How would you feel about Jameis Winston?

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Setting aside the off the field stuff (i.e. the fact that he's a weird rapist scumbag).

He's, what, five years in to his NFL career. He is what he is at this point. Turnarounds like Tannehill are exceptionally rare.

I was thinking this morning about this from the defensive side of the ball. Obviously neither Trubisky or Winston are what you want, but...If the defense becomes a top 5 unit again, would they rather have someone like Mitch who doesn't turn it over much but regularly sits out the entire first half. Or would they rather have someone like Jameis who will make some throws but also throw a ton of picks (including some pick 6s)?

Hammer

Liked Posts:
You want someone who can put points on board, and that's not Trubisky, the rest is on defense to take care of.

And Winston (character issues aside) is by far the best arm talent available in FA or via. trade.

I would rather take a chance on him than some below average game manager (like Dalton or Foles) or broken down run first QB (like Cam) or a mental midget Draft bust (like Trubs).

Last edited:

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

He makes throws mitch could only dream of making, he also makes throws mitch knows not to make.

How would you feel if we got him for cheapish(low teens) on a 1-2 year deal if tampa signs brady?

If nagy is the qb guru he says he is he should be able to fix a guy who has much more talent than the current guy we have. I feel like winston is essentially a slightly worse version of cutler, and it would have been interesting to see what Nagy could have done with jay in his prime.

If you personally don't like him, mention it. This is about football, not politics or if you think a guy is a scumbag. I personally think the guy is a POS but if he can lead this team to the playoffs, and mitch can't, I would welcome him.
I'd say yes.

Over Dalton in a second

Carr depends on the compensation. I think if everything was even I'd take Carr.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Maybe the Patriots sign Winston. They don’t have a qb now do they?

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'd say yes.

Over Dalton in a second

Carr depends on the compensation. I think if everything was even I'd take Carr.
I'd take carr. I dont know if he's available however.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
None of these guys are the answer! Why does everyone want to bring in a more expensive version of what we already have?

Jameis has a strong arm, wow! He also is a mental midget!

very few, if any teams can win with their back up and eagles were only team that come to mind so spending
Valuable resources on a back up is silly.

drafting a talent is the right answer it just isn’t the right now answer everyone is looking for

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:

He makes throws mitch could only dream of making, he also makes throws mitch knows not to make.

How would you feel if we got him for cheapish(low teens) on a 1-2 year deal if tampa signs brady?

If nagy is the qb guru he says he is he should be able to fix a guy who has much more talent than the current guy we have. I feel like winston is essentially a slightly worse version of cutler, and it would have been interesting to see what Nagy could have done with jay in his prime.

If you personally don't like him, mention it. This is about football, not politics or if you think a guy is a scumbag. I personally think the guy is a POS but if he can lead this team to the playoffs, and mitch can't, I would welcome him.
No thanks. He throws too many picks for my taste. Whats the point of throwing for 350 yards when you've turned the ball over 3 times?

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Nah, not a fan of Winston. He really is Jay Cutler 2.0. And how many coaches did Cutler go through before everyone knew that he wasn't going to develop into a great QB? I feel the same way about Winston.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Nah, not a fan of Winston. He really is Jay Cutler 2.0. And how many coaches did Cutler go through before everyone knew that he wasn't going to develop into a great QB? I feel the same way about Winston.

the only offensive coordinator that worked with Cutler that was worth anything was Mike Martz, and he was removed from the league for a long time. had he stuck around longer, maybe the mechanical issues could've been sorted out. it wasn't Cutler's fault the team kept hiring/firing multiple coaching staffs because a) Lovie Smith couldn't put together an offense b) Marc Trestman sucked and c) John Fox really had no team to work with.

didn't Winston get his eyes fixed? Cutler had that beetus that made him throw to wrong players at night, maybe now that he can see that won't be a problem.

Tampabear

Liked Posts:
Cam is the clear and obvious choice. He instantly makes us better. Only 30 and if his body is right it’s a huge upgrade over trubisky.

I don’t want another turnover machine like cutler by signing Winston and I don’t want to give up draft pics for Dalton or Foles at all!
Cam will cost draft picks as well unless your plan would be to hope he gets cut, which is possible. I'll take Winston and the bad considering what else he can do (5,000 yrds 33 td).

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Ok you reference the fact the Bucs D were 5th in DVOA despite allowing 28 points a game. How is that possible? Well maybe because their QB thew 30 interceptions despite having two top 10 WRs and 2 TEs that are much better than what we have.

In short, a terrible idea to pair a top D with a guy that throws a fuck ton of picks.

I suppose you can hope the Lasik will improve his decision making.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
375x250.jpg

Honestly, Winston's not being able to read rap is worse than Mitch's.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I just checked the Tampa 'O' stats. During the 5 years Winston been there, they avg. over 3Tds per game. Our 'D' JUST needs
the 3Tds per game and they'll keep teams under 21pts. If all this happens we darn near go undefeated.

Click here to see my Bears 'D' 3yr. stats analysis>>>>>#7

Note: Winston just got lasik surgery ?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Winston would give us better offense than Mitch but would put the defense in horrible positions. Maybe though they could keep up with the turnovers so it is a draw.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just checked the Tampa 'O' stats. During the 5 years Winston been there, they avg. over 3Tds per game. Our 'D' JUST needs
the 3Tds per game
and they'll keep teams under 21pts. If all this happens we darn near go undefeated.

Except the D wont keep teams under 21 points if the QB keeps turning it over bad spots. Again the Bucs D was 5th in DVOA while Bears while Bears were 8th. Yet Bucs gave up 28 points a game.

Winston gives you 3 TDs but he also gives the other team points as well.

meangreek

Liked Posts:
Winston = Cutler

Winston does have some leadership qualities that Mike Glennon admires

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
the 3Tds per game
and they'll keep teams under 21pts. If all this happens we darn near go undefeated.

Except the D wont keep teams under 21 points if the QB keeps turning it over bad spots. Again the Bucs D was 5th in DVOA while Bears while Bears were 8th. Yet Bucs gave up 28 points a game.

Winston gives you 3 TDs but he also gives the other team points as well.

Our 'D' is better than TB

Note: Winston just got lasik surgery