Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This topic came up at work today....

My boss said she washed her jeans after wearing them once. A couple other female coworkers agreed, but one said she wears her jeans at least twice before washing them.

Guys, including myself, said they don't wash their jeans for a while. Answers varied between 3 times to 10+ times.

It's kind of weird that jeans, and I guess pants in general for that matter, seem to be one of the few articles of clothing that some people don't wash that often.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Inside out. Once a week.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
In the winter, 1x week. In the summer, after each wearing. PM me for details.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I was part of a conversation about how often people wash their jeans today as well ha. I wash after every use.

Reactions: BNB

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was part of a conversation about how often people wash their jeans today as well ha. I wash after every use.
my wife tells me I wash my black jeans so much that they look stonewashed. I say 'what is the problem'?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
After 10 boners.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Since I only get to wear jeans on weekends, I tend to do a thing where I'll wear one pair Saturday then another Sunday (assuming I put on pants either, or both, of those days). Each gets a week to breath, then repeat. I tend to go a month or so before washing them (so, 4 wears each, max., spaced by a week at a time?). I do own more than 2 pairs, but that seems to be the current cycle.

I might just start throwing my slacks in the freezer at work for a night rather than dry cleaning them (once you get below -30°C virtually all microbial reproduction ceases, and most flat out die). The real question will be how to replicate a light starching in the process. Remind me to update you guys on that experiment.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Once a week for me, but I wear jeans to work everyday so they need it. Back when my company required business attire, I probably washed them once a month. Probably one of the few pieces of clothing you can get away with not washing that often

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I dont wash jeans I wear in public too often because they dont get dirty but yardwork Jeans and jorts get washed regularly in the summer. I wash joggers after two wearings at most because that's what I change into from a suit to chill/gym.

When I was punk rock I would rotate 3 or 4 pairs of pants and wash once every 2 to 3 weeks.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Depends on usage. It's one thing to not wash your jeans after a couple/few wears if you're staying in clean environments. Entirely different matter if you wear those jeans in public transportation.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I agree, racerx. I don't want to smell anyone else's swamp ass so I wash accordingly, jeans, scarves, or otherwise.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Imagine wearing a scarf in springtime what's next a balaclava?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't think I've ever worn a scarf in my life. I ain't got no style tho

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I edit and delete my jeans every Friday.

And I was wearing a fedora, and scarf, while carrying a cane in my Canadian tuxedo in 1981, way before it was cool.
Hard delete or soft delete?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If you are a clean person and shower every day, wear clean underwear everyday, they don't need washing every week. I don't wash jeans unless they get spilled on, or winter salt stains. As long as they don't smell like ass and they look clean, why bother, washing jeans, it's what makes them get old.

But if you are a pig and never clean yourself or your underwear, your jeans will stink after one wearing, but I don't think that guy cares if he smells like ass. We all know somebody like that, if you don't, he is probably you. Maybe that's why women are compelled to wash after every wearing, afraid of Bears.

I had the same conversation about wearing the same shoes everyday, same thing shower everyday, wear clean socks, no problem. I know this will not pertain to certain posters that own as many shoes as women.