How To Create Safe Pressure On Aaron Rodgers

Newblood

Liked Posts:
"By knowing which way the center turns, a defensive coordinator can use twists and line stunts to the man-side of the protection to pressure the quarterback with four and five rushers.
On the man-blocked side of the line, twists and stunting players along the defensive front can “pick” a blocker and create a free, or at least less-obstructed, pass rush lane. It can also get a pass rusher matched up against a running back, which is a scenario that typically favors the defense.
This design achieves the goal of safe(r) pressure without exposing the back end of the defense."

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/09/09/durkins-playbook-how-to-create-safe-pressure-on-aaron-rodgers/

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Interesting read about Packer tendencies and how to utilize them on defense.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Brilliant!

Consider that Aaron Rodgers fellow a problem of the past!

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
I think McPhee can cause some havoc on stunts. His speed to power is more than most guards can anticipate and I think it's something that's hard to game plan for

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Yeah, thought it would be a nice wrinkle to watch for this Sunday.

We will have to see. It's interesting to note this is why the pack seem to do such a good job for Rodgers even thoug the stats show he has been sacked alot. On that note it also has to do with Rodgers pocket awareness etc.

Still a nice read.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There was a thread about D player importance yesterday. Goldman needs to push his man and plug the middle. You get safe pressure by not letting Aaron step up or have short yardages on late downs. It's much harder to keep contain when the QB can get under a speed rush to throw or under the tackle and out.

Thibetanus

Liked Posts:
"By knowing which way the center turns, a defensive coordinator can use twists and line stunts to the man-side of the protection to pressure the quarterback with four and five rushers.
On the man-blocked side of the line, twists and stunting players along the defensive front can “pick” a blocker and create a free, or at least less-obstructed, pass rush lane. It can also get a pass rusher matched up against a running back, which is a scenario that typically favors the defense.
This design achieves the goal of safe(r) pressure without exposing the back end of the defense."

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/09/09/durkins-playbook-how-to-create-safe-pressure-on-aaron-rodgers/

Dan Durkin is awesome.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:

didn't Rod Marineli say pretty much this same thing? I think it was Alex Brown or another DE but they talked about Rod's insight to watching and reacting to the center's movement at the snap.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
There was a thread about D player importance yesterday. Goldman needs to push his man and plug the middle. You get safe pressure by not letting Aaron step up or have short yardages on late downs. It's much harder to keep him contain when the QB can get under a speed rush to throw or under the tackle and out.

This. A thousand times this. I am so sicksicksick of watching Erin step up in the pocket and make those impossible throws.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
With the packer Oline in shambles right now i think McPhee is gonna eat..

Bad news for Erin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stallan54

Liked Posts:
This. A thousand times this. I am so sicksicksick of watching Erin step up in the pocket and make those impossible throws.

Duuuuude...I'm stoked to see Goldman play. I hope he exceeds my expectations but I'm expecting him to be a contender for RDPOY. Seems like this years draft class has some promissing dudes though based on preseason...including Shane Ray who we might regret not taking.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Duuuuude...I'm stoked to see Goldman play. I hope he exceeds my expectations but I'm expecting him to be a contender for RDPOY. Seems like this years draft class has some promissing dudes though based on preseason...including Shane Ray who we might regret not taking.

Can't see Goldman winning RDPOY. He probably won't have many sacks (and isn't really expected to be a sack machine). It will likely go whomever has the most sacks or INTs.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
With the packer Oline in shambles right now i think McPhee is gonna eat..

Bad news for Erin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As long as they get to hold with impunity it doesn't matter. They haven't had a good offensive line in ages yet they get away with having shit players because they don't get called on penalties nearly as often as they should.