how long will the rope be

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
for Eberflus and Getsy, if the Bears and Fields get off to a bad start in2022, my guess is the length of an eyebrow

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Teddy and George hand selected Eberflus & Poles. They won't admit defeat early. The fans will check out around year 3...the firings won't happen until year 4 or 5.

...I feel a bad era incoming. Like Wanny bad.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Teddy and George hand selected Eberflus & Poles. They won't admit defeat early. The fans will check out around year 3...the firings won't happen until year 4 or 5.

The previous real estate agent got 4 years.....kicking off at 12-4 and playoffs in years 1 and 3

This coach won't last that long without similar "results".....if he's a loser, he's gone after year 3 like foxy.......the gm.....he had a built in excuse of fields not being his qb so he may get a longer leash to pick a 2nd coach and 1st qb

mecha

Liked Posts:
Tough crowd. Haven't had a FA period, no draft, not a single practice and you are already trying to fire them.
my exact thoughts. from an outsiders perspective here, I don't think the Bears have ever assembled a staff this way before, ever. I'll be concerned if the defense is ranked dead last and well, the offense is ranked near dead last again. then you can call it more of the same, and you can subsequently flip your shit and /wrists and/or rip your dick off accordingly.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
The offense has to be John Schoop/Terry Shea bad for Getsy to be shitcanned after 1 year.

Shitstain is right. Der Flus was handpicked. He's the safest.

I think Alan Williams has the shortest. The bears just knowingly got worse at the DC position in the name of being the new HC's buddy, with Desai and Williams while in Minny being in similar situations (where the HC Nagy/Frazier were on the red hot seat). After the bears were eliminated from the playoffs this past year--Desai got guys (big names and business decision-makers) to keep playing for him. Williams' last DC stint was totally garbage in Minnesota. It's pretty impressive to be the one worse defense than Mel Tucker, even though it was almost a decade ago amid plenty of star power there, including Jared Allen--who Phil Emery saught to give big $$ to.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
he needs to have a division win and a playoff win in four years to beat nagy, right?

That sounds like a minimum expectation that should be achievable

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that draft day room will tell us a lot about what is really going on. If George and Ted are in there, forget about it.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I agree with the first paragraph.

Wanny “all the pieces are place“ bad? I am more optimistic than that.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
3 years is standard. Nagy didn't deserve a 4th season.

My opinion is they didn't feel comfortable with Pace picking the new coach and wanted an additional year to evaluate Pace.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The offense has to be John Schoop/Terry Shea bad for Getsy to be shitcanned after 1 year.

Shitstain is right. Der Flus was handpicked. He's the safest.

I think Alan Williams has the shortest. The bears just knowingly got worse at the DC position in the name of being the new HC's buddy, with Desai and Williams while in Minny being in similar situations (where the HC Nagy/Frazier were on the red hot seat). After the bears were eliminated from the playoffs this past year--Desai got guys (big names and business decision-makers) to keep playing for him. Williams' last DC stint was totally garbage in Minnesota. It's pretty impressive to be the one worse defense than Mel Tucker, even though it was almost a decade ago amid plenty of star power there, including Jared Allen--who Phil Emery saught to give big $$ to.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
My dad was trying to tell me Fields was a bust the other day. Others will see a defensive head coach not immediately turning around a bottom tier offense this year and start booing this year. There's decades of offensive frustration built into the fandom and I can't say I don't get it.

Ownership will give them at least 3 years barring conduct issues. As they should.

mecha

Liked Posts:
My dad was trying to tell me Fields was a bust the other day. Others will see a defensive head coach not immediately turning around a bottom tier offense this year and start booing this year. There's decades of offensive frustration built into the fandom and I can't say I don't get it.

Ownership will give them at least 3 years barring conduct issues. As they should.
much like Trubisky's rookie campaign being something of an incomplete, Fields deserves the same. Fields had to deal with a bigger clown show than Mitchell did getting 10 passing attempts a game.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
My hope for the team is that with a new GM and defensive HC, we can draft and develop some pass rushers and get the defense squared away.

Pace's biggest downfall other than HC is that he chose to pay his pass rushers opposed to drafting them. That is an expensive route and if you guess wrong you get sucked into bad contracts and/or hit and miss years (see Quinn).

If you continually bring in pass rushers, a defense can get away with alot of other holes.

Offensively, tts always going to be a revolving door at OC, even if Fields is successful. He is going to have to be good enough to overcome scheme changes.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Tough crowd. Haven't had a FA period, no draft, not a single practice and you are already trying to fire them.

We have some real idiots in our fandom.

I mean, odds are most coaches will flame out in 3-4 years, but if you can't enjoy a new staff, why be a fan?

I think there's a segment of fans who just love misery - theirs and others.

I choose to be cautiously optimistic. At a bare minimum, it looks to me this staff is going to at least be running things as a competent coaching staff. As long as you have that, then the rest all really comes down to talent acquisition.

So effectively this all hinges on Poles being good.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Personally, I think by the end of year 2 we will see the trend, one way or the other. Is it looking positive, has Fields caught on, is the team moving in the proper direction.

The draft this year, the Bears are pretty devoid of picks. Have to give this team at least a full draft to see what can be accomplished moving forward.