How many rookies make the team?

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
The combination of a good draft, and lack of draft picks/poor cap management is gonna create a situation where lots of rookies make the squad? Here's who I think makes it. This isn't a thread about who is an NFL starter quality candidate.

Justin Fields
Teven Jenkins
Larry Borom
Khalil Herbert
Thomas Graham
Khyiris Tonga
Charles Snowden
Michael Pinckney

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If you're including the practice squad as well then all of them. I can't say Pinckney makes the 53 without seeing anything from him in so long.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
If you're including the practice squad as well then all of them. I can't say Pinckney makes the 53 without seeing anything from him in so long.
I think Pinckney makes the full roster because, objectively, he is likely to be as good, if not, better than Iggy orJosh Woods. When you think about it, there's more tape of a quality body of work for Pinckney as an ILB than Woods since he was a safety in college.

And when Iggy started for an injured Roquan for the Saints playoff loss he had one tackle. One. So, there isn't a high bar for Pinckney to climb over.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Pinckney makes the full roster because, objectively, he is likely to be as good, if not, better than Iggy orJosh Woods. When you think about it, there's more tape of a quality body of work for Pinckney as an ILB than Woods since he was a safety in college.

And when Iggy started for an injured Roquan for the Saints playoff loss he had one tackle. One. So, there isn't a high bar for Pinckney to climb over.
Didn't Manti Te'o start the playoff game vs the Saints? I don't think Iggy is viewed as anything more than ST at this point so totally expendable.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
I think you’re right. I guess that’s even more of an indictment on Iggy. The guy who started over him isn’t on the team.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Fields and Jenkins are locks

Borom, Newsome, Graham, herbert are highly likely

Tonga is probable (but could see a release/resign to ps as 7th rounder)

Snowden and Pickney are the likely udfa rookies to make it but both will need to contribute on st and should be ps guys at worst.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
So Dazz is out? Ridley must’ve gotten out of the doghouse and into the dawgs house.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The entire draft class makes the opening roster.

I am not sure about Snowden, but he will be on the team some how.

You have to figure the PR will be

WR
TE
OL
OL
OL
DL
LB
OLB
CB
S

A few of those will be veteran guys with the new rule.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Fields and Jenkins are locks.
Borom will be the swing T or beat Ifedi outright for the RT spot.
Herbert will take Patterson’s role on special teams.
Newsome is looking good and seems to be building chemistry with Fields.
Graham I bet will take over Skrine’s role.
Tonga- we saw last season what can happen if there isn’t someone who can take over for Goldman.
Snowden-I can’t believe he fell and they will find a spot for him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I don't know how Iggy keeps making the 53 cause i don't even see much from him on ST but the coaching staff keeps him around for a reason. Woods has done some good things but i don't think it's been a secret that after we let Kwiat and KPL walk that we were not deep with our depth at ILB. The biggest reason is cause we're so up against the cap but they brought C.Jones back who i think will be the top backup so we'll see who gets the other spot out of Woogs, Iggy. Pinkney and the kid we picked up in UDFA this offseason.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'm rooting for that LB, Caleb from Houston Baptist, we definitely need the LB depth. Joel has never really shown enough.