that. Are you going to try to tell me that MJ supported racism just because he never virtue signaled his opposition to it? Of course not, that's silly. He discouraged more racism just through being MJ.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't even know what to say.

"End racism sends the wrong message Justin. Try changing it to "shut up and play football. Didn't you see what happened to LeBron?"
Next up: "Players need to pump the brakes on being anti-child sex trafficking. That's a bad look. You're going to offend the pedophiles and criminals that liked you before you took that cringey stance. Just play football."

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Justin backs the blue, baby!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You seem determined to miss the point; you aren't getting that my point isn't about racism, it's about activism.

I would give this advice to him in person (because I'm not a coward who bites his tongue) and I'm sure many other people, many people who don't share my skin color, would too. You have a simplified binary view on this topic, you're implying that anyone who puts 'end racism' on their helmet is against racism and anyone who doesn't or who opposes that is somehow for racism.

I'd wager that people like MJ, Shaq, Barkley, D.Rose, etc, did more to discourage racism just through their play, than anyone ever managed to accomplish via virtue signaling activism. It's pure cringe that the first black QB in Bears history has to put 'end racism' on his helmet when his forbearers never felt the need to do anything like that. Are you going to try to tell me that MJ supported racism just because he never virtue signaled his opposition to it? Of course not, that's silly. He discouraged more racism just through being MJ.
It's an NFL initiative FYI. Sorry that it makes you so mad though. Weird thing to get mad about but okay

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That's my entire point too; it's divisive and distracts from the team and the game of football. I'm advising against such things for the same reasons you're advising we not talk about it here. kinda ironic.
I didn’t even see the message. Maybe you just wanted to be a little bitch about something

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Oh no.
1632253147617.jpeg

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
It's an NFL initiative FYI. Sorry that it makes you so mad though. Weird thing to get mad about but okay

Yeah well, it's also an NFL initiative to play the 'Black National Anthem' before every game, but that's divisive and counterproductive too. And plenty of black people have said so too, since you don't like hearing this from a hwite

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Rose was the first to bring the “ I can’t breathe shirt “ on a NBA court. Why does anti racism messages bother you? Does the NFL pro-LGBT commercial hurt you too?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Rose was the first to bring the “ I can’t breathe shirt “ on a NBA court. Why does anti racism messages bother you? Does the NFL pro-LGBT commercial hurt you too?

It's blatantly divisive and I'd advise against it. It's not that it 'hurts' me, it's just obviously divisive messaging that I'd advise against someone adopting. I'd say the same thing if a player wore a pro-life or an anti-gay message, which the NFL would never allow btw.

Brady isn't a rookie who has to worry about winning over a fan base, but I'd advise against him doing it too. It's divisive no matter who does it.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He's just a dude to me, I won't get too down on him this year unless the wheels come completely off.

I did notice that he had 'end racism' on the back of his helmet during the game though, which imo is a bad decision. I hope he re-thinks the virtue signaling shenanigans as this stuff has nothing to do with football and could potentially divide the fan base before he even wins the fans over. I hope he's more MJ and less LeBron.
This is top tier troll bait.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Trust me millions of fans were thinking it, I'm just the only one to say it.

I hope, I really hope that Fields is more MJ and less LeBron. I didn't realize it was "troll bait" to hope a player is like MJ. We really don't need a Colin Kaepernick situation in Chicago. Make fun of me all you want but that would divide the fan base, 100%.

Whoever is advising Fields needs to be in his ear....cut the virtue signaling activism crap while you can still reel it in

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Trust me millions of fans were thinking it, I'm just the only one to say it.

I hope, I really hope that Fields is more MJ and less LeBron. I didn't realize it was "troll bait" to hope a player is like MJ. We really don't need a Colin Kaepernick situation in Chicago. Make fun of me all you want but that would divide the fan base, 100%.

Whoever is advising Fields needs to be in his ear....cut the virtue signaling activism crap while you can still reel it in
Way to highjack a football thread about ccs fans.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's just a dude to me, I won't get too down on him this year unless the wheels come completely off.

I did notice that he had 'end racism' on the back of his helmet during the game though, which imo is a bad decision. I hope he re-thinks the virtue signaling shenanigans as this stuff has nothing to do with football and could potentially divide the fan base before he even wins the fans over. I hope he's more MJ and less LeBron.
...oh man..