How would you grade this draft class?

TecmoSuperbOwl

Liked Posts:
I'm not a draft nut so I have little insight on players beyond about the third round, but given what Pace was able to do with the first two picks (at least on paper) it's an A+ from me.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Ok, so Pace didn’t draft all the guys YOU wanted. That’s not a reason to downgrade the picks.

Did they draft players that can help this team win, at positions we need? Did they get good value? Is there a lot of potential in the latter rd picks? Don’t see any way you can grade it less than an A.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well it is quite true because I said before and after the 5th round pick there were some good safeties on the board. There were about 3 of them I probably would have taken.

I have to give them their running back. I love the corner pick.

Don't be a bitch.
tenor.gif

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I find the idea of grading a draft class before any of them have even played incredibly stupid.

I prefer to wait 2 to 3 years in
Did you like the Fields pick?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I give it an A and a nice golden star for my favorite tard GM.

I'd give it a + but they got extremely lucky that Fields fell that far and a ton of picks were given up to get two really good players. But an A is still great. Love Fields and i think he could finally be the one. Jenkins fits a major need and also helps Fields. Nice value on a couple other positions of need. Nothing head scratching, which is a pleasant surprise.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
The first two rounds went way better than I expected, so A+ on that.

Grading day 3 picks is a waste of time.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I give it a B+. As good as it was, the only Bears drafts I would give an A to are the 1983 & 82 draft.
That was pretty much the 85 team, sans a few

Last edited:

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just think about what your reaction would have been 3 days ago if I told you that Ryan Pace would trade up in the first two rounds and one of the picks would be a quarterback.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The last time I was ever this happy about a draft, was the year that Alshon Jeffery was drafted. I thought that draft class was amazing. Hopefully this class ends up giving us way more production than that class. lol. But on paper, I give this an A because I love the first 2 picks, I love the CB and WR they drafted. Not so sure how I feel about the RB and the DT.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just think about what your reaction would have been 3 days ago if I told you that Ryan Pace would trade up in the first two rounds and one of the picks would be a quarterback.
I would have been sick to my stomach thinking that he probably traded up for Lance. When he went to the Niners, i was so relieved.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
A

First two picks were great. I actually think all the 6th and 7th round picks were solid and they picked players that have a chance of contributing. The OT in the 5th I thought there was better options (I'd have taken DT Nixon or OT Forsyth)

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Its the most excited I've been after a draft in my life. Thats an A in my book all day!

Ive seen too many Bears drafts to be excited or disappointed. As a lifelong fan, Im bearly hanging on but im still somewhat interested in the process though.

I give it a grade of Unknown.

Last edited:

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
A

First two picks were great. I actually think all the 6th and 7th round picks were solid and they picked players that have a chance of contributing. The OT in the 5th I thought there was better options (I'd have taken DT Nixon or OT Forsyth)
OK first two picks I agree are an A, but would you really bet against Pace's ability to find solid starters in the 5th round. Amos, Howard, Nichols, Mooney. Gibson, to early to tell, Morgan a fail.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
OK first two picks I agree are an A, but would you really bet against Pace's ability to find solid starters in the 5th round. Amos, Howard, Nichols, Mooney. Gibson, to early to tell, Morgan a fail.
I actually think the 5th round T can be an awesome G. Just don't know when or if he'll get that opportunity with us

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
A+ based solely on the first two picks. I don't know anything about the next five but that's not surprising as I'm not a huge college football nut. If Fields is everything we hope he can be nothing else will really matter in the end.