Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I remember the first time I read this story,I fell off my dinosaur and broke my wooden underwear.

kids today will never know dinosaurs or meteors. They use microwaves to heat their food and will never discover fire.

You say progress?
I say remember the Alamo.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
One evening a grandson was talking to his Grandfather about current events.

The Grandson asked his Grandfather what he thought about the shootings at schools, the computer age, and just things in general.

The Grandfather replied, "Well, let me think a minute, I was born before:
'
television
'
penicillin
'
polio shots
'
frozen foods
'
Xerox
'
contact lenses
'
Frisbees and
'
the pill

There were no:
'
credit cards
'
laser beams or
'
ball-point pens

Man had not invented
:
'
pantyhose
'
air conditioners
'
dishwashers
'
clothes dryers
'
and the clothes were hung out to dry in the fresh air and
'
space travel was only in Flash Gordon books.

Your Grandmother and I got married first,... and then lived together..

Every family had a father and a mother. Until I was 25, I called every woman older than me, "mam". And after I turned 25, I still called policemen and every man with a title, "Sir".

We were before gay-rights, computer-dating, dual careers, daycare centers, and group therapy.

Our lives were governed by the Bible, good judgment, and common sense. We were taught to know the difference between right and wrong and to stand up and take responsibility for our actions.

Serving your country was a privilege; living in this country was a bigger privilege... We thought fast food was eating half a biscuit while running to catch the school bus.

Having a meaningful relationship meant getting along with your cousins.

Draft dodgers were those who closed front doors as the evening breeze started.

Time-sharing meant time the family spent together in the evenings and weekends-not purchasing condominiums.

We never heard of FM radios, tape decks, CDs, electric typewriters, yogurt, or guys wearing earrings.

We listened to Big Bands, Jack Benny, and the President's speeches on our radios. And I don't ever remember any kid blowing his brains out listening to Tommy Dorsey.

If you saw anything with 'Made in Japan ' on it, it was junk.

The term 'making out' referred to how you did on your school exam....

Pizza Hut, McDonald's, and instant coffee were unheard of.

We had 5 &10-cent stores where you could actually buy things for 5 and 10 cents. Ice-cream cones, phone calls, rides on a streetcar, and a Pepsi were all a nickel. And if you didn't want to splurge, you could spend your nickel on enough stamps to mail 1 letter and 2 postcards.

You could buy a new Ford Coupe for $600, but who could afford one? Too bad, because gas was 11 cents a gallon.

In my day:
'
"grass" was mowed,
'
"coke" was a cold drink,
'
"pot" was something your mother cooked in and
'
"rock music" was your grandmother's lullaby.
'
"Aids" were helpers in the Principal's office,
'
"chip" meant a piece of wood,
'
"hardware" was found in a hardware store and
'
"software" wasn't even a word.

And we were the last generation to actually believe that a lady needed a husband to have a baby.
How old do you think I am?

I bet you have this old man in mind...you are in for a shock!

Read on to see -- pretty scary if you think about it and pretty sad at the same time

Are you
ready ?????

This man would be 74
years old today.(2021)
GIVES YOU SOMETHING TO THINK
ABOUT... PASS THIS ON TO THE OLD ONES. The younger generation would not understand.

1...Hard times produce tough men
2...Tough men produce good times
3...Good times produce weak men
4...Weak men produce hard times

We are in phase 4 now

Cya all Monday...Playing in Atlanta this weekend

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd love to hear Angry Boomer's definition of a 'tough man'

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I walked to school up hill both ways in the middle of winter!!!

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Back in the day, mankind hunted with sticks and hands and ate their meat raw.
They died at the ripe old age of 20, broken and battered of disease or a simple infected cut.

Then, pussies invented the bow and arrow. Living almost to 30, Those weak bitches could never take down a mammoth with a rock. The species is doomed.

Then, some ultra pussies invented guns. Living to the mid 30s and maybe even 40s, those walking vaginas could never protect themselves from a lion attack. The species is doomed.

And then
And then
And then.....

Here we are with people living to their hundreds, technology expanding by leaps and bounds...and it is the end of the species.

We have all heard the old saw about our phones having more computing power than the first mission to the moon had.
My bet is our phones now have more computing power than the entirety of nasa at that point.
The first person to hit 150 is already alive and walking the earth.

Point being, I love how people selectively say their generation had the perfect blend of technology and badassery.

200 years from now, we will all be considered mouth breathing cave men.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought the planet would be dead in 20-30 years.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Back in the day, mankind hunted with sticks and hands and ate their meat raw.
They died at the ripe old age of 20, broken and battered of disease or a simple infected cut.

Then, pussies invented the bow and arrow. Living almost to 30, Those weak bitches could never take down a mammoth with a rock. The species is doomed.

Then, some ultra pussies invented guns. Living to the mid 30s and maybe even 40s, those walking vaginas could never protect themselves from a lion attack. The species is doomed.

And then
And then
And then.....

Here we are with people living to their hundreds, technology expanding by leaps and bounds...and it is the end of the species.

We have all heard the old saw about our phones having more computing power than the first mission to the moon had.
My bet is our phones now have more computing power than the entirety of nasa at that point.
The first person to hit 150 is already alive and walking the earth.

Point being, I love how people selectively say their generation had the perfect blend of technology and badassery.

200 years from now, we will all be considered mouth breathing cave men.
Can you imagine what turkey day will be like in 50-100 years?

The Bears still haven't won a Super Bowl.

Grandpa used to have to flip a switch to start a fire. He used to have to either cook it in the oven for hours, deep fry it or smoke it on a grill! If he forget something, he had to get in his gas powered car and drive somewhere to get ingredients! Nowaday Bezos just drops it off instantly. He had to use a physical remote to change the channel. It's going to be wild as a 90 year old. (60 years for me). Probably like 40 for you.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hate these nostalgia threads because they imply two very untrue things:

1. All we need is the bible for ed down everyone's throat, and we'll be fine

2. If everyone was exactly like the fictional character in the story, everything would be fine.

Go back to any time and any place where one of these fantasy stories takes place, and paints a picture of someone who had it good, and I'll find the history of that time and place and find you someone who would not wax poetic about how swell it was. For instance, old grandpa in the story is clearly white, and probably had it pretty swell in the 50's. Let's hear the romantic musings of his black counterpart from the same era in Hattiesburg Mississippi.

This nostalgic story in the original post and those like always remind of this comic:

FB_IMG_1540338102298.jpg

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Can you imagine what turkey day will be like in 50-100 years?

The Bears still haven't won a Super Bowl.

Grandpa used to have to flip a switch to start a fire. He used to have to either cook it in the oven for hours, deep fry it or smoke it on a grill! If he forget something, he had to get in his gas powered car and drive somewhere to get ingredients! Nowaday Bezos just drops it off instantly. He had to use a physical remote to change the channel. It's going to be wild as a 90 year old. (60 years for me). Probably like 40 for you.

50 for me, you asswipe! Lmao

You know the universal motion for rolling down a window in a car? I wonder how long it will be before people think you are having a fit when you pull up next to them and start rotating your hand.

Another thing that is gone is the pleasure of slamming the phone down on someone.
We had one of those old plastic phones when I was a kid and I would slam the shit out of it if someone pissed me off.
I have no idea what kind of super plastic they made those things out of, but they were indestructible.
My brother literally knocked me cold with the receiver once.

Nowadays, you drop your phone and you have a heart attack on the way down, certain it will shatter.
Back with those old fuckers, I remember several times where my brother or sister caught the stretched out cord with their leg running through the room and watching the receiver go flying... the only concern was hoping it didn't kill someone or take out a load bearing wall.

Last edited: