How would you feel about Jameis Winston?

msadows

Liked Posts:

He makes throws mitch could only dream of making, he also makes throws mitch knows not to make.

How would you feel if we got him for cheapish(low teens) on a 1-2 year deal if tampa signs brady?

If nagy is the qb guru he says he is he should be able to fix a guy who has much more talent than the current guy we have. I feel like winston is essentially a slightly worse version of cutler, and it would have been interesting to see what Nagy could have done with jay in his prime.

If you personally don't like him, mention it. This is about football, not politics or if you think a guy is a scumbag. I personally think the guy is a POS but if he can lead this team to the playoffs, and mitch can't, I would welcome him.

Last edited:

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
I'd feel like they would still need to draft a qb next year. But I dont like him any more or less than Trubisky at this point.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'd feel like they would still need to draft a qb next year. But I dont like him any more or less than Trubisky at this point.

Ohh they would, thats why I said a 1-2 year deal. He'd basically only want to sign here because he's banking on starting over mitch.

This doesn't stop us from using a 4th rounder on a qb like hurts/fromm. And I think he's a better emergency option than Cam/Foles/Dalton.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I not only love the idea of signing Winston...I even love the OP more for suggesting it.

I am tired of being so ****ing boring on offense and for all of the bad you can say about Winston, he certainly ain't boring.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Matt Nagy can't fix jack shit.

It's looking like it, but then again what did he really have to work with? Cant polish a turd. Jameis, as much as I hate the scrub, has much more arm talent than mitch

msadows

Liked Posts:
I not only love the idea of signing Winston...I even love the OP more for suggesting it.

I am tired of being so ****ing boring on offense and for all of the bad you can say about Winston, he certainly ain't boring.

Exactly, worst case scenario he turns the ball over more and we go back to mitch.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
He would make the offense both stressful and fun to watch. He definitely would not be doing the defense any favors with how careless he is with the ball

personally I rather go trubisky get a new rb that compliments Montgomery well and some oline. We can win like that the way the defense looks to be stacked

msadows

Liked Posts:
can't afford him, doesn't matter

What other team is looking for a starter? Dude isn't getting starter money as a backup. Most he's getting is like 12-15m.

If we can afford dalton, we can afford him.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Winston blows! God help us

Bruh, he threw 33 tds last year.

Who's the last bears qb who ever did that.

I'm waiting.

I'll be waiting forever.

Hint: The record is 29.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It's looking like it, but then again what did he really have to work with? Cant polish a turd. Jameis, as much as I hate the scrub, has much more arm talent than mitch

He might make bad mistakes at the worst time in games with throwing pick and even pick 6's to lose games but he's also thrown plenty of beautiful touch passes that are on the money. The kind of throws that will have other teams offering him more money then we can this offseason. He just makes stupid decisions and too many of them come at the absolute worst time in games.

With all that i'd still take him on and let him throw for 5k for us.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets

He makes throws mitch could only dream of making, he also makes throws mitch knows not to make.

How would you feel if we got him for cheapish(low teens) on a 1-2 year deal if tampa signs brady?

If nagy is the qb guru he says he is he should be able to fix a guy who has much more talent than the current guy we have. I feel like winston is essentially a slightly worse version of cutler, and it would have been interesting to see what Nagy could have done with jay in his prime.

If you personally don't like him, mention it. This is about football, not politics or if you think a guy is a scumbag. I personally think the guy is a POS but if he can lead this team to the playoffs, and mitch can't, I would welcome him.
Idiot, they gave him every chance to succeed yet he was unwilling to put the time in on film study and effort. Maybe soccer is your game?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bruh, he threw 33 tds last year.

Who's the last bears qb who ever did that.

I'm waiting.

I'll be waiting forever.

Hint: The record is 29.

You have heard of google right??

Davide

Liked Posts:
I think that Jameis could become the second best talent in QB position the Bears ever had.

msadows

Liked Posts:
For dabears70, my point I was trying to prove is that no bears QB has ever thrown as many TD's as Winston has.

Since you're slow, I spelled it out for you.

Davide

Liked Posts:
Funny, Jameis is only 26.. like the project Mitch