How long until Borom and Jenkins?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
What I'm finding on the internet, mid November is the earliest for Jenkins. But he didn't get any camp did he?

Borom was available to return this week. I'm seeing 4-6-12 weeks for an ankle. Is there any idea how bad it was?

Rise

Liked Posts:
Nagy was asked today about Borom and just said he likes how he is progressing. That’s pretty vague so I’d think he is still a few weeks away. I’d look to have both of them practicing after the bye week. That’s just a guess.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't count on Jenkins being back. At one point Pace said the back injury was so bad it caused issues with his leg - this is what prompted the surgery.

Pace said the surgery went well and they believe the issue is fixed....but they've lied so much....so?

Grendel2000

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't count on Jenkins being back. At one point Pace said the back injury was so bad it caused issues with his leg - this is what prompted the surgery.

Pace said the surgery went well and they believe the issue is fixed....but they've lied so much....so?
The leg issues are almost certainly sciatica. It's just pain from the pinched nerve at the vertebrae radiating down the nerve into the buttock, leg and groin. Once the area of impingement is dealt with the radiated pain issues clear right up.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
The leg issues are almost certainly sciatica. It's just pain from the pinched nerve at the vertebrae radiating down the nerve into the buttock, leg and groin. Once the area of impingement is dealt with the radiated pain issues clear right up.
I'm not holding my breath on him being back this year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Did they lie or did it actually take time to get a definitive diagnosis?

I love how Bears fans think this is an episode of House where by the end of the hour the diagnosis is confirmed.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did they lie or did it actually take time to get a definitive diagnosis?

I love how Bears fans think this is an episode of House where by the end of the hour the diagnosis is confirmed.

My question is if it's the latter, why did the definitive diagnosis take so long? The NFL Draft was at the end of April; surely they had him in for minicamps and physicals before mid-August (when they mentioned the surgery). Why couldn't the surgery have been sooner? Honestly I'm not sure which is worse: Not knowing or not telling the truth. Even if the argument is, "They knew, they just didn't want to tell the public and media", it still seems like for the good of the team they should have nipped this shit in the bud as soon as they even thought it was a problem.

And if the answer is, "Well they wanted to see if it was going to heal on it's own", then my rebuttal is, "He sat out all of 2020. If it hasn't healed in a year of not playing, then that's a hint and a half that it's not going to get better on it's own."

I want to be clear I am not angry at Jenkins (or Borom). I'm angry at the Bears medical staff.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My question is if it's the latter, why did the definitive diagnosis take so long? The NFL Draft was at the end of April; surely they had him in for minicamps and physicals before mid-August (when they mentioned the surgery). Why couldn't the surgery have been sooner? Honestly I'm not sure which is worse: Not knowing or not telling the truth. Even if the argument is, "They knew, they just didn't want to tell the public and media", it still seems like for the good of the team they should have nipped this shit in the bud as soon as they even thought it was a problem.

And if the answer is, "Well they wanted to see if it was going to heal on it's own", then my rebuttal is, "He sat out all of 2020. If it hasn't healed in a year of not playing, then that's a hint and a half that it's not going to get better on it's own."

I want to be clear I am not angry at Jenkins (or Borom). I'm angry at the Bears medical staff.

Maybe Pace is used to shopping at KMart?

We purchase Quinn, and then have him on layaway for a year. Maybe Jenkins is just on layaway until next season when pace will pick him up and settle the tab...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He practiced prior to TC so it is likely it didnt flare up until after the minicamps. That or Jenkins initially hid how much pain he was in.

Your argument would make sense if he had practiced at all between the draft and Training Camp.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
At this point Jenkins can slowly work back in for mid November, try to use him and Borom in the same way Bars is used. Gives the Bears extra bodies and depth. I actually see our position as pretty stelar right now wince our line has played quite well as of late.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This topic has been discussed about already in the past. I was pretty sure someone said it didn't occur until After the mini camps and before training camp. Sad to say, might have to call it a Red shirt year, at least for Jenkins.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
What I'm finding on the internet, mid November is the earliest for Jenkins. But he didn't get any camp did he?

Borom was available to return this week. I'm seeing 4-6-12 weeks for an ankle. Is there any idea how bad it was?
The team doctors give their opinion on how long each will be out but it's up to Nagy how long it'll actually be because everything goes through Nagy and he has final say.

Pretty neat right?

• Haha
Reactions: Myk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange